Defensive Snap Counts Last Night

CrazyCarl40

Of note: Milliner only saw time on specials. After his monster game last week, Mauldin only saw 8 plays. Davis, Harris, Revis, and Gilchrist never left the field. Miles got a ton of run.

Marcus Williams looked okay last night. He gave up a few passes for key first downs and he still can't tackle. So, he's kind of like Cro, just less toasty.

Demario Davis looked horrible last night.

Wilkerson made a ton of plays last night, but he also left a ton of plays out there.

I thought Richardson looked pretty pedestrian.

Miles played solidly for his first big NFL action, still need Pryor back desperately.

Tackling as a whole is a huge issue for this team. Huge.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/11/13/9728030/nyj-defensive-snap-counts-vs-buffalo-bills

The defense ran 65 plays last night, lets have a look at who played and how often.

Defensive Line

Muhammad Wilkerson - 62 (95%)

Leonard Williams - 58 (89%)

Sheldon Richardson - 58 (89%)

Damon Harrison - 52 (80%)

Leger Douzable - 9 (14%)

Stephen Bowen 8 (12%)

Linebackers

Demario Davis - 65 (100%)

David Harris - 65 (100%)

Calvin Pace - 35 (54%)

Lorenzo Mauldin - 8 (12%)

Quinton Coples - 7 (11%)

Cornerbacks

Darrelle Revis - 65 (100%)

Marcus Williams - 62 (95%)

Buster Skrine - 32 (49%)

Safeties

Marcus Gilchrist - 65 (100%)

Rontez Miles - 64 (98%)

Calvin Pace - 35 (54%)

Lorenzo Mauldin - 8 (12%)

I'd like to see this change. 

WTF is Bowles seeing? Did you see the replays of how Pace couldn't set the edge? He was taken out so easily & the RB would just run right inside of him. It was disgusting. These old f*ckers are just hung on for too long with these coaches. I wanted Pace to retire for gods sake after last year.

WTF is Bowles seeing? Did you see the replays of how Pace couldn't set the edge? He was taken out so easily & the RB would just run right inside of him. It was disgusting. These old f*ckers are just hung on for too long with these coaches. I wanted Pace to retire for gods sake after last year.

Coaches tend to like veterans because they're more dependable to play their gap assignments etc etc and all but Pace and Harris looked old and slow last night. I at least get Harris, as the heart and soul, leader, on field coach of the defense but Pace is just such a non-factor at this point in his career...at a position where explosion is really the premium/must goal, right? Also, I've LOVED Sheldon Richardson as a player and still do but last night, actually mostly since he's come back, he's played at just about JAG level thus far.  

Pace was beat all night he's old and slow why is he even on the field

Linebacker is why this defense isn't elite.

Demario Davis looks horrible 3 out of every 4 games.  Let's draft a real ILB who doesn't have lapses in coverage against RB.

Pace is old and can't turn in strong performance every week.  Coples is a bust and not a real LB anyway.

Just imagine Keuckly & Davis from the Panthers on this team with Pryor back, OMG.

Archived