JUles has broken foot

afosomf

I'm telling you right now, Edelman out makes that game in December much easier! Especially if we have Pryor back & Ivorys 100% not the tweaked RB he was in the 1st game. Allows you to double Gronk. A game that most of you had circled as a loss might not be.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Julian Edelman will have surgery to repair the broken bone in his foot Monday.

Schefter reports there is hope Edelman will return this season. FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reported Edelman's injury is a "true Jones fracture," which is the same injury which cost Dez Bryant six weeks earlier this season. The injury will almost certainly keep Edelman out for the remainder of the regular season, but he has a shot to return during the playoffs. Danny Amendola should take on a much bigger role in the offense with Edelman sidelined and needs to be added in all formats.

Edelman is a player that has incredible start & stop ability, what people call "break your ankle" moves. It will not be easy to just come back after not using your ankle & cut on it like this guy does. This is a bad injury for the way this guy plays in the slot & makes all of those herky jerky cuts. His biggest asset are his quick feet.

I think I've said it before, but the only three truly indispensable players on the Patriots are Brady, Gronk and Butler.   Anyone else they can ride without for quite awhile without affecting the W/L totals much.  And Patriots slot receiver is arguably the most fungible offensive position in the entire NFL.   

Of course, at some point, the sheer volume of injuries can be catastrophic.  But I don't think the Patriots are quite there yet.  

Many think Gronk is more important to their offense, but I don't.  Edelman is only second to Brady.  Defenses have to scheme completely differently for NE because they get the ball out so freakin fast.  The majority of that is Edelman (and Brady's familiarity with him). 

Also account for what has been their 3rd best option in Dion Lewis being out... their offense will be MUCH different moving forward.  Almost pedestrian.  They won't be able to successfully fling it around as quickly.  Which will then expose that Oline for what it is.  (Not very good.)  And Brady will begin taking hits.

Gronk is Gronk.  He'll get his and probably a bit more now with Edelman out.  Amandola and LaFell are decent too.  But come week 16, we'll be facing a much different offense.  And a team that will probably have a couple losses as well.

Many think Gronk is more important to their offense, but I don't.  Edelman is only second to Brady.  Defenses have to scheme completely differently for NE because they get the ball out so freakin fast.  The majority of that is Edelman (and Brady's familiarity with him). 

Strongly disagree.  Gronk is both their best receiver and (with Vollmer out), their best offensive lineman.   And the drop-off from Edelman to Amendola is relatively small compared to the drop-off between Gronk and Chandler.  Amendola caught 10 balls today in Edelman's absence, and I have no doubt he will catch 8-12 balls per game from the slot so long as Edelman continues to be on the shelf.  

Strongly disagree.  Gronk is both their best receiver and (with Vollmer out), their best offensive lineman.   And the drop-off from Edelman to Amendola is relatively small compared to the drop-off between Gronk and Chandler.  Amendola caught 10 balls today in Edelman's absence, and I have no doubt he will catch 8-12 balls per game from the slot so long as Edelman continues to be on the shelf.  

No doubt that the drop-off from Gronk to Chandler is bigger than Edelman to Amendola.  But I guess where we disagree is that I think the most important factor in that offense is a quick/shifty/smart/reliable WR.  Amendola can probably play that role OK.  Especially vs a D like the Giants have.  But he's no where near Edelman and will struggle playing that role vs decent Ds.

Gronk is their big strike weapon.  However, that has been setup by Edelman and the quick passing game. 

and which diminutive white guy on the roster assumes the scrappy receiver role when Amendola inevitably gets hurt?

Amendola is made of glass. When they play a decent defense (let's not forget the Giants are like the 32nd ranked defense in the league!). Little Danny will be the next one going down & it might happen this week when Bacari Rambo gets a couple of shots at him. I hate to say this because we're fighting the Bill for the last wildcard spot but the Pats are ripe now with all those injuries.

Bills are healthy, McCoy & Williams WILL be able to run on that team, Rex will double Gronk, Mario Williams won't be sick, Dareus will push the pocket vs all those scrubs. I'm calling upset next week, Bills are feeling good & confident. We'll have to win all our games but most importantly the last game in Buffalo might be for a wildcard.

I'm telling you right now, Edelman out makes that game in December much easier! Especially if we have Pryor back & Ivorys 100% not the tweaked RB he was in the 1st game. Allows you to double Gronk. A game that most of you had circled as a loss might not be.

Edelman is my "favorite" player on their team.  I hate him because he is a Pat, but I like what he gets out of his ability and how hard he plays.

If he wasn't on my FF team I'd be happier but I'm sleep happy. 

Yup. PPR beast and the injury pretty much knocks me out of the running.  Worth it though, IF the Jets coaches and players can get their sh!t together and make a playoff run.  Hopefully beating the Pats twice along the way.

I have queen amendola and his value just shot right up as fantasy playoffs approach.

Nice, he's not available in my league.  He should definitely see an up-tick but doubt anything like Edelman.  At least this shouod mean some extra targets for Gronk (who I also have).  WR replacement though, Michael Floyd here.  Had him in the W/T spot and he blew up last night.  Sure enough though... goes out with an injury later in the game.  Absolute crap luck.  

I think I've said it before, but the only three truly indispensable players on the Patriots are Brady, Gronk and Butler.   Anyone else they can ride without for quite awhile without affecting the W/L totals much.  And Patriots slot receiver is arguably the most fungible offensive position in the entire NFL.   

Of course, at some point, the sheer volume of injuries can be catastrophic.  But I don't think the Patriots are quite there yet.  

I agree.  Edelman is more valuable than  DionLewis, but is easier to replace with Amendola.

It hurts and will slow their offense down a little bit, but there more pressing need is still the OL.

Ask the Giants about "doubling Gronk".  No matter what, that guy will get his catches and scores.  Just a complete monster of a player.

Completely meaningless, just like Deon Lewis.  Plug and play.  This stuff doesnt slow them down.  They're going undefeated. 

Just accept it now.  It will be much easier to stomach later. 

My boy Collins has to make that play, pats horseshoe is firmly planted up their arse

Archived