Please stop saying Fitzpatrick is the guy...

CobraVerde

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must not have payed much attention in your '35 years watching' Sanchez and Geno have had far worse years.

sanchez is MUCH better than Fitz-Sanchez got us with lots of help to the playoffs where he played well and won playoff games for us -sanchez and geno were not throwing to Decker and Bmarsh either with their "worse years"-FITZ is doing LESS WITH MORE-

sanchez is MUCH better than Fitz-Sanchez got us with lots of help to the playoffs where he played well and won playoff games for us -sanchez and geno were not throwing to Decker and Bmarsh either with their "worse years"-FITZ is doing LESS WITH MORE-

No, We got to the playoffs despite Mark Sanchez.  Ask Philly fans how much they luv the Buttfumble Kid.

If you believe in Genope ... You have not watched him play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no we haven't with this team.  We've watched Fitz though and he isn't getting it done. 

Rex was an idiot for playing Sanchez when he had no choice.  Bowles should continue to go with Fitz while we continue to lose and there are options

Fitzpatrick either under throws over throws or bounces the ball off the carpet I've seen enough theres a reason he's been with 7 teams in 8 years 

6 teams,joewilly12, 6 teams. you have been driving me nuts with that, so I figured I would let you know:blink:

personally, I have been saying the jets QB argument is basically deciding between the worst starter and the best back-up.  both QB's make mistakes and neither one is really any good or a guy to build around....

but.....

please open your eyes and notice awful drops, awful O-line-play, and a OC that won't attack a depleted secondary. 

my take on this is bowles and maccagnan hate geno, and are hoping fitz gets them to when petty is ready which sounds like not this year

Just about every season when Fitzpatrick starts he starts off hot going undefeated and then goes on a snowball losing streak. Happened in buffalo and in Houston and now here. 

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

FITZ is an excellent back-up and that was what he was brought originally in for the Jets to be, not the starter but the back-up and than IK's cross to the jaw changed all that but it did not change Fitz. 

Fitz is a good back up but not a QB that you should be relying on to lead your team as a starter as his record speaks wherever he has found himself on the NFL.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

FITZ is an excellent back-up and that was what he was brought originally in for the Jets to be, not the starter but the back-up and than IK's cross to the jaw changed all that but it did not change Fitz. 

Fitz is a good back up but not a QB that you should be relying on to lead your team as a starter as his record speaks wherever he has found himself on the NFL.

The Jets thought they had a secret weapon that was going to take the NFL by storm.

fitz isn't the biggest problem imo.......the D is soft....playcalling is predictable....and terrible coaching decisions.....tons of critical dropped passes.............fitz is the least of all

the past month dropped passes have hurt the offense more than anything.  smith dropped 2 long passes, and marshall has dropped several td passes.  fitz isn't good enough of a qb to keep throwing those passes, the wrs must make the catches when the throw is good, b/c the ints are coming at some point.  

Fitz is not the answer. But neither is Smith who should be released after this season.  We are 5 and 5 and still very much n the playoff hunt.  With Smith we are probably 2-8 or 3-7 and cursing Idzik in our sleep.  The IK fiasco cemented Smith's fate with the Jets and showed Bowles he is an immature twerp who has zero leadership qualities.  That's why he has only seen the field when Fitz was injured.  Bowles will stick with Fitz, win or lose.  The players love him regardless of his lack of skills.  He is a gutsy, die hard, give it all you got type guy. Its called character for the rest of you teeny boppers on here who think they know what football is about.  Many of you really should see replays of Generation Jets,  a Saturday-afternoon animated children's television show created for the New York Jets. Generation Jets follows five school-aged kids as they explore New York City's landmarks. They learn from their adventures and interaction with players and coaches from the New York Jets. They should bring this show back for many of the insolent, childish kids here (maybe just maybe you could all learn a thing or two.)    

new_york_jets_generation_jets_1_kcs2g3ky

• 4 weeks later...

it is sad as a fan with avg intelligence I knew from day one he was terrible but yet coaches and some fans who must be blind cant see how awful he is-the fitz defenders are the same guys that defended izdick our last gm even after fired

another one who got nasty in his ridiculous harangue against the Bearded One. why are you lurking but not posting?

a QB with no arm that has the best pass blocking OL in the league too. the jets can only score from the red zone with fitz, there is zero deep threat with him

Weird cause you have to get to the red zone to score from there, right? lol perhaps the most ridiculous criticism of a player of all time. "He can only score from the red zone... where he drives the team quite frequently."

LOL at these bumps. Fitzpatrick has separated the good from the bad on this place.

I don't think his biggest fans ever claimed that he was "the guy" going forward. Just that he was the best QB available and a guy who could be competitive with this team. That's proven to be the case. I don't think this will prevent us from drafting/developing a QB in the offseason.

He was one of the Texans' best players last season and has been one of ours this season. Best QB we've had in a long time. He's made the Jets actually enjoyable to watch. 

Weird cause you have to get to the red zone to score from there, right? lol perhaps the most ridiculous criticism of a player of all time. "He can only score from the red zone... where he drives the team quite frequently."

That's right up there with the "argument" I saw a few weeks ago criticizing him for relying heavily on Marshall and Decker.  Yes, that's the mark of a bad QB...a dude who throws the majority of his passes to his best pass catchers.  You see how often Joe Montana threw the ball to Jerry Rice?  Dude was a bum.

another one who got nasty in his ridiculous harangue against the Bearded One. why are you lurking but not posting?

Guess we'll have no QB in 2016 and 2017 either then cause Fitz is it for awhile most likely

I dont understand why you're trying to show people up and get a crowd behind you? Can you pull up your old quotes from this thread to see how consistent you were? From the looks of it, it seems like you cant.  I just went through all three pages and I didnt see one quote from you, yet you're bumping a thread you never once commented in?  

Fitz is having a solid year with arguably the best supporting case and easiest schedule in Jets history. But really, you're just trolling now. 

LOL at these bumps. Fitzpatrick has separated the good from the bad on this place.

I don't think his biggest fans ever claimed that he was "the guy" going forward. Just that he was the best QB available and a guy who could be competitive with this team. That's proven to be the case. I don't think this will prevent us from drafting/developing a QB in the offseason.

He was one of the Texans' best players last season and has been one of ours this season. Best QB we've had in a long time. He's made the Jets actually enjoyable to watch. 

The only thing Fitz has shown is that he can play solid ball with the most talent this Jets team has had in decades. Thats not taking anything away from him, but its not proven that he could have been the best guy. He proved that it was a smart move. The fact that Geno put up very similar numbers coming in cold can still leave that up for debate. I dont know how many people can mess up having a 1,000 yard rusher a top 5 WR, #1 WR corp in the league and a 100+ million dollar secondary. 

You give that man the Jets team we had last year and then tell me if the success would be the same. And I dont say that to take ANYTHING AWAY (making it clear) from Fitz. But this either "right or wrong" position is ridiculous, especially when we havent been able to see the latter. 

I dont understand why you're trying to show people up and get a crowd behind you? Can you pull up your old quotes from this thread to see how consistent you were? From the looks of it, it seems like you cant.  I just went through all three pages and I didnt see one quote from you, yet you're bumping a thread you never once commented in?  

Fitz is having a solid year with arguably the best supporting case and easiest schedule in Jets history. But really, you're just trolling now. 

If the jets can get the AFC South  and NFC East for next 3 yrs then give fitzy $60m and watch his magic,

You mean, the same AFC South that Andrew Luck plays in and everyone loves to say how "great" he is (until he gets to the playoffs)? lol. :-)

Luck will be back to normal next yr, their OL is gawd awful. I was wondering what is Fitzy's signature win this yr? the Gmen or Skins? 

I wasn't a bully who vanished the second my little ego was hurt from being wrong in a silly internet debate. They deserve what they get. I can take the heat of being wrong. I own it. As you did. 

They made this debate personal so yeah now this happens. Don't cry for them Argentina.

I wasn't a bully who vanished the second my little ego was hurt from being wrong in a silly internet debate. Hey deserve what they get. I can take the heat of being wrong. I own it. As you did.

Cobraverde was a bully.....really? I dont know what happened prior between you guys, but I surely didnt see anything from you prior in this thread that you're bumping today. 

Cobraverde was a bully.....really? I dont know what happened prior between you guys, but I surely didnt see anything from you prior in this thread that you're bumping today. 

vanished trying to bring him home so we can all enjoy together and wait now the rule is you can't bump a thread where an anti fitz person wasnt right? For months the pro geno crowd had no problem calling the rest of us morons but as soon as they are proven wrong it's "move on Jeez"

Archived