Appropriate response from Geno, or no?

AFJF

No real reason for Geno to be getting interview requests postgame when he didn't play.  For once I agree with his behavior there.  The shelf life of the IK stuff expired as soon as the game reached kickoff. 

Though I guess walking back over to the reporter to call him a d*ckhead, as opposed to maybe saying it under your breath, was the part that was dumb there.  Reporter was definitely a d*ckhead though, straight up.  So technically he said nothing wrong, lol.

I think Geno is right here. 

3 things at play, one he probably knows the press is looking for a juicy QB controversy tidbit, two he probably knows the media is looking for a juicy IK/Rex tidbit, and three he's as pissed as everyone else in the locker room that we gift-wrapped a win in OUR HOUSE for Rex.

If this is the context, then I'd have his back. Whether he could have been smarter or not. It's a cuss word... life goes on.

Say "No Thanks" and move on. Or no comment. When you're under the microscope and most people think you're immature to begin with, that's the the look you should be going for.

Agreed, no problem with him not falling into the 'trap' set by certain reporters but it serves you better if you do it without getting a nice manitch twitter piece.

Maybe people who hold microscopes should get a life. 

I have no problem with what Geno did. 

Sorry but to me this is just one more proof that Geno is a knucklehead both on and off the field.  Anyone with half a brain would handle that better.  Did he really think noone was going to ask him for a post game interview?  If so he is an idiot, if not then he should have been better prepared.

No real reason for Geno to be getting interview requests postgame when he didn't play.  For once I agree with his behavior there.  The shelf life of the IK stuff expired as soon as the game reached kickoff. 

Though I guess walking back over to the reporter to call him a d*ckhead, as opposed to maybe saying it under your breath, was the part that was dumb there.  Reporter was definitely a d*ckhead though, straight up.  So technically he said nothing wrong, lol.

Geno is simply greasing the skids for what he knows will come after the season is over. A pink slip and a taxi ride out of town. Good riddance fool.

I think Geno is right here. 

3 things at play, one he probably knows the press is looking for a juicy QB controversy tidbit, two he probably knows the media is looking for a juicy IK/Rex tidbit, and three he's as pissed as everyone else in the locker room that we gift-wrapped a win in OUR HOUSE for Rex.

If this is the context, then I'd have his back. Whether he could have been smarter or not. It's a cuss word... life goes on.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

When team A turns the ball over 4 times, and team B doesn't turn it over at all, and team B just sneaks by with a win in spite of the advantage gained by the turnovers... it's pretty common to refer to it as "gift wrapping".

When team A turns the ball over 4 times, and team B doesn't turn it over at all, and team B just sneaks by with a win in spite of the advantage gained by the turnovers... it's pretty common to refer to it as "gift wrapping".

Team A's defense took the ball away.  Team B's defense didn't (and Team A did have a turnover).  That's not gift wrapping.  It's called beating your opponent.  Team B is lucky that Team A didn't take it away more.

You were never going to give the Bills any credit if they won.  You were always going to make excuses for why Rex's team won.  But then again, you were the same guy who said the Jets were going to drop 30.  

Oh, and Todd Bowles' defense has 0 turnovers forced against teams that are .500 or above.

The Bills are 5-1 with their starting QB, WR, and RB, by the way.

Team A's defense took the ball away.  Team B's defense didn't (and Team A did have a turnover).  That's not gift wrapping.  It's called beating your opponent.  Team B is lucky that Team A didn't take it away more.

You were never going to give the Bills any credit if they won.  You were always going to make excuses for why Rex's team won.  But then again, you were the same guy who said the Jets were going to drop 30.  

Oh, and Todd Bowles' defense has 0 turnovers forced against teams that are .500 or above.

When you fail to execute to the tune of hitting receivers in the hands and having them drop it, or having wide open receivers and throwing it in the dirt, even when you had a clean pocket, that's not the "other team's defense", that's failure to execute.

When you put the ball on the ground and were barely touched (Devin), it's on you. When you get both hands on a pass, and send it into a tip drill that hits a defender in stride, it's on you. Those are give-aways, not take-aways. I said elsewhere that the Bills get credit for stripping Ivory.

We gift-wrapped this game. They didn't do anything other than run out of time before they handed it right back to us.

If you want to have a conniption over my word choice, go head, but it's hardly a case of me "telling myself" something other than what happened. To even imply such a thing is illogical. It's far easier to take the "they outplayed us" angle, than it is to take the "we couldn't do anything right" angle. Most people don't want to admit that last night was a scary "could this be 5 more years of SOJ" moment.

we gift wrapped that game in classic soj fashion, Rex can have his moment , fine , and boast in the postgame, fine....I'm over it, but his team collapsed , his offense and defense folded , and we blew it somehow .

Doubt it, no denial.  

smith is immature.  Period

I agree he's immature, but after a sh*tty loss and you're already mad that you're a backup qb, and some a**hole who wants to ask you about IK enemkpali comes up to you to talk about a personal issue. Damn right that reporter's a dickhead, they just get a pass. Whether it happened or not, who cares. Do we have to pretend those reporters weren't just about to antagonize him? 

I agree he's immature, but after a sh*tty loss and you're already mad that you're a backup qb, and some a$$hole who wants to ask you about IK enemkpali comes up to you to talk about a personal issue. Damn right that reporter's a dickhead, they just get a pass. Whether it happened or not, who cares. Do we have to pretend those reporters weren't just about to antagonize him? 

No doubt the reporter is trolling.  smith being immature gave him exactly what he wanted.  A story about how immature smith is.

Win,win for the reporter, lose lose for smith

Archived