180° disaster.

Integrity28

This team. I can't believe this is the same football team from the first quarter of the season. I went from watching a respectable team scrap their way through games, pushing their opponents around, to a team that read their press clippings after a month, and has never recovered from almost beating the Patriots.

The past 5 weeks, or so, it has been the same thing each week: Show up flat, show no sense of urgency on either side of the ball, execute poorly, then make a last ditch effort to steal the win back, only to be outdone by half-brained, self-destructive stupidity.

Defense can't cover or tackle, so when they have the chance to get off the field on their own, they can't. Sometimes they show up in the 4th quarter, like today, and create a situation where it's too little, too late. It's the opposite of Rex's defense which would play great the first 3 quarters, then chicken out in the 4th. 

Offense can't execute, is horribly predictable, cannot sustain drives and help keep our defense off the field either. The WRs can't hold onto passes that hit them in the hands in clutch moments, or the QB can't get the ball anywhere close to them on routine early-down plays. I don't know what the **** happened to the running game, but it sucks too.

Specials teams is a joke.

Physicality is a joke. Everyone is hurt. Most of these guys handle contact like it didn't occur to them that it was part of the game. 

The coaching is a real concern. Worst instinct I've seen in a while regarding when to, and not to, be aggressive/conservative. Leaving points on the field, no situational awareness.

My ******* balls. I truly hope this is one of those slumps that helps congeal the next great team in the league, and not what we'll be suffering the next 2-3 years.

There isnt that much talent. Stop drafting defense every year would be a start. Have we ever made a good 2nd round pick?

No. 

Back when we drafted Geno, I pulled data going back over a decade to illustrate that we basically have a 100% "wasted pick" rate on 2nd rounders, to basically make the argument that in order for Geno to be a good pick based on past Jets standards, he just needs to stick on the roster for a couple years. At the time, I didn't expect him to start right away, nor did I expect him to be our only options for 2 years. Also, my data didn't factor in face punches.

Chan Gailey was washed up 5 years ago

Who saw the Bills when Gailey was the head coach and Fitz the QB and was like, "Damn, let's get some of that high powered offense up in here." How could you bring these two in and think it was going to be anything, but bad?

SHOCKER! It's a replay of the Bills season. Fitz starts out hot and then the league remember it's Ryan Fitzpatrick and he sucks. At least the Jets didn't give a new contract after the hot start

Who saw the Bills when Gailey was the head coach and Fitz the QB and was like, "Damn, let's get some of that high powered offense up in here." How could you bring these two in and think it was going to be anything, but bad?

SHOCKER! It's a replay of the Bills season. Fitz starts out hot and then the league remember it's Ryan Fitzpatrick and he sucks. At least the Jets didn't give a new contract after the hot start

Dude, Fitz was supposed to have been our backup.  Then came the punch...

I guess it could be worse...

We could be one of these teams with an actual QB that is sh*tting the bed just as much as we are, like the Falcons, Packers, Chargers, Ravens or Saints. 

We could have had the reality set in over the holidays. Given that it's taken place over the past few weeks, I should be good and over it in time to enjoy the holidays with friends and family.

I'm sure I have enough frequent flyer miles to leave the country for a couple days during SB weekend, but will I be able to stay away long enough to miss the Patriots parade too?

This team. I can't believe this is the same football team from the first quarter of the season. I went from watching a respectable team scrap their way through games, pushing their opponents around, to a team that read their press clippings after a month, and has never recovered from almost beating the Patriots.

The past 5 weeks, or so, it has been the same thing each week: Show up flat, show no sense of urgency on either side of the ball, execute poorly, then make a last ditch effort to steal the win back, only to be outdone by half-brained, self-destructive stupidity.

Defense can't cover or tackle, so when they have the chance to get off the field on their own, they can't. Sometimes they show up in the 4th quarter, like today, and create a situation where it's too little, too late. It's the opposite of Rex's defense which would play great the first 3 quarters, then chicken out in the 4th. 

Offense can't execute, is horribly predictable, cannot sustain drives and help keep our defense off the field either. The WRs can't hold onto passes that hit them in the hands in clutch moments, or the QB can't get the ball anywhere close to them on routine early-down plays. I don't know what the **** happened to the running game, but it sucks too.

Specials teams is a joke.

Physicality is a joke. Everyone is hurt. Most of these guys handle contact like it didn't occur to them that it was part of the game. 

The coaching is a real concern. Worst instinct I've seen in a while regarding when to, and not to, be aggressive/conservative. Leaving points on the field, no situational awareness.

My ******* balls. I truly hope this is one of those slumps that helps congeal the next great team in the league, and not what we'll be suffering the next 2-3 years.

Throw 10 Mil a year at Harbaugh all of this changes :) Its time to stop guessing on coordinators and go break the bank on a proven commodity ...Probably a pipe dream but another guess at the helm wont cut it anymore

Bowles Calmness is just as annoying as Rex's loudmoth

Throw 10 Mil a year at Harbaugh all of this changes :) Its time to stop guessing on coordinators and go break the bank on a proven commodity ...Probably a pipe dream but another guess at the helm wont cut it anymore

Bowles Calmness is just as annoying as Rex's loudmoth

I could give two ****s about calm vs. brash.

The exercise of comparing the differences of these coaches is for mental fapping. The concern with these coaches, and the thing that makes Rex and Bowles the same, is that they don't learn from their mistakes, are pretty terrible with in-game situational decisions, bring a flat team out on game day far too often, and they seem loyal to the point where it is a detriment to the team.

The exercise of comparing the differences of these coaches is for mental fapping. The concern with these coaches, and the thing that makes Rex and Bowles the same, is that they don't learn from their mistakes, are pretty terrible with in-game situational decisions, bring a flat team out on game day far too often, and they seem loyal to the point where it is a detriment to the team.

and just like the Ravens when Rex left , the Cardinals have not missed a beat without Bowles...I'm still holding out hope that he will learn but that concerned me about Rex early on as well.

that too .

I'm finding it hard at this stage to come up with anything positive Bowles has done.

The concern with these coaches, and the thing that makes Rex and Bowles the same, is that they don't learn from their mistakes, are pretty terrible with in-game situational decisions, bring a flat team out on game day far too often, and they seem loyal to the point where it is a detriment to the team.

BEST POINT of the DAY

Sorry but Bowles = Rex Ryan. Actually he seems even more clueless. I really wanted them to get an offensive minded coach for a change. Still the same garbage on offense. We haven't had an offensive minded HC since Kotite

Parcells was more balanced than he gets credit for.

that too .

I'm finding it hard at this stage to come up with anything positive Bowles has done.

He hasn't done anything positive. I hope everyone is happy the circus has left town. At least that was entertaining. This is a total boring  cluster fk 

I think Bowles has done a good job of developing the secondary players like Pryor, Williams and Gilchrist, but we come out flat way too often. Turnovers have significantly decreased from the beginning of the season. Though five a game is unrealistic, we definitely have the ability to force the likes of TJ Yates get rattled and make mistakes.  Points in this league are much easier to come by, but some of our players looked foolish out there today. 

He hasn't done anything positive. I hope everyone is happy the circus has left town. At least that was entertaining. This is a total boring  cluster fk 

Rex sucked and had the audacity to try and sell fans a Mercedes, then drove up in a hoop-dee, and every time he bottomed out on a pothole he blamed the guys in the backseat, the schmuck that pumped his gas for him, or Henry Ford himself.

Just because people are talking about Bowles imperfections, doesn't mean anyone is longing for Rex.

and just like the Ravens when Rex left , the Cardinals have not missed a beat without Bowles...I'm still holding out hope that he will learn but that concerned me about Rex early on as well.

To be fair, the Cardinals were missing a lot of their stud players when Bowles was their coach. 

I think Bowles has done a good job of developing the secondary players like Pryor, Williams and Gilchrist, but we come out flat way too often. Turnovers have significantly decreased from the beginning of the season. Though five a game is unrealistic, we definitely have the ability to force the likes of TJ Yates get rattled and make mistakes.  Points in this league are much easier to come by, but some of our players looked foolish out there today. 

Fundamentals are weak too.

Today, for instance, one of the Houston WRs make a sideline catch. Instead of Skrine making a play on the ball - he just shouldered him out of bounds. Skrine got there a little too late to make it a contested catch, but he was there with enough time and proximity to meat the WR on his way down (from a leaping catch) and should have come over the top of his arms chopping down. Worst case, he makes a proper tackling by wrapping him up. Best case, he racks the WRs arms and jars the ball loose for an incompletion. 

It's hard, watching other teams sh*tty scrub DBs do this to our WRs all the time. Then our DBs, other than Revis, just shoulder receivers. Instead of wrapping them up, and attacking their arms on contact to disrupt the catch/control/possession. 

This is partially execution, but largely coaching. Beat this into their heads until they know not to do anything else.

fitz has NEVER won and hes not starting this year. bowles is VERY inexperienced and is making  very bad calls......playing O and D very conservatively....very predictable play calling........= not enough to win in nfl.  fQB change is a must win or lose...stick with fitz=going down with the ship

Rex sucked and had the audacity to try and sell fans a Mercedes, then drove up in a hoop-dee, and every time he bottomed out on a pothole he blamed the guys in the backseat, the schmuck that pumped his gas for him, or Henry Ford himself.

Just because people are talking about Bowles imperfections, doesn't mean anyone is longing for Rex.

Bowles imperfections are the same minus the drama which was precisely my point - same sh!t just less entertaining 

I think bowles is putting the team to sleep in a way.  he is so damned quiet and low key.

I don't see any urgency, fire, desire, passion, intensity

the QB will get all the blame, but the whole team laid an egg when they really needed to show up

Archived