Licking my wounds this morning

Jetster

You guys have all seen games where the coach takes the podium & claims, "we all need to do better, the players & the coaches", well if there was ever a game that this quote can be used it was last nights game.

Rex can run around like he won the Super Bowl but my god the truth is he just beat a team that did everything wrong & still had 2 chances to win at the end. We have people questioning the 4th down play & how we should have kicked the FG, talk about hindsight. How about our very expensive free agent catch a 5 yard pass, how about that? How about the other big dollar free agent Marshall start catching the ball too. Stop excusing him! Those balls were broken up AFTER the ball had gone through his hands 3 times.

I have no idea what Chan Gailey was thinking last night. 1st he comes out throwing 3 times deep with a QB with no arm or deep accuracy, likes to run up the middle too much, who completely stunted a series by giving Ridley 1st & 2nd down runs when the guy hasn't played in 2 years, then the mind numbing call on 4th down 3 yards behind the sticks to Marshall, then he throws twice on a 2nd & 2 from the 5 when he has Ivory & the Bills D is tiring & we throw to a guy with a number in the 40s in a HUGE MOMENT!

Let's not forget Bobby (I've always been overrated) April! Hey, I've got an idea, let's take our softest player Charmin Smith & give him his 1st kickoff return in a MUST WIN GAME. Are any of you surprised that f*cking wimp folded like a cheap suit when he got hit?

So, while I'm super pissed at Bowles because he runs the show, he put his faith in a bunch of people that sh*t all over him! Gailey, April & the players who gifted the Bills & that doofus coach (11 minutes with no TOs & no challenges) with 16 points off turnovers. Let's not forget Fitz who couldn't hit the side of a barn in the 1st half! Leading to 4 out of 5 three & out series that breathed life into the Bills giving them snaps to their RBs to tire our defense.

Our defense played great considering our offensive futility in the 1st half. They gave up 13 f*cking points in this NFL & kept getting the ball back to the O in the 2nd half. The entire offense & coaches need to apologize to the D.

The most frustrating thing is after all that the Jets were actually the better team last night and found a way to lose

Completely agree. We all said it before the game, NO TURNOVERS. We lost 22-17 & gifted the Bills 16 points. This isn't rocket science. Without stupid turnovers the Jets are a pretty good team. We don't have the QB to overcome TOs. The fact that we STILL had 2 chances to win the game at the end tells you everything you need to know.

Rontez Miles was all over the field last night. Kid had a great game.

Once again some poor tackling at critical times in the game.Especially on McCoy at end of game.

Mo Wilk had a very good game, That Karlos Williams TD exposed Demario once again and Gilchrist got caught taking a bad angle.

Smith fumble.... rookie mistake. Had a couple of nice catches.

Fitz made some great deep throws.... Marshall has got to make that deep post catch along the sideline. Perfect throw.

Fitz is one tough SOB. Stood tall in the pocket with Bills all over him. Geno would have panicked like a cat trapped in a dog pound.

--he still made a couple of stupid throws.

Bad goal line play calling, period. That game was ours. The one stop we needed on Watkins on that 3rd and short with 1"23 to go, Revis couldn't make.

Watkins is QUICK! 

We shot ourselves in the foot once again.

Rontez Miles was all over the field last night. Kid had a great game.

Once again some poor tackling at critical times in the game.Especially on McCoy at end of game.

Mo Wilk had a very good game, That Karlos Williams TD exposed Demario once again and Gilchrist got caught taking a bad angle.

Smith fumble.... rookie mistake. Had a couple of nice catches.

Fitz made some great deep throws.... Marshall has got to make that deep post catch along the sideline. Perfect throw.

Fitz is one tough SOB. Stood tall in the pocket with Bills all over him. Geno would have panicked like a cat trapped in a dog pound.

--he still made a couple of stupid throws.

Bad goal line play calling, period. That game was ours. The one stop we needed on Watkins on that 3rd and short with 1"23 to go, Revis couldn't make.

Watkins is QUICK! 

We shot ourselves in the foot once again.

Fitz sucked. Stop trying to sugar coat it . Everything else I agree with 

It was a missed opportunity to humiliate the awful ex-coach who stole six years of our lives, but we wake up today 5-4 with a relatively easy road ahead that should get us to 8-8, 9-7. It's really all you could ask for. The rest of the season is about the growth of the Head Coach and the development of Bryce Petty. Everything else is foolywang.

It was a missed opportunity to humiliate the awful ex-coach who stole six years of our lives, but we wake up today 5-4 with a relatively easy road ahead that should get us to 8-8, 9-7. It's really all you could ask for. The rest of the season is about the growth of the Head Coach and the development of Bryce Petty. Everything else is foolywang.

Agreed...but the bad part is the waste of money spent on Revis and Cromartie.....Revis is a shadow of his former self and Cromartie is simply done.  I would use the rest of the season to see if Milliner and McDougal can play, otherwise its back to drafting a CB.  Most significant draft needs will prolly be OG, CB, WR and RB and of course we still will not have a QB.

If we can get these next two games, Houston & Miami at home, we're 7-4 with 5 left. Let's say we get healthy, Pryor back, Bailey back, Skrine at 100%, Ivory finally looked healthy last night, Fitz thumb healing, Mangold back to 100%, Cro no longer on the field, Milliner in on dime, it's not out of the realm of possibility for the Jets to win 10 games with this schedule.

Who knows if Romo doesn't get hurt again before we go to Dallas, or Tyrod getting wrecked running around like he does. I never give up until the fat lady farts. I have to admit last nights mistakes though just had me thinking SOJs. But, every week teams have heart breaking losses, and their fans feel the same way. Well everyone except the Patriots, Panthers & Bengals.

Keep things in perspective- if anyone thought the Jets were going to roll through the league and be worldbeaters. It was  a tough loss to take I know former coach and division foe but you have to regroup and try to get better as the season goes on.

the real question is why do we the fans expect different? 

Let's look at the situation. The Jets had 17 players on the injury report. The Bills had 5. The Jets lost their franchise kicker (yes they tagged him once upon a time) and didn't have faith in the new guy. Mangold looked like crap and Marshall was limping around like a retiree. 

The starting QB had an injury so severe that the team knew he'd get surgery after the game. 

And fans are surprised by a loss? 

This sucks because the team is not young. Decker, Revis, Ivory, Marshall are basically in a win now mode but obviously that is not happening. Salary cap is a beast now and I am not sure what the future holds. Very frustrating. Miami and New England actually have young players that are getting better too, which does not bode well for the next 3-4 yrs. 

This sucks because the team is not young. Decker, Revis, Ivory, Marshall are basically in a win now mode 

that would be relevant if the team wasn't in the division with the greatest quarterback/cheater of all time. 

jets fans love to look at the jets and talk about what players the team could change to get better. We don't like to look around at the rest of the league. neither team last night can run with the Pats, so what are we talking about here? the right to go 9-7 and lose in the wild card? whoop dee doo. 

Our "good" players are old. Mo is still going to be a force for a while, but we will probably lose him to another team after this year. Our young players are all bums, Maulding, Smith, Williams, they all suck. Another wasted draft class to add to the collection.  

We are not going to be good for a while. 

that would be relevant if the team wasn't in the division with the greatest quarterback/cheater of all time. 

jets fans love to look at the jets and talk about what players the team could change to get better. We don't like to look around at the rest of the league. neither team last night can run with the Pats, so what are we talking about here? the right to go 9-7 and lose in the wild card? whoop dee doo. 

Get it right.  It is "Whoop-dee-damn-do"

Let's look at the situation. The Jets had 17 players on the injury report. The Bills had 5. The Jets lost their franchise kicker (yes they tagged him once upon a time) and didn't have faith in the new guy. Mangold looked like crap and Marshall was limping around like a retiree. 

The starting QB had an injury so severe that the team knew he'd get surgery after the game. 

2nd and ******* 5 dude.

I hear you Tom, and in the grand scheme your 100% right , but at 4-1 and taking it to the Pats at Foxborough they sucked me in again.. At my age I should know better but I never know better .

Stop it. A fumble in the second quarter is not a bigger play than calling a fade route to Kellen Davis with the game on the line at the end of the 4th.

You might want to take a look at that play. Had not Decker run the wrong route and interfered with Davis' path, Davis would have been standing in the EZ wide open to.catch the ball exactly where Fitz threw it.

Take a second look before blaming the wrong player

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Yes, I am.  Because we had 2nd & 3 at the 5 yard line, down 5 points.  You should take the lead 100 % of the time when that's the card you're dealt, and as late in the game as that was, win the game as well.

Yes, I am.  Because we had 2nd & 3 at the 5 yard line, down 5 points.  You should win the game 100 % of the time when that's the card you're dealt.

8 yards on first down you figure we got this- us Jet fans know sadly no we don't

8 yards on first down you figure we got this- us Jet fans know sadly no we don't

Have to give the Bills secondary credit on their tackling, much better than us. There wasn't much run after contact by anyone last night. Even on Ivorys run of 8 yards, I'm thinking Ivorys going 10 after he f*cking smashes these guys but the gang tackled even after being on the field a while. With Pryor out we aren't able to stop guys that have momentum, Shady had I think 5/6 runs for over 10 yards.

Stop it. A fumble in the second quarter is not a bigger play than calling a fade route to Kellen Davis with the game on the line at the end of the 4th.

it wasn't just a fumble it was a fumble ran in for a TD. it was the first TD of the game. And the Jets lost by 5. 

having time enough at the end of the game to maybe win doesn't really excuse the massive early mistake 

The most frustrating thing is after all that the Jets were actually the better team last night and found a way to lose

That's because they went against 'the book' which says never leave points on the field. The FG would have made it a two point game and the way the D had been playing I know the Jets would soon be lining up the GAME WINNING FG attempt. Bowles has got to get better at clock and game management quickly. I can't believe how bad he is at it. I thought Herm Edwards was the worst I ever saw, but Bowles tops him. Fitzpatrick outsmarted himself which is what happens to Jets QB's who think they are so smart they can change plays.

I disagree with you here. It gifted them 6 points. It seriously influenced everything that came after-- ESPECIALLY a botched fade route with the "game on the line." The bills scored 9 points in nine seconds off of that momentum changing fumble, then got the ball back at the half.

The fade route was AWFUL either way.

Fitz needs to work on his accuracy, with a number of overthrown balls last night.

Marshall needs to just catch the Damned ball!!!

and, personally, I feel they should put Kerley to more use. He's a good player & underutilized.

No way they should have lost yesterday! Mufded snap on the punt puts them at the 13 & come away with nothing!! Who the Hell was calling those plays!

Oh well. On to next week.

Archived