Dee Milliner Is Sick, Didn't Practice

Maxman

I remain on record as liking Milliner as a player, but 2015 does not indicate good things for him. They went out and signed a ton of DBs and didn't seem in any rush to bring him back or use him last week with Cro out. I'm not sure how much this regime is exasperated with his injuries vs. not being enamored with his play. Either way, he is getting the Jeremy Kerley treatment at a position where we are much deeper.

First person to find a legitimate connection between tearing one's Achilles and catching a viruses wins alol my Star Wars cards. Woa woa woa, except Boba Fet. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fetman.  

But multiple shoulder surgeries, a torn achilles and a tendon injury in his wrist have zero in common amirite?

They have the commonality in that the body they originated from plays a violent sport. Other than that, nope. 

Or what they have in common is that the body they happened to is fragile.  Or possibly that the body they happened to belongs to a player who does not do a good job of "not taking the big hit" and therefore he ends up getting injured more often than others who play the same violent sport.  Or both.

Yes Football is a violent sport but of all the positions, CB probably involves the least amount of violent contact.  The Achilles I think happened without any contact whatsoever.

Either he is shockingly unlucky or he is contributing in some fashion to this lack of durability.  Even if it is the former, why on earth should we have faith in someone who has been shockingly unlucky? 

And when he plays this weekend and for the rest of the season, what will be the excuse to dislike such a young, talented player who's still on a rookie contract? 

You understand that he was our first round pick and after three years he has spent almost no time on the field.  You do understand this correct?

And when he plays this weekend and for the rest of the season, what will be the excuse to dislike such a young, talented player who's still on a rookie contract? 

I never said that I disliked the kid. Look, I root for EVERY player who is wearing Jets green and white. Regardless of how I may have felt about him at any particular time in his career. I allow myself the latitude to be a hater and a number one fan of whoever I want and at any time that I want it to be. I want every Jets player/coach/owner to succeed, because if they do, then that means that there is a pretty good chance the the New York Jets are doing something good and right, and that right there is my main concern. You see BJ12, it's because I am a Jets TEAM fan, never a Jets 'player' fan, and I have found that that has always been the case with me. I remember watching Joe Namath in a Rams uniform, a guy who was my idol (after Mantle retired) and there I was not even caring about how he was doing-because he was not a Jet.

So, if somewhere along the line this guy Millner who I have nothing against other than the opinion that I espoused earlier manages to make it back on the field, and becomes the player that we all had hoped that he would be, well then hell-I may even buy the guys' friggin' jersey for my daughter. 

Archived