Blown Out

House Jet

We havent been blown out yet (unless you count the raiders). Getting blown out was an annual thing for rex. Looking at our losses weve been right in it with every team weve played with a chance to win each game. Even though were in a rut, I think if we get healthy theres no team we cant beat and that includes the pats. I just thought with all of the negativity around here lately id post something positive.. Were gonna bring the texans back to earth and showem why they shouldve kept fitzy! Lets blow these fukkers out!

I doubt that the Jets 'blow out' the Texans. First of all J.J. Watt will put pressure on Harvard and they are playing at home. I think the Jets will win, especially if T.J. Yates starts because the Houston offense is punchless with him at QB. But if Bowles continues to misuse timeouts and make in-game management errors the Texans might blow the Jets out. The Jets don't have a game the rest of the way that they can't win. They also don't have a game they can't lose. That is why Bowles must be at his best in each and every game. It all starts at the top.

we haven't been blown out except for that one time we were.

and how do you want to blow fukkers? wouldn't their penises already be inserted into an orifice.. making any kind of BJ pretty difficult. Unless you're just talking of some ball sack licking or whatnot. But even them, you run the risk of a black eye.

An easy win for the Jets unless Geno finds his way onto the field and kills everything

Reasons

Our offense with Fitz is way better than theirs with their third string QB coming out of camp

Their HC is another in the long list of failed poisoned fruit of the Belichick tree of cheating (Weis, Crennel, McDaniel, Mangini, Paoli etc

Their defense isnt as good as ours

Other than that its an even contest

Jets by 24

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

we got blown out 45-3 in 2010 then eventually played for the right to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

all losses count the same

lol, yea right... I can think of 2 losses (one of which you bring up in your post) weighted so heavily above others, that it's enough for some people to insist Rex should never have been fired.

lol, yea right... I can think of 2 losses (one of which you bring up in your post) weighted so heavily above others, that it's enough for some people to insist Rex should never have been fired.

if we had a better organization there would have been no need to fire him but based on having fired Tannenbaum then firing Idzik we had to fire Rex so I have no issue w/ it from that standpoint but our issues were not coaching in recent years.  it was personnel.

if we had a better organization there would have been no need to fire him but based on having fired Tannenbaum then firing Idzik we had to fire Rex so I have no issue w/ it from that standpoint but our issues were not coaching in recent years.  it was personnel.

You're running away from the context, as usual. You said all losses are the same, my point in responding is that you hinge all of your "Rex Ryan is a good coach" on weighting those AFCC losses with extreme bias, as it supports your argument. Making your statement about losses being equal a complete contradiction.

As for what you did respond with... The bold is hypothetical. It's about as relevant an argument as saying, "If Rex transformed into a dragon there would have been no need to fire him".

The issues have not been either/or between personnel and coaching. We failed on both ends of that spectrum. I'm used to the people that can't win this argument trying to reduce it to such simplicity, but it's well-established that personnel and coaching were the problem. Rex was at the center of it. 

You're running away from the context, as usual. You said all losses are the same, my point in responding is that you hinge all of your "Rex Ryan is a good coach" on weighting those AFCC losses with extreme bias, as it supports your argument. Making your statement about losses being equal a complete contradiction.

As for what you did respond with... The bold is hypothetical. It's about as relevant an argument as saying, "If Rex transformed into a dragon there would have been no need to fire him".

The issues have not been either/or between personnel and coaching. We failed on both ends of that spectrum. I'm used to the people that can't win this argument trying to reduce it to such simplicity, but it's well-established that personnel and coaching were the problem. Rex was at the center of it. 

I think rex did his best work in 2012 and 2013, we didn't make the playoffs in either season.  Nice try telling me what my argument is though.

Apostrophes are neat. You should try them.

Oh god. Its a jets forum not the fourth grade. I dont come on here to be lectured about my grammar. I come here to talk football. Grow up. 

To Shuler82.. Messed up the quote thing but the response below  was directed at you.

Trolls will troll I guess. You must be pretty bored. The blowout we lost by 14 points right?  At least we didn't die and roll over like previous teams seemed to do and thats my point. Even in our losses we never quit. 

I doubt that the Jets 'blow out' the Texans. First of all J.J. Watt will put pressure on Harvard and they are playing at home. I think the Jets will win, especially if T.J. Yates starts because the Houston offense is punchless with him at QB. But if Bowles continues to misuse timeouts and make in-game management errors the Texans might blow the Jets out. The Jets don't have a game the rest of the way that they can't win. They also don't have a game they can't lose. That is why Bowles must be at his best in each and every game. It all starts at the top.

I agree but its nice to dream. There are no givens in this league but realistically we should win 4 to 5 games from here on out. Fingers crossed.

we got blown out 45-3 in 2010 then eventually played for the right to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

all losses count the same

Then got blown out in the first half in pursuit of that AFC representation. I agree as a mindset players should have, that all losses count the same. Analyzing the team is different. If you're getting blown out by teams thats not a good sign. 

I think rex did his best work in 2012 and 2013, we didn't make the playoffs in either season.  Nice try telling me what my argument is though.

The post I replied to you stated that all losses are the sàme. I pointed out how you contradict this notion regularly. There was no argument, because I'm right. There was only context, which was driven by your initial post, and that you're evading... As usual.

WHAT????????????? 2012, you mean the year REX hired TONY SPORANO to be the OC????? That was such a horrible HC'ing move it is sickening. How on earth can you say he did his best work in 12 given that, I just don't understand it at all how insane the Rexcuses are.

Oh god. Its a jets forum not the fourth grade. I dont come on here to be lectured about my grammar. I come here to talk football. Grow up. 

To Shuler82.. Messed up the quote thing but the response below  was directed at you.

Trolls will troll I guess. You must be pretty bored. The blowout we lost by 14 points right?  At least we didn't die and roll over like previous teams seemed to do and thats my point. Even in our losses we never quit. 

I agree but its nice to dream. There are no givens in this league but realistically we should win 4 to 5 games from here on out. Fingers crossed.

Then got blown out in the first half in pursuit of that AFC representation. I agree as a mindset players should have, that all losses count the same. Analyzing the team is different. If you're getting blown out by teams thats not a good sign. 

now we count halves? w/ more than 3 mins left and our TOs we trailed by just 5 in that same game against Pitt. 

now we count halves? w/ more than 3 mins left and our TOs we trailed by just 5 in that same game against Pitt. 

But we lost.

And all losses are the same, no?

So how could you now be making the point that a close loss matters for something?

If we're to draw a conclusion from the posts you've made in this thread, it would be that frequency and magnitude of blowout losses doesn't reflect poorly on Rex, but close losses reflect positively on Rex. Your posts completely contradict themselves.

If we didnt have a disastrous first half I think we would have won that game. I also think we wouldve beaten the packers. We lost to them I think 9-3 with terrible officiating.

But we lost.

And all losses are the same, no?

So how could you now be making the point that a close loss matters for something?

If we're to draw a conclusion from the posts you've made in this thread, it would be that frequency and magnitude of blowout losses doesn't reflect poorly on Rex, but close losses reflect positively on Rex. Your posts completely contradict themselves.

why do you love me so much?  I was just discussing the notion that we were blown out in the 1st half, I didn't discuss whether the loss counted the same.  That loss is probably the most painful we have had being so close to the SB.

I love how you continually make things up.

If we didnt have a disastrous first half I think we would have won that game. I also think we wouldve beaten the packers. We lost to them I think 9-3 with terrible officiating.

Maybe or maybe Pitt relaxed in the 2nd half w/ the big lead? unfortunately we'll never know.  It sucks it took a half to get going.

It was 9-0 to GB but it was terrible officiating, they gave them 2 TOs which set up 6 of their 9 pts.

WHAT????????????? 2012, you mean the year REX hired TONY SPORANO to be the OC????? That was such a horrible HC'ing move it is sickening. How on earth can you say he did his best work in 12 given that, I just don't understand it at all how insane the Rexcuses are.

+1

2012 was probably the most embarrassing year in Jets history. We weren't just bad we were a joke.

That team was a joke, very little talent and we lost our best defensive player(best player in jets history still in his prime) and best offensive player early in the season yet we were still in playoff contention in December. 

I said I think he did his best job in 2012 and 2013, 2013 we were 8-8 w/ rookie Geno where the talent wasn't much better.

why do you love me so much?  I was just discussing the notion that we were blown out in the 1st half, I didn't discuss whether the loss counted the same.  That loss is probably the most painful we have had being so close to the SB.

I love how you continually make things up.

Saying I 'make things up' carries no relevance. Saying I 'love you', similarly deflects from the subject matter. I've responded to several posts you've made in this discussion, and am speaking to the totality of those comments equating to gross contradiction. My responses have centered solely on the subject matter and logic of what you've said, pertaining to football. I take this response to mean you have no other on-topic responses or counter-arguments to make. Rather, you'd prefer to play a round of "I was talking about this, not that", which anyone here can see right through.

I love how you are routinely guilty of the types of personal commentary, comprehension flaws, and deflection that you constantly and unjustly accuse others of. You are awful at debating, and yet you seek it out constantly.... handing you your ass, over and over and over again... it never gets old.

Maybe or maybe Pitt relaxed in the 2nd half w/ the big lead? unfortunately we'll never know.  It sucks it took a half to get going.

It was 9-0 to GB but it was terrible officiating, they gave them 2 TOs which set up 6 of their 9 pts.

yeah that was an ugly game those calls were awful

Archived