Rex Ryan is a complete loser

BowlesMovement

I am down on Bowles right now, but this is not about Bowles, its about Rex, who many Jets fans still seem to have a weird love affair with.

Lets not forget a few things:

Bills were 9-7 last year, and DESTROYED REX's Jets TWICE last year

Jets made personnel improvements, but so did the Bills.

The Jets were a very injured team last night

The Jets committed 3 turnovers including a fumble for 6, failed on multiple 4th down conversions.

All that being said, Rex barely escaped, only because of even more incompetent offensive coaching by the Jets last night.

THEN, the moron is jumping up and down on the sidelines, screaming, beating his chest,  like he won the Super Bowl, this after going into a shell and having his vaunted defense nearly give away the game.

If I was a Bills fan, I would have been appalled by that last night. Those celebrations are for Championships, division, conference, super bowl, not for getting to 5-4 with a very talented team.

So while the Rex worshipers want to beat their chest about how good he is, I am even happier this morning that the loser is no longer our coach. He may get to the playoffs this year, but he is a loser, once a loser, always a loser. He will ultimately destroy the Bills franchise like he destroyed ours.

Hopefully Bowles learns some lessons, as he has been very suspect himself, but he halfway through his first year in the league, Wrecks is in his 7th. So glad that moron is gone! Enjoy him Buffalo.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex outcoached Bowles, rex is a good coach.  he has taken far too much heat from jet fans especially when it wasn't his choice to leave.  we didn't have a rex problem the past few years it was a personnel problem.  he has playoff talent again for the first time since 2011 and if the season ended today he'd have Buf back in the playoffs for the first time since 1999.  Tom Brady was still in college in 1999, Tyrod Taylor was 10 years old, Sammy Watkins was 6 years old, Darrelle Revis wasn't even in high school yet.

From a distance, its easier to see how Rex antics can hurt a franchise.  But the guy can coach.  People who deny that confuse me.

I'm glad he's gone.  I think in the long run, Bowles approach is better for the franchise...but the verdict is out if he's a better coach than Rex Ryan.

Rex outcoached Bowles, rex is a good coach.  he has taken far too much heat from jet fans especially when it wasn't his choice to leave.  we didn't have a rex problem the past few years it was a personnel problem.  he has playoff talent again for the first time since 2011 and if the season ended today he'd have Buf back in the playoffs for the first time since 1999.  Tom Brady was still in college in 1999, Tyrod Taylor was 10 years old, Sammy Watkins was 6 years old, Darrelle Revis wasn't even in high school yet.

Please explain how Rex out coached Bowles, cause I did not see it. Both coaches were awful.

Please explain how Rex out coached Bowles, cause I did not see it. Both coaches were awful.

watching last nights display and bragging about Rex  supposedly out coaching Bowles is like bragging that Rosie oddonnel is hotter than Rosseane Barr.....but if it makes these guys happy I guess let them have thier moment 

rex got us to two afc championships-most long time jet fans suffered for decades and he brought us hope and the most success since superbowl three

he is a clown and can be an embarrassment but in the end he is a good coach-his team beat ours last night so I would be thrilled if I was him too-getting a bit of revenge on the team that kicked you to the curb

if Rex had this defense and this offense -this team would be a  playoff team-he has shown with talent his teams win-when the were bad under rex especially at the end he had garbage players-

Rex is on the bills so I root for him to fail but I think it is comical that guys like our current coach and say he is better when he has won nothing as a head coach yet

Listen, The players made mistakes last night. Deckers drops, Devin Smith's fumble etc. All those things are what lost the game. The glaring things I saw were rex continuing to misuse the challenge flag and time outs. That was about to seriously bite his team in the balls if we made good on that TD from inside the 10 yd line.

I've been a major rex supporter the whole time and still believe him to be a competent defensive mind, but the guy is in large part governed by emotion. That's not the way to win and even though he comes out on top sometimes, he puts his team in a hole a lot and we watched it last night. 

Bowles seems to be different, but the jury is still out. I wonder if Folk was playing if he would have taken the points last night. If not then Bowles still needs to learn to slow down and not panic early in the 4th. we were 5 down. 6 points beats that whether from a TD or two FG's. 

From a distance, its easier to see how Rex antics can hurt a franchise.  But the guy can coach.  People who deny that confuse me.

I'm glad he's gone.  I think in the long run, Bowles approach is better for the franchise...but the verdict is out if he's a better coach than Rex Ryan.

define "can coach" plz

Rex Ryan, spiking his hat, dropping 7 F-Bombs, and celebrating last night's victory like it was the Super Bowl tells me everything I need to know about him. Not that I didn't know before, but it's week 10 and you're barely above .500.

Could you imagine if Rex won a Super Bowl the celebration? He might sacrifice a live goat.

Seriously.  How is anyone calling this a well coached or good game by the Bills?  The Jets fell behind significantly, and then, were they to make any one of 3-4 key plays, they win.  Both sides were horrible, the game came down to an Eric Decker drop, a fumble on a kick return for a TD, and two poorly designed 4th down plays.  Any single one of those plays work out different, and the Jets win.  That is not the mark of a well coached winner.  That's the mark of sucking slightly less.

As the OP states, the Bills beat us up pretty solidly, twice last year... This years Rex-led Bills did far less than last years Bills did to the Rex-led Jets.

Rex Ryan, spiking his hat, dropping 7 F-Bombs, and celebrating last night's victory like it was the Super Bowl tells me everything I need to know about him. Not that I didn't know before, but it's week 10 and you're barely above .500.

Could you imagine if Rex won a Super Bowl the celebration? He might sacrifice a live goat.

LOL   That actually made me laugh. 

The live goat line. very funny. Thanks. It's good to laugh before you board a plane. :D

Rex is a clown he got lucky last night.

I'm on vacation this week , I've had more time to process this than usual I would be up and out of the house by 6......losing to Rex doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would ....I'm more pissed that we should be 6-3 with another division win and another AFC win. Rex nonsense aside it was a brutal big picture loss and huge blown opportunity as far as our season goes .

I just checked. He definitely did win.

The bolded part is the most relevant in any discussion about Rex Ryan.  Did the Bills win?  Nope Rex won.  Just as Cowher berated Rex before the game last night for his antics, it's not all about Rex but he makes it all about Rex.

I am down on Bowles right now, but this is not about Bowles, its about Rex, who many Jets fans still seem to have a weird love affair with.

Lets not forget a few things:

Bills were 9-7 last year, and DESTROYED REX's Jets TWICE last year

Jets made personnel improvements, but so did the Bills.

The Jets were a very injured team last night

The Jets committed 3 turnovers including a fumble for 6, failed on multiple 4th down conversions.

All that being said, Rex barely escaped, only because of even more incompetent offensive coaching by the Jets last night.

THEN, the moron is jumping up and down on the sidelines, screaming, beating his chest,  like he won the Super Bowl, this after going into a shell and having his vaunted defense nearly give away the game.

If I was a Bills fan, I would have been appalled by that last night. Those celebrations are for Championships, division, conference, super bowl, not for getting to 5-4 with a very talented team.

So while the Rex worshipers want to beat their chest about how good he is, I am even happier this morning that the loser is no longer our coach. He may get to the playoffs this year, but he is a loser, once a loser, always a loser. He will ultimately destroy the Bills franchise like he destroyed ours.

Hopefully Bowles learns some lessons, as he has been very suspect himself, but he halfway through his first year in the league, Wrecks is in his 7th. So glad that moron is gone! Enjoy him Buffalo.

When you win, you get to celebrate.  The losing team may not like it, and it may come back to burn them in the future, but they won and it's their right to celebrate anyway they wish.  If the Jets don't like it, go kick their ass next time.

rex out coached bowles?  Yes, because I'm sure the game plan was designed for smith to fumble the ball for a TD, great coaching job by Rex!

the difference in the game was turnovers, not coaching.  Any idiot can see that (most idiots I should say, apparently). 

One less turnover of the 4, and the jets win...just that 1 on the kick off is the difference between today's reports saying bowles out coached rex...and coaching had nothing to do with that play if fans were honest with themselves.

one mistake by a rookie is leading to praise for Rex and tomato throwing at bowles...and to think some fans can't see the difference in the game was mistakes made by the players on the field wearing green and had nothing to do with coaching.  Hold onto the ball for that one play...and we win, the game was that close...Ivory doesn't fumble, we get at least 3 points there instead of 3 points the other way...and we win.  Fitz doesn't throw that first INT that gave them 3 and took 3 off our scoreboard...and we win.

the players lost yesterday.  

it's week 10 and he has his team in playoff position, a place Buffalo hasn't been to since 1999.  he was the scapegoat here and he has every right to celebrate that win. it was a big win for him and his franchise.

it's week 10 and he has his team in playoff position, a place Buffalo hasn't been to since 1999.  he was the scapegoat here and he has every right to celebrate that win. it was a big win for him and his franchise.

agreed.  A divisional win on the road is worth celebrating...they are now the #1 wild card team...

rex out coached bowles?  Yes, because I'm sure the game plan was designed for smith to fumble the ball for a TD, great coaching job by Rex!

the difference in the game was turnovers, not coaching.  Any idiot can see that (most idiots I should say, apparently). 

One less turnover of the 4, and the jets win...just that 1 on the kick off is the difference between today's reports saying bowles out coached rex...and coaching had nothing to do with that play if fans were honest with themselves.

one mistake by a rookie is leading to praise for Rex and tomato throwing at bowles...and to think some fans can't see the difference in the game was mistakes made by the players on the field wearing green and had nothing to do with coaching.  Hold onto the ball for that one play...and we win, the game was that close...Ivory doesn't fumble, we get at least 3 points there instead of 3 points the other way...and we win.  Fitz doesn't throw that first INT that gave them 3 and took 3 off our scoreboard...and we win.

the players lost yesterday.  

all TOs are excused?  coaching plays no role? but if you commit a lot of penalties it's all on the coach, right? at least if that coach is Rex.

If rex was still our coach would you say the players lost?

When you win, you get to celebrate.  The losing team may not like it, and it may come back to burn them in the future, but they won and it's their right to celebrate anyway they wish.  If the Jets don't like it, go kick their ass next time.

I could care less that he celebrated, in fact, I thought it was funny. Yeah, he can celebrate all he wants, I just never saw a HC celebrate a regular season win to break .500 like that before, it was a celebration that I have seen SB winning HC's not do as much. Have you ever seen a good HC celebrate like that for a regular season win? I don't recall ever seeing that before.

all TOs are excused?  coaching plays no role? but if you commit a lot of penalties it's all on the coach, right? at least if that coach is Rex.

If rex was still our coach would you say the players lost?

how did Rex or bowles impact Ivory and smith fumbling?

Seriously.  How is anyone calling this a well coached or good game by the Bills?  The Jets fell behind significantly, and then, were they to make any one of 3-4 key plays, they win.  Both sides were horrible, the game came down to an Eric Decker drop, a fumble on a kick return for a TD, and two poorly designed 4th down plays.  Any single one of those plays work out different, and the Jets win.  That is not the mark of a well coached winner.  That's the mark of sucking slightly less.

As the OP states, the Bills beat us up pretty solidly, twice last year... This years Rex-led Bills did far less than last years Bills did to the Rex-led Jets.

You can't compare last years Jet team to this years Jet team with all the new additions last years team was devoid of talent especially at QB and the secondary..

Listen, The players made mistakes last night. Deckers drops, Devin Smith's fumble etc. All those things are what lost the game. The glaring things I saw were rex continuing to misuse the challenge flag and time outs. That was about to seriously bite his team in the balls if we made good on that TD from inside the 10 yd line.

I've been a major rex supporter the whole time and still believe him to be a competent defensive mind, but the guy is in large part governed by emotion. That's not the way to win and even though he comes out on top sometimes, he puts his team in a hole a lot and we watched it last night. 

Bowles seems to be different, but the jury is still out. I wonder if Folk was playing if he would have taken the points last night. If not then Bowles still needs to learn to slow down and not panic early in the 4th. we were 5 down. 6 points beats that whether from a TD or two FG's. 

plenty of coaches won that were emotional guys-I can rattle of a dozen guys with rings that were governed by emotion

He didn't though.

Last night was about players executing. Both coaches actually served as detriments to their teams. 

The Bills won because, to their credit, they made plays when turnovers where there for the taking. The Jets lost because they committed the age-old sin of not protecting the football. Pretty simple really. That's not about "out-coaching", that just the basics of individual effort.

The Jets failed to execute, but so did the Bills. There was a lot of ugly football last night. The Jets defense was hands-down the best unit on the field last night, on both sides.

The outcome was determined by attrition. Rex wasted timeouts, wasted challenges, forfeited momentum, and went conservative WAY too early in the 2nd half. Rex's defense played on its heels, but the Jets offense didn't capitalize. Bowles, once again, had problems with situational football, made aggressive decisions (which I was cool with) but didn't insist on aggressive playcalls (what's the point of a route behind the line of scrimmage on 4th and 2 inside the 5 yard line?), left points on the field, used his timeouts poorly. 

so the opposing team had nothing to do w/ those fumbles? it just magically fell out of the hands of our players? 

This doesn't answer the question of "how did Rex or Bowles impact the fumbling?"

It's important that we understand and recognize the sphere of influence a coach actually has... at some point, players and execution has to be part of the conversation.

By this standard, Buffalo was in the playoff hunt last year.

In fact, they were 5-5 in week 10 of last year - and fresh off of completely annihilating Rex's Jets in week 8.

He didn't though.

Last night was about players executing. Both coaches actually served as detriments to their teams. 

The Bills won because, to their credit, they made plays when turnovers where there for the taking. The Jets lost because they committed the age-old sin of not protecting the football. Pretty simple really. That's not about "out-coaching", that just the basics of individual effort.

The Jets failed to execute, but so did the Bills. There was a lot of ugly football last night. The Jets defense was hands-down the best unit on the field last night, on both sides.

The outcome was determined by attrition. Rex wasted timeouts, wasted challenges, forfeited momentum, and went conservative WAY too early in the 2nd half. Rex's defense played on its heels, but the Jets offense didn't capitalize. Bowles, once again, had problems with situational football, made aggressive decisions (which I was cool with) but didn't insist on aggressive playcalls (what's the point of a route behind the line of scrimmage on 4th and 2 inside the 5 yard line?), left points on the field, used his timeouts poorly. 

Rex's QB wasted those timeouts though, rex didn't call them.  he wasted one challenge when it appeared Decker was short.

the biggest decisions were on Bowels w/ going for it, that and poor use of TOs on Buf's last drive killed our chances.

it always ultimately comes down to players executing.

Archived