Rex Ryan is a complete loser

BowlesMovement

the jets do not have one of the most talented rosters in the league imo, did they upgrade huge from last year ? Yes....one of the most talented rosters in the NFL ? Absolutely no.

we have a very talented roster, top 10 at the least.  this is a roster that should make the playoffs.  Let's see it happen.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have a very talented roster, top 10 at the least.  this is a roster that should make the playoffs.  Let's see it happen.

I'll agree it's a potential playoff roster...imo 8 -10 wins should've been the expectation , which we will get to.

in 2012 we were still in the playoff race in December despite losing Revis and Holmes in September, despite not having a healthy Keller all year, w/ the main weapons on O being Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill(rookie), Clyde Gates, etc...

In 2013 we were in the race almost until the end w/ not much more talent and a rookie QB who was not ready to play. 2 amazing coaching jobs.  Bowles has one of the most talented rosters in the league right now, this should be a playoff team. 

My response has nothing to do with the subjective argument of how talented this roster is relative to the other teams in the league this year.

You applauded Rex for making the 2012 / 2013 teams "competitive". I wanted to confirm that your metric for success was being perceived as competitive, despite a losing record, because I'll inevitably be curious to see if you measure Bowles by the same standard.

Based on this response, and the "should be a playoff team" logic, you're already setting up a precedent that Bowles cannot be applauded for a "competitive" season if he does anything short of making the playoffs. My summation of all of this is that you evaluation criteria is biased.

So, there, another purely football response to you. Now, since you won't have a good counter, feel free to take a personal shot at me, then whimper that I "bashed" you. 

My response has nothing to do with the subjective argument of how talented this roster is relative to the other teams in the league this year.

You applauded Rex for making the 2012 / 2013 teams "competitive". I wanted to confirm that your metric for success was being perceived as competitive, despite a losing record, because I'll inevitably be curious to see if you measure Bowles by the same standard.

Based on this response, and the "should be a playoff team" logic, you're already setting up a precedent that Bowles cannot be applauded for a "competitive" season if he does anything short of making the playoffs. My summation of all of this is that you evaluation criteria is biased.

So, there, another purely football response to you. Now, since you won't have a good counter, feel free to take a personal shot at me, then whimper that I "bashed" you. 

those teams were putrid in terms of talent, we should have won 4 games total in those 2 years and we won 14.

I like Bowles so far, I think we should be a playoff contender at worst and we will be that.  the funny thing is in 3-4 years when we change coaches again folks like you will bash him and tell us how much he sucked just. 

there you go, have nothing and come after me.  when will you ever just stick to discussing football?

those teams were putrid in terms of talent, we should have won 4 games total in those 2 years and we won 14.

I like Bowles so far, I think we should be a playoff contender at worst and we will be that.  the funny thing is in 3-4 years when we change coaches again folks like you will bash him and tell us how much he sucked just. 

there you go, have nothing and come after me.  when will you ever just stick to discussing football?

I have heard so many Rex supporters use this argument, and its really silly. The talent on the Oline and the Dline alone in those years made the Jets more talented than Rex lovers want to admit. To win 4 games over a 2 year span is historically bad, atrocious, that team was not that bad talent wise, it just was not. In 2013, the Jets got a few lucky bounces and won more games than they should have, and the season points for/against showed that. Giving Rex some type of credit for 13 and 14 is just wrong. He even said before both of those seasons, this is exactly the type of team I always wanted to be able to coach, in terms of the way it was constructed. I don't blame him for the 14 roster, but I certainly blame him for the 13 roster, he was a much bigger part of that roster than anyone else in the building.

The bold is entirely subjective and ignores so much basic logic its actually amazing.

What if we win 9 games, but because of math don't make the playoffs? Will that be considered a "competitive" season, one that you applaud, or is anything Bowles does a failure if he doesn't get into the playoffs? I don't know how you fail to see the holes in your logic, which is why I'm asking.

"Folks like you will bash him" is hyperbole and completely unrelated to the questions I asked, or the conversation I tried to have with you. Like usual, you run from the actual debate topic like a coward, and divert immediately to jibberish like this. It just makes it infinitely more ironic that you have the audacity of once again say I'm not sticking to football.

2013 'putrid' jets roster.

Geno

Ivory and powell

Cumberland

Kerley, holmes

Colon, Dbrick, mangold, winters, howard

Douzable, snacks, wilkerson, richardson

Coples, Davis, Pace, Harris

Cromartie, Landry, milliner, Walls

Folk

Damn near the same team except for some upgrades in the secondary and at WR.

I have heard so many Rex supporters use this argument, and its really silly. The talent on the Oline and the Dline alone in those years made the Jets more talented than Rex lovers want to admit. To win 4 games over a 2 year span is historically bad, atrocious, that team was not that bad talent wise, it just was not. In 2013, the Jets got a few lucky bounces and won more games than they should have, and the season points for/against showed that. Giving Rex some type of credit for 13 and 14 is just wrong. He even said before both of those seasons, this is exactly the type of team I always wanted to be able to coach, in terms of the way it was constructed. I don't blame him for the 14 roster, but I certainly blame him for the 13 roster, he was a much bigger part of that roster than anyone else in the building.

the talent on the OL the last 3-4-5 years has not been very good.  the last time our OL was really good was 2009, in 2010 it was good.  after that it was mediocre at best.

w/ a mediocre  OL and almost literally no weapons to throw to and mediocre runners who were we supposed to score?

don't listen to what he says in a press conference before a season.  he's a motivator, is he supposed to tell his team he thinks they suck?

Geno

Ivory and powell

Cumberland

Kerley, holmes

Folk

you think our current team is the same? seriously?

Geno was a rookie and not ready to play

Ivory was a part time back

Holmes was off a major injury and not the same

Cumberland is mediocre at best

DL was very good

Coples isn't a LB, davis was starting for the 1st time

Cro was awful, injured.  Milliner was going to be an extra DB this year, walls was a project

the teams aren't remotely close other than at DL.

Kerley didn't see the field this year until after multiple injuries.

Geno

Ivory and powell

Cumberland

Kerley, holmes

Folk

Good one.  Keep smoking that la la la.

Good one.  Keep smoking that la la la.

He said 'putrid roster' with Mangold and Dbrick two years younger, All pro Dline, same linebackers only younger.  close to the same Qb situation, as if we didn't gave one.  Or course with Rex if your secondary does not include pro bowler or hofers they are weak.  Take a look at the truly putrid rosters around this league and then give the coach a pat on the ass.  A lot of the main parts of the team were the same, suspect Wr's yes, none all pro corners?  Yeah.  Good coaches are supposed to get the best out of what they are given.

The Cult of Rex on here wants to give him all the credit for any success and none of the blame for any fails.

Oh no a rookie QB?  Oh we had an equally crap one in sanchez and got results though right? 

He said 'putrid roster' with Mangold and Dbrick two years younger, All pro Dline, same linebackers only younger.  close to the same Qb situation, as if we didn't gave one.  Or course with Rex if your secondary does not include pro bowler or hofers they are weak.  Take a look at the truly putrid rosters around this league and then give the coach a pat on the ass.  A lot of the main parts of the team were the same, suspect Wr's yes, none all pro corners?  Yeah.  Good coaches are supposed to get the best out of what they are given.

The Cult of Rex on here wants to give him all the credit for any success and none of the blame for any fails.

Oh no a rookie QB?  Oh we had an equally crap one in sanchez and got results though right? 

When Rex won with a rookie QB, it was because Rex.

When he lost with a rookie QB, it was because rookie QB.

You just aren't fanning the right way. Obviously. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived