Offensive line play is bad

receivers miss a lot of easy balls

running game disappeared

defensive line play is not great

linebackers are ok

secondary is average

coaching is below average

discuss. 

Linebackers are not ok. They are horrible. Slow, can't cover or tackle and old. I'd add that Special Teams are horrible and Tight End is non existent. 

running game disappeared

linebackers are ok

secondary is average

discuss. 

The Jet are most definitely not good. For starters, can someone please show Cromartie the door?

This looks like a different team from the Miami game, looks like the wheels have fallen off. Would anyone try Petty, when the play offs are out of reach?

The problem with that is that he will be put in an unwinnable situation. It's better to let him sit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am just so sick of this team because unless we find a QB we're gonna continue to suck! So what, we gave up 24 points, happens every week in this league, defenders get hurt, you run into an all world player like Hopkins, find a f*cking QB that can lead you to 27 points in a game when the D is struggling!

Every f*cking year is like Groundhog Day without a QB. Our offense always feels like an old 12 cylinder Jaguar running on 5 cylinders! Fitz just LOCKED onto Marshall from the snap & Bilal was wide open in the flat on the other side of the field. Until we get a QB, nothing else matters! Texans suck too, Fins suck, Bills suck, Rams suck, more than half this league blow chunks, probably the worst year in NFL history! 

running game disappeared

linebackers are ok

secondary is average

discuss. 

Offensive line is an area I have been posting on all season. They are bad and old and injury prone now. Devin Smith seems like another second round bust and Marshall is NOT elite. He never was. Run game disappeared....see OL. The defensive line is comprised of seven defensive tackles. There is not a true end on the roster, certainly NOT one that brings a pass rush. Jets blitzed all day and only got close to Yates a few times. Not good enough for sure. LB's are slow and poor in coverage. Secondary is average because safeties suck in coverage. This is a team that needs a lot of work still. The 4-1 start was the typical Jets tease that gets the fan base thinking things have turned around, but they have turned around by no means. The Jets are still their own worst enemy as Gailey continued to call deep passes against a pass rush the Jets couldn't contain. I didn't see any glaring errors by Bowles in this one. They are an 8-8 team that may not even finish 8-8.

@T0mShane

What are your thoughts on this team? 

Thanks for asking, Matt. It's depressing. Trotting out Cro every week is making me lose faith in Bowles, and watching Fitzpatrick gives me the same internal sadness I had watching post-shoulder Chad. Literally the only sliver of hope I have right now is that Bowles is coaching to the inadequacies of Fitzpatrick and it's holding back the offense and defense. Maybe there's a plan to throw downfield more and blitz the living sh*t out of opponents, but the QB isn't capable of playing to that, so instead we get bend-but-don't break on both sides and he wants to win these games 21-17. Of course, there's also the chance that we just suck, that 4-1 was the product of unsustainable things (Ivory staying healthy and the defense producing 4 TO's every game), and now we've been exposed and we're in for another three years of a defensive coach who gets surprised by literally every nuance of the head coaching profession.

Who are the Jets position coaches and how much experience do they have? Did Bowles give a bunch of friends first dibs here? We look unprepared to play.

The idea after 5 years of practicing every week  against their own offense doing the Wildcat was somehow a shock to this defense is a joke. 

This looks like a different team from the Miami game, looks like the wheels have fallen off. Would anyone try Petty, when the play offs are out of reach?

With a different team around him, maybe.   But not with this collection of prideless, mistake-prone warm bodies.  They will drain the energy from him.  

The real disappointment with this team is the defense. Coples is nowhere, the pass rush/defensive line  is OK  quite bland actually . Given Bowles rep I really expected alot more. I realize people are down on Fitz but for me he is playing and giving his all as I expected. The hope was that the defense would set up the offense. Hasn't happened.

Linebackers are not ok. They are horrible. Slow, can't cover or tackle and old. I'd add that Special Teams are horrible and Tight End is non existent. 

Agreed on all, except LB's... Almost all LB covering issues have been on Demario Davis and not to defend him but today he may have been blamed for a Cromartie mistake.

We all knew this wasn't going to be turned around in one offseason. There are just too many players here that aren't good enough or don't fit the system. Have to give TB and MM a few off seasons. 

Problem is we have so many veterans we will let go that we likely have a younger but not as good roster. Could be a long 3 years. Not sure Bowles gets that long.

Archived