Derek Carr 2nd Round 14'

Patriot Killa

This is what happens when a 2nd round pick pays off. They have they're guy and didnt even have to pay a 1st rounder to get him. This type of luck we need. But of course we had to go with Smith Round 2, 13'. Who do you think can be this years Carr? I really like Paxton but he will not be there round 2. 

Carr Career Stats:

Pass attempts: 872
Pass completions: 522
Percentage: 59.9
TDINT: 40–16
Passing yards: 5,364
Passer rating: 85.2

Carr looks really good. Thank God that Woody forced Rex on the GM so that we got Idzik, who in turn took Geno, and saw enough in Geno (ROTFLMFAO) to pass on both Carr AND Bridgewater. And then we wonder why we perennially suck......

They took Geno in the 2nd rd in 2013 so how did they pass on Carr and Bridgewater in 2014?? Carr went in the 2nd rd before our second pick and to take Bridgewater we would have had to use a 1st on him.. Most GM's aren't going to take a qb with a high pick the next year after taking one the year before..

I screamed for Carr and thought he was the only real franchise QB in that draft. I would've been happy if we took him with our 1. Lots of folks spewed about this or that game where he "couldn't handle the rush" or decided he would sucked because his brother didn't pan out.  He's going to be special and he should've been a Jet. OK. End rant. 

Carr looks really good. Thank God that Woody forced Rex on the GM so that we got Idzik, who in turn took Geno, and saw enough in Geno (ROTFLMFAO) to pass on both Carr AND Bridgewater. And then we wonder why we perennially suck......

all we needed was one more year and we could of grabbed him we have the worst timing with QB's. Sanchez should of been gone 2012. Geno comes in 13'.. Shows nothing. And we should of drafted 2nd round QB again the next year. Draft until we find one. So the real question here is ... Who can it be this year? Are there ANY this year?

They took Geno in the 2nd rd in 2013 so how did they pass on Carr and Bridgewater in 2014?? Carr went in the 2nd rd before our second pick and to take Bridgewater we would have had to use a 1st on him.. Most GM's aren't going to take a qb with a high pick the next year after taking one the year before..

well maybe they should. 

You don't excuse your second mistake by citing your first. Should never have taken that dope in the first place. 

When you draft a carr or bortles, feel free to give them Cooper and Crabtree, and Robinson, Hurns, and Lee to throw to....developing QBs with Nelson, Hill, Holmes, and Cumberland is no way to develop and evaluate a young QB....

He showed less than what an average QB would do with those weapons. If they were unsure of what they had they still should of drafted a QB at some point the year after. 

He showed less than what an average QB would do with those weapons. If they were unsure of what they had they still should of drafted a QB at some point the year after. 

if you put those weapons on the patriots right now...they'd be probably be .500...trying to convince anyone those are even serviceable weapons is a pretty strong reach, man.  

if you put those weapons on the patriots right now...they'd be probably be .500...trying to convince anyone those are even serviceable weapons is a pretty strong reach, man.  

i wasnt trying to convince anyone that they are serviceable weapons. More of trying to stress Geno's play was that terrible.

I screamed for Carr and thought he was the only real franchise QB in that draft. I would've been happy if we took him with our 1. Lots of folks spewed about this or that game where he "couldn't handle the rush" or decided he would sucked because his brother didn't pan out.  He's going to be special and he should've been a Jet. OK. End rant. 

I was banging the coffee table for him, too. 

I thought it means he sucks if every team passed on him in round 1.

i wasnt trying to convince anyone that they are serviceable weapons. More of trying to stress Geno's play was that terrible.

Tom Brady's play would be average with those weapons, so by that accord, yes, Geno and even Dalton, Carr, bortles, and Carson Palmer would all be bottom 10 QBs with those weapons.

you are correct, Geno was awful, and Brady and Rodgers would be rated 12-20 with those same weapons...as rookies Brady and Rodgers would be 25-35 with those same players...much like Geno was...

If you want to do it here, do it here. But dont waste a 1st round pick on one. We have other needs

i agree. We shouldnt try 1st round. We wont be close enough anyway. We probably land some where in the middle of the pack draft selection wise. 2nd round,3rd or 4th. Then put Petty/Pick/Geno out in camp. Although that depth chart seems unstable.?

i say this every year....you draft a qb until you have a franchise qb.

But if you draft one every year, where do their reps come from

First thing I semi-agree with you on that I can remember. Otherwise it means keep drafting a QB every year until one of them shows he's a franchise QB as a rookie. The league has seen no shortage of its best QBs fail to show themselves to be franchise QBs during their rookie seasons.

So it could lead to repeatedly drafting QBs high who aren't given ample time to shine, before drafting the new face of the franchise the following April. And if we're going to then say well at least take a later round QB every year, the odds of one of those hitting - also while getting relatively few reps - is slim. Most of those guys are either less talented (certainly have a lower ceiling), or they're very raw to begin with. Like Petty, who wasn't even a late round pick.

Ultimately, you take a guy and make a judgment if you think he's going to pan out. If you do, then don't also burn a high pick the next year. Problem wasn't in employing that strategy; it was in failing to make the correct assessment on Geno after year 1.

i agree. We shouldnt try 1st round. We wont be close enough anyway. We probably land some where in the middle of the pack draft selection wise. 2nd round,3rd or 4th. Then put Petty/Pick/Geno out in camp. Although that depth chart seems unstable.?

how do you know who's going to be available in the first round? if the jets like one of the top QB prospects enough they better draft him as quickly as they can

If they did not take Geno, OR, they realized how bad he sucked, they would have likely taken either Carr or Bridgewater in 2014.

Archived