Do we still have a chance?

Smo0v3mik3

what are our playoff chances after last nights loss? 

We're now fighting with Oakland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo for a wildcard... rather than just the first 2, and ending the Bills season in week 10.

This is going to be one of those years where we could win 10 games and not get in, because we're losing the tie-breakers.

Serious question: what is the value of getting the 2nd wild card, going out to Denver and getting trounced? The 22nd pick in the draft? 

I'm only interested in two outcomes to any season: at least 1 home playoff game or a chance at a franchise QB (finally) in the next draft. Anything in between is a complete failure, dooming us to a perpetual state of mediocrity. I consider 2015 a lost season, and probably 2016 as well. Only hope I have is that Petty can become something. But even that is unlikely.

Serious question: what is the value of getting the 2nd wild card, going out to Denver and getting trounced? The 22nd pick in the draft? 

I'm only interested in two outcomes to any season: at least 1 home playoff game or a chance at a franchise QB (finally) in the next draft. Anything in between is a complete failure, dooming us to a perpetual state of mediocrity. I consider 2015 a lost season, and probably 2016 as well. Only hope I have is that Petty can become something. But even that is unlikely.

Because occasionally some teams catch playoff lightning in a bottle such as we did twice.

We had a legitimate shot especially against the Steelers I thought to parlay a wildcard into a Superbowl berth.

Actually Pitts Conference record is 2-4, but that's where it gets dicey since they beat Oakland and we lost to them since when that happens I believe it reverts to confernce record and Pitts is pretty bad. In any event it comes down to a combo of strength of schedule and how well you play in that schedule. Us for example have been going through the soft part of our schedule, but we only took advantage of the JAX game. The Raiders were better than advertised and the Bills we had out chances but also were not as healthy as they were. Now we still have in the next 4 games Texans, Fins, and Titans that we have a chance to take advantage of while others like Bills, Oakland and Pitt have teams with tough records to beat like Bills(at NE, at KC, at Philly), Pitt(At Seahawks, At Cincy, Home Denver), and Oakland(Home Minn, Home KC, At Denver, Home GB) etc. Looking at those teams next 4-5 games compared to Jets you have to try and get healthy i.e get RB Powel sp?, Safety Prior, and perhaps WR Ewanu, and if you can win those games maybe make up some ground on the other teams. It comes down to that. If you can't then we again as another poster said are working on the growth of a new coach Bowles and GM and seeing if we can improve the roster along with bridging the QB timeline between Fitz and Petty. Unless this team wants to get another QB via the draft or look into trades for someone like Stafford or Kap though either is no sure thing here Stafford from a dome and Kap from the West coast both struggling at this point. Not sure, but we'll at least have to hope Mac and Bowles get good enough to be mainstays so we don't have to keep starting over since that is what always prevents us from getting the sustained success we covet.   

the last time Fitzpatrick beat a team over .500? 2011

Well, that "streak" will have to last a bit longer ... we've got three teams on our slate that have winning records as of now; debatable whether the Gints will still have a winning record when we play them in 3 weeks. After that it's Week 16 for the Patsie rematch, and Week 17 for the Bills rematch (again, they may not have a winning record by then).

We have no chance to do anything this year. This team isnt built to win now. It should be fun to watch those cheating assholes in new england hoist another trophy whilst we embark upon year 48 of winning tumbleweed.

Belushi and Carey. You gotta love em. Well actually it is over for them. Belushi as far as life goes and Carey as far as his career goes. LOL. After last night, which myself and wife along with many other passionate Jet fans were utterly disgusted possibly more so than in a while, I like others just have to realize that this is entertainment for us and is supposed to be enjoyable. Didn't feel enjoyable again at the end, but keeping life in perspective we all have families, friends, jobs, etc. that are more important than our Jets being better than they are. Sure, we all very much want them to get better and we can monitor the hopeful progress they can make from now going forward. Like Bowles said today, they don't even want to think about the playoffs at this point. Translation: Lets get healthy and get better each week and go from there. 

Because occasionally some teams catch playoff lightning in a bottle such as we did twice.

We had a legitimate shot especially against the Steelers I thought to parlay a wildcard into a Superbowl berth.

You think that's realistic? We can't beat Buffalo at home and we're going to win road playoff games?

We have no chance to do anything this year. This team isnt built to win now. It should be fun to watch those cheating assholes in new england hoist another trophy whilst we embark upon year 48 of winning tumbleweed.

On the contrary. This roster is good enough to win now. We just happen to be missing the most important piece: a QB.

In my fragile, depressed, post-loss state, I'm not quite sure how to take this.

Okay, I've decided. I'm insulted.

:P<_<:unsure::(:angry:

I couldn't decide on what emotion to express.

LOL.  No.  I liked the succinct quality of your post. That gif was me trying to figure out the next move.  Obviously, it did not come across.

On the contrary. This roster is good enough to win now. We just happen to be missing the most important piece: a QB.

I'm almost--ALMOST--at the point where I say throw Geno out there, because it's not like this team is good enough with Fitz, or that he's gonna magically get better.

The way I see it, there are two possible outcomes with throwing Geno out there:

1. He improves and either brings us to the playoffs, or at least gives us a modicum of hope for his future with us.

2. He blows chunks and brings us a high draft pick, which gives us a modicum of hope for our future at QB.

I'll take either at this point.

LOL.  No.  I liked the succinct quality of your post. That gif was me trying to figure out the next move.  Obviously, it did not come across.

:) No worries. To be fair, I'm not at the top of my game right now. Kinda feeling like sh*t. Carry on, we need people to lighten the mood around here. Gifs are gold.

Funny thing is, in a game like last night's, if only one thing changes.  Kellen Davis looks for the ball in the end zone, today we're talking about what a gutsy, tough team this is coming back from a 19 point deficit, and sending Rex home as a clown loser.

Didn't happen, so carry on.

Archived