We're still in decent shape

drsamuel84

Fitzpatrick sucks do you watch the games when you go or what?  He plays bad in person TV does him good. 

Fitzpatrick is not great but he is vastly superior to Geno.  Today's 5-4 would be 3-6 if Smith played every down this season, every Jets fan knows this.

SAR I

Fitzpatrick is not great but he is vastly superior to Geno.  Today's 5-4 would be 3-6 if Smith played every down this season, every Jets fan knows this.

SAR I

Not so sure about that SAR I but we agree to disagree Jets fans hate Geno irregardless Fitz is worse in person that on TV thats my OPINION. 

We are a rebuilding team in Year 1 of a brand new regime.  We were playing surprisingly well for the talent we have and then our razor-thin roster took some key hits causing the scales to swing the other way.  Anyone who thought playoffs or Super Bowl this offseason is certifiable.

The Jets are better than the Bills and would have beaten them if not for some lousy offensive playcalls, some poor fourth down decisions, and a bad kick return.  One play here or there and we'd be talking about how we are 6-3 and world beaters, amazing comeback win, gutsy play, and all the rest.

Bad loss, but we're still capable of getting into the playoffs if we get healthy and learn when to pass on a 4th down conversion and kick field goals.

SAR I

And Abe would have enjoyed the play except for that dam gun shot..:)

Agreed- and you were correct last night as well, they just didn't finish.

If our rookie HC listened to his mentor, he'd have kicked 2 field goals, we win, we're 6-3 and sitting pretty, Rex is one-step from being fired for his boneheaded sideline performance.  But instead, Bowles gets too aggressive, the playcalling stinks, Fitz makes some bad reads.

Hated last night, probably a Top 5 dumb loss all-time, but we're better than the Bills and the schedule looks good.  The playoffs don't really matter.  Truly.  It's not about 2015.  We are not winning Lombardi right now.  What this year is about is escaping the 4-win doldrums and getting back to respectability.  We've done that already.  Let our team get some pressure games in, let them experience a playoff chase, then Maccagnan gets us a step closer next year with better personnel, then we can have higher expectations.

This impatience just has to stop.  We're a rebuilding team having surprising success because of a QB signing and teams like the Fish and Colts falling apart.  Everyone needs to chill on this playoff stuff.

SAR I

And Abe would have enjoyed the play except for that dam gun shot..:)

Not sure what this means.  We weren't a 10 win club in August, we might be a 10 win club in November.  That's a good thing.  That's a surprise.  Just because a 3-1 start and a close contest in New England got everyone with visions of playoffs in their heads doesn't mean we have playoff talent.  Take Fitz off the team, take that signing that barely made the newspapers, and we aren't 5-4 today, we're 3-6.

Not so sure about that SAR I but we agree to disagree Jets fans hate Geno irregardless Fitz is worse in person that on TV thats my OPINION. 

Jets fans hate Geno because he is stupid.  He makes really bad decisions 100% of the time whereas Fitz makes bad decisions 25% of the time.  While that's nothing to brag about, it's a significant upgrade.  We're 2 wins better right now because of the Fitzpatrick signing.  That's fact.

SAR I

Absolutely.

Think of it this way:  If Maccagnan wasn't able to bring in a good vet like Fitzpatrick and if Geno were our QB, we'd be 3-6 right now headed towards a 7-9 season.  And we'd say it was decent progress and things were looking up and we have the right front office for the long haul.

It may not feel like it today, but you're actually punishing Maccagnan for doing too good of a job with the Band-Aids and winning too many games too early in the season.  Fitzpatrick is the reason our record exceeds our talent level.  Take him off the team, take that lucky break away, we're a .500 club at best.  It's nice that we have a shot at 10-6 because of the QB, but it's not anything more than luck that it happened.

SAR I

I actually agree with you here.

Just beat the Texans. I always laugh when I hear/read jets fans talk about how "easy" the schedule is. 

Agreed.

And anyone who saw last night's game certainly isn't afraid of the Bills.  I'm not worried about any tiebreakers with them.  If the Jets can get to 10-6 we're in.  The Bills can't get to 10-6.  Week 17 might mean the playoffs for the Jets, it certainly won't for the Bills.  And if it does, if we're both 8-7 with a wildcard win-and-in, who would be afraid to go into Buffalo and win up there?  We beat them yesterday, no matter the scoreboard.

SAR I

I actually agree with you here.

jets_sched.thumb.PNG.abca0ae3b5b0864ecf5

And I'm glad that you do :)

Last night didn't give the Bills some inside track at the playoffs.  If anything, it let us know not to fear them in Week 17.

However, losing last night's game means that we must win 2 of the following 3 games which isn't impossible, but a tall order:

Giants

@Cowboys

Patriots

SAR I

Jets fans hate Geno because he is stupid.  He makes really bad decisions 100% of the time whereas Fitz makes bad decisions 25% of the time.  While that's nothing to brag about, it's a significant upgrade.  We're 2 wins better right now because of the Fitzpatrick signing.  That's fact.

SAR I

Id be more inclined to hang those wins on Revis

jets_sched.thumb.PNG.abca0ae3b5b0864ecf5

And I'm glad that you do :)

Last night didn't give the Bills some inside track at the playoffs.  If anything, it let us know not to fear them in Week 17.

However, losing last night's game means that we must win 2 of the following 3 games which isn't impossible, but a tall order:

Giants

@Cowboys

Patriots

SAR I

Exactly. 

At this point, all we can hope for is that this adversity and these games we've lost proves to solidify and strengthen this team as we move forward. We're not a 14-win team. That much we should have all known. At this point, we need to handle our business and hope to get hot (and healthy) at the right time.

The only game where we got outright beat was Oakland. We saw enough to know we can beat Buffalo and New England next time. We saw enough in the 2nd half of the Eagles loss to know we can come back, if we clean up the mistakes. 

I'm down today... but I've seen hallmark signs of a dominant football team here. They just aren't seasoned or skilled enough to be consistent yet. 

Also, a 10 day break is almost like having a BYE. We need it right now. 

Team needs to figure out what type of team they want to be in the 2nd half of the year. Guys need to get healthy. Mac needs to get some new spare parts, because we've lost some guys who won't be back this year.

I hope we start poking around some of the RBs on the wire.

I'm down today... but I've seen hallmark signs of a dominant football team here. They just aren't seasoned or skilled enough to be consistent yet. 

Perfectly stated.

And I'll add that for this season we've got a shot at 10 wins which is pretty amazing.  And beyond that, things are looking good for our future, we're not a doormat anymore, Maccagnan is a good GM, Bowles has some traits that will serve us well, it's already been a successful 2015 from the standpoint of what really matters. Sweating last night isn't useful, it's what happens to rebuilding teams with a lot of newcomers and moving parts.

SAR I

Archived