Fire Special Teams coach Bobby April

RoadFan

This has to be the worst Special Teams in franchise history.  The Devin Smith fumble is inexcusable.   Honestly,  I had no problem with a speedy player back there to try and cause a spark.  In fact, i have been calling for a fast kick returner for weeks to replace fat and slow Stacy.

However, April had to make it crystal clear to Smith that he CANNOT fumble under any circumstances.   Priority one.  

I am not giving Smith a pass either.  I hated his response to the questions after the game.  The combined version and not the exact quote, "He made a great play to poke it out." Wrong answers punk.  You effed up huge.  Own it.

With all the injuries I think the coaching staff is still trying to find the right person to perform that role. Stacy sucks at it so I get wanting to keep looking. Smith is apparently out of the first string receiving corps so he makes a lot of sense to grow into that role. He's a rookie who barely performed that role in college so a stupid decision like coming out of the endzone is more excusable. It should not have happened but clearly he needs a lot of work getting coached up into that role.

for some reason, I read the thread title as "Jets fire special team coach... " like it was an announcement, not an outcry.

A good time to do it with an extra few days before next Sunday.  Are April's units now responsible for relinquishing 4 TDs in 9 games?  Scary.

A good time to do it with an extra few days before next Sunday.  Are April's units now responsible for relinquishing 4 TDs in 9 games?  Scary.

Yea, I don't think it's exaggerating to say that we probably win (at least) the Eagles and Bills games if we are capable of doing just the basics on special teams. 

With all the injuries I think the coaching staff is still trying to find the right person to perform that role. Stacy sucks at it so I get wanting to keep looking. Smith is apparently out of the first string receiving corps so he makes a lot of sense to grow into that role. He's a rookie who barely performed that role in college so a stupid decision like coming out of the endzone is more excusable. It should not have happened but clearly he needs a lot of work getting coached up into that role.

Easy solution to our KR woes. When Cro is healthy, have him return kicks full time. Don't want him on defense anyway.

Wishful thinking?

That's all I have left.

I will say one thing, unfair or not Devin Smith is already my new whipping boy.  I haven't really liked a thing he has done so far.  He looks like a 'Geno brain' version of a WR.

Yea, he's making the same impression on me.

The whole thing is incredibly saddening. No matter what the situation was with the quarterback, head coach, or even the defense, we always used to be a franchise that prided ourselves on special teams, made up for so much sh*t when other things went to hell.

We need to clone Westhoff. Like they did with Michael Keaton in Multiplicity.

The whole thing is incredibly saddening. No matter what the situation was with the quarterback, head coach, or even the defense, we always used to be a franchise that prided ourselves on special teams, made up for so much sh*t when other things went to hell.

We need to clone Westhoff. Like they did with Michael Keaton in Multiplicity.

Westhoffs teams weren't good his last couple of years. He was a great coach, but he is also the one that ran off Weatherford. The ST haven't been the same since. 

In the off season if the Redskins decide to fire there coaching staff the Jets sure go after Ben Kotwica that's Mike Westhoff's boy. But I agree Bobby April not the answer. This team looks old Mike Maccagnan has a lot of work to do the Jets need to get younger

he has a crappy punter, the FG kicker got here a few hours ago, and they have no return guys

what were you expecting ?

The punter has little to do with the lousy punt coverage.

Bad kick returners doesn't excuse the fumble.  Fireman Ed could have run 16 yards and covered the ball with both hands. 

None of your explanations touch the blocked punt for a TD either. 

The FG kicking is the ONLY thing that hasn't been a problem.

Sorry man. Fail.

The punter has little to do with the lousy punt coverage.

Bad kick returners doesn't excuse the fumble.  Fireman Ed could have run 16 yards and covered the ball with both hands. 

None of your explanations touch the blocked punt for a TD either. 

The FG kicking is the ONLY thing that hasn't been a problem.

Sorry man. Fail.

you are just looking for a scapegoat because they can't fire the players.  the players are ******* up.  no coach gets to the nfl and draws ****ed up plays and tells his guys to **** up

you are just looking for a scapegoat because they can't fire the players.  the players are ******* up.  no coach gets to the nfl and draws ****ed up plays and tells his guys to **** up

Scapegoat!?!?   April is the man in charge of these disastrous units that have allowed 4 TDs in 9 games.   Think about that for a minute... let it marinate.

#allstars

CB Dee Milliner, activated from short-term injured reserve Wednesday, got his first snaps in any game since Game 6 last year against Denver, when he injured his Achilles. This summer it was his wrist that kept him sidelined. But he finally saw action with eight special teams plays.

■ S Ronald Martin, signed from the practice squad Thursday, was in for a career-high 18 plays, all on specials. He had played in the first three games before being waived and then signed to the P-squad.

This has to be the worst Special Teams in franchise history.  The Devin Smith fumble is inexcusable.   Honestly,  I had no problem with a speedy player back there to try and cause a spark.  In fact, i have been calling for a fast kick returner for weeks to replace fat and slow Stacy.

However, April had to make it crystal clear to Smith that he CANNOT fumble under any circumstances.   Priority one.  

I am not giving Smith a pass either.  I hated his response to the questions after the game.  The combined version and not the exact quote, "He made a great play to poke it out." Wrong answers punk.  You effed up huge.  Own it.

fumbles happen, it's part of the game.   it sucks that is cost a TD and likely the game but it's still part of the game and it was a rookie who fumbled.    

the Jets still had a many chances to come back from it and win the game....this loss is not on a special teams coach and you can't just cut your 2nd rd pick because he made a mistake.   bowles is much more to blame for his decision making and time management than a special teams coach who is on his 4th string kick returner.   

Scapegoat!?!?   April is the man in charge of these disastrous units that have allowed 4 TDs in 9 games.   Think about that for a minute... let it marinate.

The worst ST play I have seen since the Kotite years and I believe that we have lost at least two games already because of it!!

It is scary bad!!!

Yeah what a dumb coach if only he remembered to instruct his players not to fumble. Maybe you should apply for the job.

Also possibly worst post in franchise history

We need billboards and banners

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Archived