Fitz last 16 - very interesting

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

Had a few minutes and was curious so took at look at Fitz's last 16 regular season starts.  Not bad...

• 277 for 458 for 3,410 - 60.5% completion percentage, 27 TD's, 11 INT's, 4 fumbles (2 lost), 63 rushes for 277 yds and 2 TD's.  Overall accounted for 29 TD's and 13 TO's.

I randomly selected Philip Rivers for comparison and his numbers look like this:

• 68% completion percentage, 4968 yards, 30 TD's, 17 INT's, 0 rushing TD's, 4 fumbles lost.  Overall accounted for 30 TD's, 21 TO's.

Fitz's cap charge 2015 is $3.25 Million.  Rivers is $21.1 Million.  

Fitz ain't elite and he's not our long term answer.  But his production has been strong his last 16 and he's great value.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see Genos last 16. 

They actually might not be that bad.  Since he was benched last year for his absolutely atrocious play, his last 16 would include his two best stretches as a pro.

If you look at Geno in weeks 1-13 vs weeks 14-17, it's pretty ugly.  He's posted some damn good numbers in a lot of meaningless games.

Had a few minutes and was curious so took at look at Fitz's last 16 regular season starts.  Not bad...

• 277 for 458 for 3,410 - 60.5% completion percentage, 27 TD's, 11 INT's, 4 fumbles (2 lost), 63 rushes for 277 yds and 2 TD's.  Overall accounted for 29 TD's and 13 TO's.

I randomly selected Philip Rivers for comparison and his numbers look like this:

• 68% completion percentage, 4968 yards, 30 TD's, 17 INT's, 0 rushing TD's, 4 fumbles lost.  Overall accounted for 30 TD's, 21 TO's.

Fitz ain't elite and he's not our long term answer.  But his production has been strong his last 16 and he's great value.

His production and salary make him one of the best bargains at the position in the NFL.  His numbers stack up well vs many QB's who are viewed as being far superior to him.

Fitz should still not be any long term answer.  I like the guy, like the way he has played most of this year, but his arm is near penny like.

Having said that, our Wr's have been weird this year.  They are either making tremendous catches on poor Fitz passes or dropping or volleyball good passes to the other team.

His production and salary make him one of the best bargains at the position in the NFL.  His numbers stack up well vs many QB's who are viewed as being far superior to him.

the last time fitzy beat a team above .500? 2011. Wow such a bargain. Because padding your stats against garbage teams is what's really important, right?

Fitz should still not be any long term answer.  I like the guy, like the way he has played most of this year, but his arm is near penny like.

Having said that, our Wr's have been weird this year.  They are either making tremendous catches on poor Fitz passes or dropping or volleyball good passes to the other team.

The Jets have banged up WR's with no TE solution at the moment. 

Like it or not, this is the most stable QB situation the Jets have had since Pennington/Favre. Fitz is Solid. Petty (Hopefully) is the future, but Fitz will be the presumed starter for 2016 too.

can we finish the season with a winning record before we crown fitz the starter for next year?

Like it or not, this is the most stable QB situation the Jets have had since Pennington/Favre. Fitz is Solid. Petty (Hopefully) is the future, but Fitz will be the presumed starter for 2016 too.

Totally agree.

Is Fitz a franchise guy?  Nope.  But he's solid.  It's not like it's a choice of having Fitz or Rogers, who else would we have right now that would be better than Fitz?

Yup...I said it the day the Jets got Fitz.  Best QB they've had since Favre.  Say all you want about the circus catches because at this point they've been pretty much negated by the terrible drops.  I can count at least four dropped/missed TD's this season which is about how many ridiculous plays his receivers have made to score TD's.  He's also had some passes that absolutely should have been intercepted, but a few that went through his receivers' hands and into hands of a defender.  These things have a way of working themselves out sometimes.

Totally agree.

Is Fitz a franchise guy?  Nope.  But he's solid.  It's not like it's a choice of having Fitz or Rogers, who else would we have right now that would be better than Fitz?

There will be a number of free agent QB's next year that have more upside than fitz 

There will be a number of free agent QB's next year that have more upside than fitz 

This isn't madden.  Stability, continuity and a rapport with receivers actually means something.  For once let's just stick with the guy who is solid for a few years instead of punching our ticket for the 20+ time to the goddamn QB merry-go-round.  Do you want us to be the Browns? 

Fitz is not our long term answer.  I know that.  To win big you have to have an elite player at that position.  Compared to the dreck out there he's playing pretty well and has for sometime.  

I'd be curious to see what Gannon's career looked like before he turned into a great QB.  Since Fitz is all we have now let's hope we hit the same type of late career jackpot!

This isn't madden.  Stability, continuity and a rapport with receivers actually means something.  For once let's just stick with the guy who is solid for a few years instead of punching our ticket for the 20+ time to the goddamn QB merry-go-round.  Do you want us to be the Browns? 

do you want us to be 8-8 every year with a front running game manager QB? Because fitz is seemingly incapable of beating a team over .500

Name them. If they are Soooo abundant, who are they and at what price.

the last time fitzy beat a team above .500? 2011. Wow such a bargain. Because padding your stats against garbage teams is what's really important, right?

considering that we are getting COMPETENT QB play at that price, yes it is a bargain. You prefer inflated PriceTag QBs like Nick Foles/Bradford?

speaking of excuses for a career loser, right on cue

it takes a loser to smell & recognize one of their own. Good for you.

can we finish the season with a winning record before we crown fitz the starter for next year?

clearly your nit-wit neophyte mentality isn't ripe enough yet to process that planning ahead and foresight are key factors to continued success. As of now, there is NO guarantee that a QB upgrade is possible for next year so it is rather astute to Keep #14 for at least another few years until we groom/land a better prospect. If you weren't so tired from teen-age fapping sexual angst all this negativity would cease and the pea rolling around in your juvenile head should process that Fitzy is Waaaay better and consistent than any veteran QB play we have had since 2008. Thing is you probably can't recall that since you were still most likely rocking Huggies Pull-Ups waiting for Mother to wipe you; so Leave the adult conversations about QBs on the Jets to the adults and go along and play in your dated Mortal Kombat costume with a stick in the woods. And next time go easy on the mascara for your avatar. Troll.

Child please.

If you understand the basic concepts of moneyball, then you have to love this.

Name them. If they are Soooo abundant, who are they and at what price.

considering that we are getting COMPETENT QB play at that price, yes it is a bargain. You prefer inflated PriceTag QBs like Nick Foles/Bradford?

it takes a loser to smell & recognize one of their own. Good for you.

clearly your nit-wit neophyte mentality isn't ripe enough yet to process that planning ahead and foresight are key factors to continued success. As of now, there is NO guarantee that a QB upgrade is possible for next year so it is rather astute to Keep #14 for at least another few years until we groom/land a better prospect. If you weren't so tired from teen-age fapping sexual angst all this negativity would cease and the pea rolling around in your juvenile head should process that Fitzy is Waaaay better and consistent than any veteran QB play we have had since 2008. Thing is you probably can't recall that since you were still most likely rocking Huggies Pull-Ups waiting for Mother to wipe you; so Leave the adult conversations about QBs on the Jets to the adults and go along and play in your dated Mortal Kombat costume with a stick in the woods. And next time go easy on the mascara for your avatar. Troll.

Child please.

HAHAHAHA aw thanks sweetie but I'm straight. XO

edit: I just saw you wrote "keep fitz for ANOTHER FEW YEARS?" I almost spit coffee all over my keyboard. Thanks for the laughs, sally

Stanton, Moore, cousins, osweiler... Bradford is significantly more talented than fitz but I'd stay away because he's injured again

wow- you officially don't know Jack Sh!t about football.

hey Momo, QBS get better with EXPERIENCE AND PLAYING TIME. ALL those you name are NO WHERE CLOSE to being as productive or legit starters in the NFL. 

Waste of time responding to such petulance. 

hey Momo, QBS get better with EXPERIENCE AND PLAYING TIME. ALL those you name are NO WHERE CLOSE to being as productive or legit starters in the NFL. 

Repping this just for the use of the term "momo"

yeah it's better that we keep fitz for at least another 3-4 years. I mean, beating teams with a winning record is really overrated 

Being 'banged up' does not excuse dropping passes that hit you right in the hands or volley balling those drops into the other teams arms.

very easy to say on a message board. The facts state that to this point in time, this is one of the better NY Jets WR units.

very easy to say on a message board. The facts state that to this point in time, this is one of the better NY Jets WR units.

I'm not arguing that at all, I like both Marshall and Decker quite a bit, they have both made some huge plays.  But you can't just ignore some very bad plays as well as if they never happened.  Both have had drops and volleyball drops to boot.

Archived