Colin Kaepernick to IR, ends his season, likely time with 49ers

Jetman55

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's having a good year.  Is better than Fitz, I'll take 4200+ Yards, 65% comp and about the same TD/INT numbers 

Fitzpatrick has a better career completion percentage. Bradford has never thrown for 4K yards. Fitz has thrown four more TDs and 2 less picks. So, maybe check your numbers again? The difference between the two is minuscule. Bradford is younger, but he's not a long term solution and that's ultimately what the Jets should be looking for. 

Fitzpatrick has a better career completion percentage. Bradford has never thrown for 4K yards. Fitz has thrown four more TDs and 2 less picks. So, maybe check your numbers again? The difference between the two is minuscule. Bradford is younger, but he's not a long term solution and that's ultimately what the Jets should be looking for. 

Fitzpatrick this year hasnt beaten a team with a .500 record he's been with 7 teams in 8 years and has never won a damn thing. I hope that all changes here but doubt it. 

Philly would have to let Bradford go.  I'd jump on Bradford as a FA if this played out. 

Why in all that is holy would anyone want Bradford? Not only is he not a good QB, he is as brittle as Milliner. One of the most overrated BUSTS ever, and Bradford is a complete and total bust.

I would absolutely take a flier on him.

Here is the thing though. With all these read option, spread offense type QB's You have to be willing to take the time to develop him into a QB where his first instinct is not to take off and run.

It took guys like Randall Cunningham and Michael Vick quite awhile to make the conversion, I think the same thing could happen with a guy like Kapernick. 

I just don't know if a team or a fanbase would have that kind of patience.

But when should we resort to Geno?? :ph34r: (Notice the jaw is protected)

At this point, probably never since the Jets FO does not seem to believe in him. But an offseason plan of starting Fitz again would be completely irresponsible. in fact even a plan that allows for Fitz to start again is completely ridiculous.

At this point, probably never since the Jets FO does not seem to believe in him. But an offseason plan of starting Fitz again would be completely irresponsible. in fact even a plan that allows for Fitz to start again is completely ridiculous.

There won't be many better options. Unless they come up with something completely unthought of as of now. They'd have to get really creative to find something that drastically improves the QB situation without mortgaging the future. 

Fitz was brought in as a backup and he is a good one.. However he's not the answer long term and we have to find out what the other 2 can do before we move on..

I really like that he has 11 TDs and 10 INTs. That's pretty solid. Oh. And he's out injured again. 

I really love that you live a mediocre QB and will shoot yourself trying to make a case that he's better than even Bradford.  Similarly mediocre TD/INT numbers you really want to talk about?  I'll take those similar numbers and a pace for 4400 yards with a nice comp percentage.  Oh and given that Fitz missed time with a leg injury a year ago and got lucky with his busted hand I would be a little quiet crowing over injuries.  

This has the potential to match the foolish idea that Fitz is better than Stafford.  Bradford is a better, younger QB.  Not great, just better than what we have.

I really love that you live a mediocre QB and will shoot yourself trying to make a case that he's better than even Bradford.  Similarly mediocre TD/INT numbers you really want to talk about?  I'll take those similar numbers and a pace for 4400 yards with a nice comp percentage.  Oh and given that Fitz missed time with a leg injury a year ago and got lucky with his busted hand I would be a little quiet crowing over injuries.  

Bradford is a better, younger QB.  Not great, just better than what we have

Sigh. You just don't get it. The Jets should be looking for a long term solution. Maybe they have that in Petty, maybe they don't. They won't find out until he's ready. Sam Bradford is not a long term solution. There's no chance they bring him in. None. I'm not sure why we're even discussing this JAG. 

Bradford is on a pace for 4400 yards, 65% and a mid 80s QBrating.  He's not great but he's better than Fitz .  Not great but better 

Bradford is on a pace for 4400 yards, 65% and a mid 80s QBrating.  He's not great but he's better than Fitz .  Not great but better 

Cool. And he's out this week and probably more. What's his pace now? He's just another average QB but he can't stay healthy. Not worth the contract he'll be seeking. Move on from this one. It's not happening. 

Sigh. You just don't get it. The Jets should be looking for a long term solution. Maybe they have that in Petty, maybe they don't. They won't find out until he's ready. Sam Bradford is not a long term solution. There's no chance they bring him in. None. I'm not sure why we're even discussing this JAG. 

you don't get it.  They're not picking up a long term answer unless they get a Bradford or Stafford and it works out until they know what Petty is.  Bradford is only 27.  He would be a long term answer.  So giving his past numbers, when he missed seasons as a 26 & 25 year old is kind of meaningless.  You can't just say everyone who isn't a player you like sucks.  There are better QBs than Fitz.  Really

you don't get it.  They're not picking up a long term answer unless they get a Bradford or Stafford and it works out until they know what Petty is.  Bradford is only 27.  He would be a long term answer.  So giving his past numbers, when he missed seasons as a 26 & 25 year old is kind of meaningless.  You can't just say everyone who isn't a player you like sucks.  There are better QBs than Fitz.  Really

Okay. So you've established you think that Sam Bradford in your opinion is a long term answer for the NY Jets. I don't agree with that. Neither do many others, especially at the NFL level. You won't convince me he is either. Stafford isn't a long term answer either. Neither guy is a game changing, franchise QB in the ilk of Brady, Ben, Brees etc. They're average QBs, just like Fitz.

And I am perfectly aware that there are better QBs than Fitz. I don't see one shaking loose to become available next season for the Jets to acquire. The smart money is to have a little continuity, bring back Fitz and ease Petty into some playing time. 

Cool. And he's out this week and probably more. What's his pace now? He's just another average QB but he can't stay healthy. Not worth the contract he'll be seeking. Move on from this one. It's not happening. 

so your brilliant argument is he's out this week.  Hollow victory.  Not so sure it won't happen, makes all the sense in the world to check into it.

STOP we dont need another teams trash especially Bradford who is a JAG we have others 7 teams trash now in Fitzpatrick 

We are starved for a franchise QB many have tried many have failed 

Kaepernick is tempting for his ability to run and throw the deep ball 

This years draft no standout 

Free agency in 2016 no standout available 

If not Geno Smith then Bryce Petty

Okay. So you've established you think that Sam Bradford in your opinion is a long term answer for the NY Jets. I don't agree with that. Neither do many others, especially at the NFL level. You won't convince me he is either. Stafford isn't a long term answer either. Neither guy is a game changing, franchise QB in the ilk of Brady, Ben, Brees etc. They're average QBs, just like Fitz.

And I am perfectly aware that there are better QBs than Fitz. I don't see one shaking loose to become available next season for the Jets to acquire. The smart money is to have a little continuity, bring back Fitz and ease Petty into some playing time. 

you really think Stafford and Bradford are just like fitz? I respect your opinion but I see them as completely different kinds of players 

STOP we dont need another teams trash especially Bradford who is a JAG we have others 7 teams trash now in Fitzpatrick 

We are starved for a franchise QB many have tried many have failed 

Kaepernick is tempting for his ability to run and throw the deep ball 

This years draft no standout 

Free agency in 2016 no standout available 

If not Geno Smith then Bryce Petty

If Chad stayed healthy and had Vinny's arm we may have had something..:)

you really think Stafford and Bradford are just like fitz? I respect your opinion but I see them as completely different kinds of players 

They both have more talent than Fitz but neither guy because of injury or ineffectiveness gets more out of themselves than Fitz. Stafford would be awful if Calvin Johnson didn't drag him along for years. Neither one is a franchise changing QB. 

no, I'm saying, three times, that Bradford is better than anyone we have.  Everyone, even on the NFL level would agree.

In your wildest dreams you pray that Petty is anywhere near the talent Stafford is.  Stafford would give us a top QB and completely transform this team.  

They both have more talent than Fitz but neither guy because of injury or ineffectiveness gets more out of themselves than Fitz. Stafford would be awful if Calvin Johnson didn't drag him along for years. Neither one is a franchise changing QB. 

I agree that neither bradford or stafford has shown enough to be a sure thing, but part of the evaluation is what kind of situations are these players in right now. both are playing behind OL & defense far worse than the jets, so both are being asked to provide much more than the system gailey is running with fitz

no, I'm saying, three times, that Bradford is better than anyone we have.  Everyone, even on the NFL level would agree.

In your wildest dreams you pray that Petty is anywhere near the talent Stafford is.  Stafford would give us a top QB and completely transform this team.  

Stafford has had years with one of the best WRs ever. And has nothing to show for it. He's got talent, but he's nothing more than a middling NFL QB. He's nothing special. Same with Bradford. Both may have more talent than Fitz, but that doesn't make them better. I'm done with this. 

Considering we are hopefully trying to win a Super Bowl career .500 QB Fitzpatrick wont be back and Geno Smith with any luck will be battling Kap for the starting job here next year. 

career .500 qb rYan fitzpatrick?  May want to check that, last year he went 6-6...that was his best career record in a season.  He had a top 3 run game, Andre Johnson and Hopkins at wr, and #7 defense and he went 6-6....he never even had a .500 record in his first 10 years I n the league.  I'm sure he is far worse than a .500 .qb.

No way kap or Bradford are worse than fitz...

Fitz if we took our green glasses off is one of the worst 5 starting qbs in the NFL.

Stafford has had years with one of the best WRs ever. And has nothing to show for it. He's got talent, but he's nothing more than a middling NFL QB. He's nothing special. Same with Bradford. Both may have more talent than Fitz, but that doesn't make them better. I'm done with this. 

yeah, with Stafford the excuse is he had Megatron.  No running game, nothing else.  That's what got him 5000 yards.  Now he's got nothing much, Megatrons old and his WRs aren't great, no running game, no OL and he's going to get his 4000 yards. 

But he's middling, lol.  We haven't had a QB that middling since Namath

You are out of your mind.

he misses harbaughs tough ass approach

give him another hard ass coach and I think he can be decent

I don't think bowles is that guy

Bowles is a hardass. QC is benched and plays on ST now. Bowles is just soft spoken. I had a DI at Parris Island whom you hardly could hear. That MF gave me a lesson in listening.

I would absolutely take a flier on him.

Here is the thing though. With all these read option, spread offense type QB's You have to be willing to take the time to develop him into a QB where his first instinct is not to take off and run.

It took guys like Randall Cunningham and Michael Vick quite awhile to make the conversion, I think the same thing could happen with a guy like Kapernick. 

I just don't know if a team or a fanbase would have that kind of patience.

Todd Bowles coaches players up. Look at Calvin Pryor and Rontez Miles. Cumberland even gets in the way of other players now. Winters and Breno are playing much better this season. 

Get this guy Mac. No better option available. Chan can coach. The Jets fixed their run game last week and the team played way better on defense. The TO's cost them the game.

This fan base has been patient for nearly 50 years. Kap is worth what the Jets can pay him. The SB not the playoff is the goal. Mac made that clear in his interview.

Go Jets.

they have been looking. It isn't easy. Only half the teams have long term answers. We are lucky to have fitz for now

Bowles is a hardass. QC is benched and plays on ST now. Bowles is just soft spoken. I had a DI at Parris Island whom you hardly could hear. That MF gave me a lesson in listening.

yeah he almost punished sheldumb for not telling the team about his arrest but then he didn't, lol

Archived