Our QB is limited... Best we have, but limited...

aec4

the answer is probably not on this team, but the position should be reevaluated over the long week while fitz is rehabbing. Geno and petty should be getting reps because fitz was simply not good enough last night. Fitz probably still is the best option at this point but there needs to be some serious competition because the QB play needs to be improved 

And there we go, the same answer you would get from the 95% of the people that do not want to jetison Fitz to the moon.  We all know we have to QB, we certainly have no golden boy.  Qb play will not be seriously improved because we simply do not have any good enough QB's.  Fitz is not getting any better, Geno is not getting nay better in all likelihood.  Petty maybe.

Even though I don't like Geno as a Qb wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they put him as the starter.  Our success or lack of it this year depends on the rest of the team.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If not for the fumble 6 last night, the Jets almost definitely win that game. Even with it, if we had an OC with a quarter of a brain, we win that game. Fitz is not the long term answer, but you cannot evaluate with a team fighting for a playoff spot, when the players being evaluated have an incredibly high probability of being much worse. Unless Petty develops, which is not a high probability, the future QB of the Jets is not on the roster. 

that doesn't mean the jets should be content with their current situation. No job is safe for an NFL player and these guys need to start competing like it 

that doesn't mean the jets should be content with their current situation. No job is safe for an NFL player and these guys need to start competing like it 

None of us have any control over that whatsoever. For all we know every day is a competition for the QB position. You assume that Geno is better than Fitz, but the much more likely scenario is that everyone who is close to the situation who matters, HC, OC, GM, players, believe the best player on the roster is playing right now. Would be pretty hard for a HC to look his players in their eyes if this were not the case.

Watching Fitz try the pull this team back in it. 

The guy has balls though, I'll give him that much. Just watched him in the huddle just give Giaccomini a helmet smash after Fitz picked up 8 on a scramble. 

Its hard not like to like him personally. He's a good guy to have on your football team. 

He would be a excellent backup for MG..;)

None of us have any control over that whatsoever. For all we know every day is a competition for the QB position. You assume that Geno is better than Fitz, but the much more likely scenario is that everyone who is close to the situation who matters, HC, OC, GM, players, believe the best player on the roster is playing right now. Would be pretty hard for a HC to look his players in their eyes if this were not the case.

I don't know that geno is better than fitz, but the QB play needs to improve or that door will continue to stay open. Fitz was handed this team with a perfect opportunity but has not shown enough to be unquestioned

I don't know that geno is better than fitz, but the QB play needs to improve or that door will continue to stay open. Fitz was handed this team with a perfect opportunity but has not shown enough to be unquestioned

I got news for you, the QB play is not going to improve until we get a better QB on the roster. Its not really rocket science, I mean, even being a mail room employee, I can see that.

I am, with the help of gamepass. :-)

Then again, we have QB's who shouldnt see the field that play every week, so maybe someone needs to see what I see. 

I am not a huge anti-Glennon fan.  There is a chance he will be okay, though I find his neck offensive.  The one thing about him that you tend to ignore is that he takes a sh*tload of sacks.  I understand their line is not great, but isn't some of that from holding the ball to long?  I admit that I never really bothered to watch him much because, quite frankly, long necked freaks don't interest me.

I got news for you, the QB play is not going to improve until we get a better QB on the roster. Its not really rocket science, I mean, even being a mail room employee, I can see that.

you're likely correct but that doesn't mean there should be no competition. Maybe if I was afraid of the idea of geno/petty but I'm not. I want these guys fighting like their job depends on it

I am not a huge anti-Glennon fan.  There is a chance he will be okay, though I find his neck offensive.  The one thing about him that you tend to ignore is that he takes a sh*tload of sacks.  I understand their line is not great, but isn't some of that from holding the ball to long?  I admit that I never really bothered to watch him much because, quite frankly, long necked freaks don't interest me.

Not as many as Kenny.. Hey that rhymes..:P

you're likely correct but that doesn't mean there should be no competition. Maybe if I was afraid of the idea of geno/petty but I'm not. I want these guys fighting like their job depends on it

Who is saying there shouldn't be, or there isn't an ongoing competition? You keep harping on this but not one place have I ever read anyone say Fitz is locked in as starter and Geno is locked in on the bench. If you can find something that suggest this, I will understand your point, but I am really struggling. Seems more like you are having a temper tantrum becasue we dont have any good QB's on our roster and you are pissed.

That is one weird ass neck. He could never be a business man. Could you imagine that neck in a tie? lol. 

He did take ALOT of sacks, but he avoid even more for a guy considered "immobile". Watching those Bucs games there were times that I really felt that his health was in danger...seriously. I seen Glennon take some epic hits man, and all he did was get back up go in the huddle and call the next play. Im talking about the guy is ice cold in that regard. He wasnt bitching or anything. He got up and was focused on the upcoming play. 

That Bucs O-line was the absolute worst, and thats coming from a guy who's had to watch the Jets O-line the past few years. Yet what I've seen him do with that line and no run game....I was overly impressed. 

Dude, im not saying that Glennon never made a mistake holding on to the ball, but it wasnt often. He was known as "mr. checkdown" by bucs fans, especially on 3rd down. What they didnt understand is that the man had no help on that line...anywhere. 

That neck is Guinness bound though lol. 

Its hilarious how quickly the fans soured on a 3rd year QB who isnt even 25 years old yet, still learning the NFL but will make every excuse in the world for a journeyman super  veteran who hasnt played much better. But its totally about skill...

Since its a slow day here in the mail room, I figured I would look for some stats to back up Mr. Cant Wait's claims about Fitz being the worst QB in the league not named Kirk.

Here is what I found:

Yards thrown for: 15th place

Attempts per game: 27th place, so 15th in yards thrown, 27th in pass attempts

TD: 10th place, again being 27th in pass attempts

Int's: He is tied for 6th place with 3 others, when 1st place is the worst, with the MVP Cam Newton, and is better than P Manning, A Luck, M Stafford, Bortles, Bradford

While stats are not everything, not by a long shot, the stats dont even come close to supporting Mr. Cant Wait's claims.

I think Geno starts the rest of the season. Fitz is the anti-Geno, and I've enjoyed watching him play, but I think going with the knuckle-head, Geno, is the smarter play. Fitz is banged up, getting a surgery, and has an already limited skillset. Use him as the backup. Geno will lose more games than he wins, but we ditch him in the off season with a higher draft pick and get a qb or pass rusher in the draft.

you know why.

Its hilarious how quickly the fans soured on a 3rd year QB who isnt even 25 years old yet, still learning the NFL but will make every excuse in the world for a journeyman super  veteran who hasnt played much better. But its totally about skill...

geeze, I wonder where this is going....

Since its a slow day here in the mail room, I figured I would look for some stats to back up Mr. Cant Wait's claims about Fitz being the worst QB in the league not named Kirk.

Here is what I found:

Yards thrown for: 15th place

Attempts per game: 27th place, so 15th in yards thrown, 27th in pass attempts

TD: 10th place, again being 27th in pass attempts

Int's: He is tied for 6th place with 3 others, when 1st place is the worst, with the MVP Cam Newton, and is better than P Manning, A Luck, M Stafford, Bortles, Bradford

While stats are not everything, not by a long shot, the stats dont even come close to supporting Mr. Cant Wait's claims.

these stats are meaningless but good effort

Archived