Texans' Hopkins doesn't practice on Wednesday...added to injury report

AFJF

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/14079/texans-receiver-deandre-hopkins-misses-wednesdays-practice

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans had a surprise addition to Wednesday's injury report. Receiver DeAndre Hopkins was listed as not having practiced.

Hopkins was on the field during the portion of practice open to the media. He went through stretches, but did not participate in team drills. He did not miss any of the Texans' 10-6 win over the Bengals, playing in 100 percent of the Texans' offensive snaps.

Losing Hopkins would mean the Texans were missing their No. 1 receiver, and one of the league's best. He caught the game-winning touchdown pass from T.J. Yates in Cincinnati on Monday night with only his left hand. He ranks third in the NFL with 927 receiving yards, having averaged 103 receiving yards per game.

Hopkins would likely face off against New York Jets All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis if he plays.

Quarterback Brian Hoyer (concussion), inside linebacker Akeem Dent(hamstring) and running back Chris Polk (hamstring) did not practice, either. Outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (back), cornerback Kareem Jackson(ankle) and cornerback Johnathan Joseph (calf) were limited in practice.

He'll play. And he's way better than Sammy Watkins. I could see him having a decent day. Nothing outrageous though, because I don't think Revis will be on him exclusively. 

he wasn't impressive Monday except for the last catch.   A lot of balls he had a chance for and he did not get.  They weren't drops but still

He'll play. And he's way better than Sammy Watkins. I could see him having a decent day. Nothing outrageous though, because I don't think Revis will be on him exclusively. 

he's great, but if hoyer is out that will make hopkins a really iffy bet for Sunday.  They may be down to their 3rd string qb and will be playing their back up rbs that are awful. 

Jets have no excuse this week especially with the extra rest.  

he wasn't impressive Monday except for the last catch.   A lot of balls he had a chance for and he did not get.  They weren't drops but still

yeah, he's nothing special...he's only 3rd in the league in both receiving yards and receptions...behind only Antonio Brown and Julio Jones while playing with Hoyer, mallet, and Yates...

well, he's much, much, much slower than Watkins and relies on body control and route running to get open, ie he's perfect match up for Revis...a wr that is little threat to get behind him.  I would make Revis his shadow...

well, he's much, much, much slower than Watkins and relies on body control and route running to get open, ie he's perfect match up for Revis...a wr that is little threat to get behind him.  I would make Revis his shadow...

I could still see him getting 5/50 or something like that. Maybe even a touchdown. That's only because I don't think Revis will be shadowing him. I'm more concerned with Washington and Shorts running amok against Skrine and Cro (allegedly).

I'm misundferstanding I hope.  Are you saying he won't have a huge day because Revis won't be exclusive on him?  Meaning the less Revis is on him, the better?

I'm misundferstanding I hope.  Are you saying he won't have a huge day because Revis won't be exclusive on him?  Meaning the less Revis is on him, the better?

I'm saying he won't have a huge day because Revis will be on him a ton. He'll still get some numbers because he's a really good player. The more Revis on him, the better.

I'm saying he won't have a huge day because Revis will be on him a ton. He'll still get some numbers because he's a really good player. The more Revis on him, the better.

Gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding.  Thanks for clarifying, I thought you went full on crazy lol.

I hope he plays, I enjoy watching all pro players battle it out. If revis is his shadow the whole game I see a 4/56 stat line. If not 7/120 and a td. The guy is monster on the field and can snag the ball right out of the air. Should be a fun match up to watch

Injury updates:

Hoyer also NOT RULED OUT yet.

Sheldon Richardson (hamstring) didn't practice Thursday and will be a game-time decision Sunday against the Texans.

He didn't practice on Wednesday either. Richardson has played well since returning from his four-game suspension. He has 2.5 sacks and one forced fumble in five appearances.

Nov 19 - 1:37 PM
Eric Decker - WR -  Jets

Eric Decker is listed on the Week 11 injury report with a knee issue, but is practicing in full.

It's the same routine Decker followed last week. He'll be on the WR1/2 borderline against the Texans. Decker has scored in 7-of-8 games this season.

Nov 19 - 1:30 PM
Brandon Marshall - WR -  Jets

Brandon Marshall (toe, ankle) was upgraded to "full" in Thursday's practice.

Marshall was limited on Wednesday after sitting out on Monday, but he'll be ready to go against the Texans. Marshall is a low-end WR1 for Week 11.

Nov 19 - 1:28 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB -  Jets

Ryan Fitzpatrick (thumb surgery) did "everything" in Thursday's practice.

Per OC Chan Gailey, Fitz "looked good." He was officially "full." Barring a setback, he'll be under center against the Texans. Fitz is a high-floor QB2.

Nov 19 - 1:25 PM
DeAndre Hopkins - WR -  Texans

Hoyer has memory loss. There's no way he's playing on Sunday. It would be irresponsible if they played him.

since when does the state of Texas apply responsibility when it comes to ANY LEVEL of organized football within their borders?

@AaronWilson_NFL: DeAndre Hopkins on missing a few practices with knee injury: 'It's not that a big of a deal," added that he's '100 percent'

100% and not practicing? I guess he doesn't need the extra work to prepare for Revis.

I thought that was strange too.  I don't recall ever hearing a player say he was 100% and not practicing.

@AaronWilson_NFL: DeAndre Hopkins on missing a few practices with knee injury: 'It's not that a big of a deal," added that he's '100 percent'

100% and not practicing? I guess he doesn't need the extra work to prepare for Revis.

looked like he could have missed practice all year, hop out of bed and still torch revis 

Archived