OuttaSightPF has a melt down, launches personal attack, gets banned for life thread

We played some teams with real issues during the first quarter of the season. We snuck away with 4 wins in 5 games. We were 4-1 and the media was raving about the Jets. This was the real turning point of the season.

We played New England in their house, and overall we played hard. Brandon Marshall, who has been outstanding for us so far this season, truly sh#t the bed in that big game. #15 brings an awful lot to the table as a true #1 receiver. Without him we are 3-6 at best right now. So by trading a 5th round draft pick it has bought us 2 extra wins during the first half of the season. That's nothing to sneeze at. BUT, the one thing he lacks is big game experience. And it showed in Chowderville.

Since then this team has simply mailed it in. A disastrous game vs. our #1 non-division threat for a wildcard spot in Oakland. Our coach said our defense was "loafing". He was 100% accurate. Then we faced Jacksonville, consistently the worst team in the league for a decade. We struggled and barely squeaked out a win. Next was the show down with Rex Ryan and The Bills. We all know how that went.

They play hard when they feel like it, and they sit back and put their feet up when the going gets tough. Rex Ryan cultivated this environment, most especially during his last year here. He and his staff decided early on that they didn't have enough talent and they quit about 3 weeks in. He also cultivated a culture of ZERO accountability and very little discipline.

We have had a bunch of trades, free agent signings and terrible draft picks since 2011. 4 plus years of terrible mismanagement can't be fixed in 1 season. The free agent miscues are easy enough to move on from when the contracts are structured properly. Idzik only did one thing well during his short tenure, he didn't lock up long term money on anyone. But Tannenbaums last few drafts, both of Idziks drafts and our new GM's first draft are all heavily flawed. The 2014 draft alone.... 12 picks and we have a HUGE maybe that eventually Pryor can become a solid contributor. That's devastating.

We need a Pete Carroll, Ozzie Newsome, Bill Parcells type of culture changer to step in and get this organization back on track. A guy with a rare vision. I love Bowles as a head coach, but he needs a real game changer at GM, and I just don't think Mac is that guy.

What we need to do, we can't do in todays NFL. A message needs to be sent to this roster. Guys with bad attitudes and inconsistent effort need to go.

Parcells did it in 84' after suffering through a disastrous 1st year as head coach. He dumped the big name players with little fire in their bellies and found 'his' guys to fill their roles.

Jimmy Johnson did it in Dallas. When he arrived as the new head coach his former college player Michael Irvin came to his office with a list of the guys in the locker room who were simply coming to work for a pay check. These lazy vets would criticize the young Irvin after big losses for being so upset. They would tell him to calm down, he was getting paid either way. Johnson turned over almost the entire roster and landed hungry players who NEEDED to win.

Unfortunately in 2015, in the NFL's biggest media market we are handcuffed. 16 bad games and your ass can be fired. There are no more 3 or 4 year rebuilds in this league anymore (outside of Jacksonville LOL).

• Thumb Down 4

No no, I'm not saying that. We won't know for a while.

I'm just saying we need a really special person to turn it around.

As for Mac....

I like that he had the balls to basically say "I'm signing Revis, no matter what." He wasn't afraid to spend.

I don't like the way he has structured contracts. WAY too much guaranteed cash. But players aren't exactly lining up to play here right now.

I don't like that he wasn't able to get anyone better at the QB spot especially considering everything else he did made it seem like we are in win now mode. Revis, Marshall, Harris, Pace, Mangold, D'Brick..... all key players. All getting old.

I also didn't love the draft. I know I am in the minority.

If Williams develops into an elite player, Mauldin becomes a contributor and Petty actually becomes a starter, then it's a great draft. But so far Smith has bust written all over him, and the Williams pick gave us four 1st round DE's in 5 years. I don't see him as a luxury we could afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Rex 5-4 with a team that went 9-7 = savior ..Bowles 5-4 with a team that went 4-12 = cancer.....ok I got it .

Wow you seriously need to learn how to read words.

I heavily criticized Rex and said "I love Bowles as our head coach."

We have a bunch of "Rex guys" who were satisfied being 4-2 and have simply phoned it in for the past 3 weeks.

99% sure you only read the title of this thread and then spit out your very constructive feedback

We have a bunch of "Rex guys" who were satisfied being 4-2 and have simply phoned it in for the past 3 weeks.

99% sure you only read the title of this thread and then spit out your very constructive feedback

oh

No No No. They did not phone it in all 3 games. Raiders game I'll give you. But they did not execute in the other 2 games. Don't confuse lack of execution and lack of effort.

• Upvote 1

Same sh*t different stink from this guy.

"Fire the coach and the GM" in different words.

What????

Dude when someone says "I LOVE BOWLES AS OUR HEAD COACH" how do you take away fire the coach and GM???

The players are the issue. People simply can't read a series of words and process them on this site.

All I should have written was:

"We have a bunch of lazy, entitled players on this squad. We need to make them go away and find some guys with more competitive fire"

Obviously I used too many words

What????

Dude when someone says "I LOVE BOWLES AS OUR HEAD COACH" how do you take away fire the coach and GM???

The players are the issue. People simply can't read a series of words and process them on this site.

All I should have written was:

"We have a bunch of lazy, entitled players on this squad. We need to make them go away and find some guys with more competitive fire"

Obviously I used too many words

but he needs a real game changer at GM, and I just don't think Mac is that guy

In other words, fire the GM

so you want to hire a guy and put him over maccgnan and give him final say on personnel ?

I'm definitely not attacking Mac. There's no way to know if he is the "savior" we desperately need.

He may be. It's WAY too soon.

All I'm saying is this is a HUGE task he's faced with.

The cancer I referred to in the title is about players who play when they feel like it. We have a lot of them.

Mac is not the cancer

I'm definitely not attacking Mac. There's no way to know if he is the "savior" we desperately need.

He may be. It's WAY too soon.

All I'm saying is this is a HUGE task he's faced with.

The cancer I referred to in the title is about players who play when they feel like it. We have a lot of them.

Mac is not the cancer

That looks like an attack to me

• Upvote 3

No No No. They did not phone it in all 3 games. Raiders game I'll give you. But they did not execute in the other 2 games. Don't confuse lack of execution and lack of effort.

taking it to the Pats for 3 quarters and losing when Brady went HOF on us= phoned it in.

In other words, fire the GM

In other words "I don't THINK he's that guy". I would never call for a GM's head 9 games into his tenure. It's ridiculous.

I'm just saying there might be 10 or so guys on the planet that could turn this around. Not sure if he's the guy.

Just to be clear "not sure" means I have questions. It doesn't mean burn his house down and ship him to Afghanistan.

In other words "I don't THINK he's that guy". I would never call for a GM's head 9 games into his tenure. It's ridiculous.

I'm just saying there might be 10 or so guys on the planet that could turn this around. Not sure if he's the guy.

Just to be clear "not sure" means I have questions. It doesn't mean burn his house down and ship him to Afghanistan.

By saying that you don't think he is the guy to turn us around, you are taking what he has done here so far and attacking it. I don't know how you can interpret it any other way. 

If you don't like the contracts, you don't understand them very well. He's not tied to anyone other than Revis for more than two years, and most of those contracts he can get out of relatively painlessly as early as this offseason. Of course, most of his free agents have been solid-to-huge contributors, so there's not a big reason to escape too many of them. 

Mac was probably the team's best offseason addition. 

+1

I peeked at Spotrac this morning when I saw the "blow up the roster" thread and I was surprised to see how much flexibility they'll have next year. Revis and Marshall are the only guys we're "stuck" with at big money. 

We played some teams with real issues during the first quarter of the season. We snuck away with 4 wins in 5 games. We were 4-1 and the media was raving about the Jets. This was the real turning point of the season.

We played New England in their house, and overall we played hard. Brandon Marshall, who has been outstanding for us so far this season, truly sh#t the bed in that big game. #15 brings an awful lot to the table as a true #1 receiver. Without him we are 3-6 at best right now. So by trading a 5th round draft pick it has bought us 2 extra wins during the first half of the season. That's nothing to sneeze at. BUT, the one thing he lacks is big game experience. And it showed in Chowderville.

Since then this team has simply mailed it in. A disastrous game vs. our #1 non-division threat for a wildcard spot in Oakland. Our coach said our defense was "loafing". He was 100% accurate. Then we faced Jacksonville, consistently the worst team in the league for a decade. We struggled and barely squeaked out a win. Next was the show down with Rex Ryan and The Bills. We all know how that went.

They play hard when they feel like it, and they sit back and put their feet up when the going gets tough. Rex Ryan cultivated this environment, most especially during his last year here. He and his staff decided early on that they didn't have enough talent and they quit about 3 weeks in. He also cultivated a culture of ZERO accountability and very little discipline.

We have had a bunch of trades, free agent signings and terrible draft picks since 2011. 4 plus years of terrible mismanagement can't be fixed in 1 season. The free agent miscues are easy enough to move on from when the contracts are structured properly. Idzik only did one thing well during his short tenure, he didn't lock up long term money on anyone. But Tannenbaums last few drafts, both of Idziks drafts and our new GM's first draft are all heavily flawed. The 2014 draft alone.... 12 picks and we have a HUGE maybe that eventually Pryor can become a solid contributor. That's devastating.

We need a Pete Carroll, Ozzie Newsome, Bill Parcells type of culture changer to step in and get this organization back on track. A guy with a rare vision. I love Bowles as a head coach, but he needs a real game changer at GM, and I just don't think Mac is that guy.

What we need to do, we can't do in todays NFL. A message needs to be sent to this roster. Guys with bad attitudes and inconsistent effort need to go.

Parcells did it in 84' after suffering through a disastrous 1st year as head coach. He dumped the big name players with little fire in their bellies and found 'his' guys to fill their roles.

Jimmy Johnson did it in Dallas. When he arrived as the new head coach his former college player Michael Irvin came to his office with a list of the guys in the locker room who were simply coming to work for a pay check. These lazy vets would criticize the young Irvin after big losses for being so upset. They would tell him to calm down, he was getting paid either way. Johnson turned over almost the entire roster and landed hungry players who NEEDED to win.

Unfortunately in 2015, in the NFL's biggest media market we are handcuffed. 16 bad games and your ass can be fired. There are no more 3 or 4 year rebuilds in this league anymore (outside of Jacksonville LOL).

Dump Mac the GM?

No no, I'm not saying that. We won't know for a while.

I'm just saying we need a really special person to turn it around.

As for Mac....

I like that he had the balls to basically say "I'm signing Revis, no matter what." He wasn't afraid to spend.

I don't like the way he has structured contracts. WAY too much guaranteed cash. But players aren't exactly lining up to play here right now.

I don't like that he wasn't able to get anyone better at the QB spot especially considering everything else he did made it seem like we are in win now mode. Revis, Marshall, Harris, Pace, Mangold, D'Brick..... all key players. All getting old.

I also didn't love the draft. I know I am in the minority.

If Williams develops into an elite player, Mauldin becomes a contributor and Petty actually becomes a starter, then it's a great draft. But so far Smith has bust written all over him, and the Williams pick gave us four 1st round DE's in 5 years. I don't see him as a luxury we could afford.

Who else was AVAILABLE that was a better QB ?

• Upvote 1

The Jets have failed to draft an impact player on offense for 10 + years. Every week you tune in and see rookies scoring long TD's etc. Its really unbelievable how bad this organization has been in terms of identifying talent on offense. 

The Jets have failed to draft an offensive playmaker for 10+  years. 

Edited by UnitedWhofans