Dear Woody Johnson open up the vault hire a real NFL coach

joewilly12

OK who is the answer for the Jets head coaching job,who would you like to see hired? Atlanta looks like they're doing well with Dan Quinn Huh? Ryan Fitzpatrick is our quarterback do you not know that,   Granted  that our defense hasn't been that great but give the guy a break he  hasn't even been on the job a year it's people like you that make me crazy who want to fire coaches everywhere year or every two years and have no answers of who should replace them.   So tell me who should have we hired give me an answer please.

The coaching staff looks lost. It's not a crazy thread. We have first timers everywhere besides Gailey(who sucks).

I will not badmouth Bowles. But when even troglydites like Buttle are saying you have to pass the ball effectively to win Chan Gailey is a disaster of a hire. Unimaginative, old, undynamic, establish the run hack. Get someone here with some balls and a clue. Or then in fact Bowles is that bad. 

I will not badmouth Bowles. But when even troglydites like Buttle are saying you have to pass the ball effectively to win Chan Gailey is a disaster of a hire. Unimaginative, old, undynamic, establish the run hack. Get someone here with some balls and a clue. Or then in fact Bowles is that bad. 

Maybe it's just because the Pats are in our division....but they are lightyears ahead of everyone. Brady throws 5 yard passes all game...but they simply dont make mistakes. Every unit gets the job done. Gailey vs Belichick I mean come on...

I cant stand him but the trophy should be renamed after Belichick...he owns the league.

No doubt the coaching staff had bad day, but calling for the HC to be fired is still a ridiculous idea.  However, for the first time this year I believe a QB change is needed.  We are 5-5, teams keying on the run, therefore I would take a chance and start Geno to see if he can loosen things up, ignite the offense and see if there is any reason to bring him back next season.

Parcells was 3-12 and 9-7 his 1st two years with the Giants. I'm pissed off. BUT Bowles will get better. I think he's the right guy for the job and hopefully will be here for a long time. Gailey has to go next year. I just want to see more coaching on the sideline from Bowles. I thought this guy was a teacher.

One of the great mistakes bad football teams make, is to fire qbs and headcoaches too soon.  These things take time.

The big mistake the Jets have made, is the Schizophrenic policy we've had to team building.  Itzik went into rebuild mode, and did well clearing cap space.  His drafting was terrible, but thats the right way to build a good franchise and the way its almost always been.

Of course the results were poor in rebuild mode, but then we went out and spent a ton of money in free agency.  A ton of money that is obviously not paying off.  Sorry but Revis is not worth the contract we've given him, nor is Cromartie, Decker, Marshall and so forth.  Especially since its completely obvious that you only go for those types of FA when you feel like you can legitimately win a superbowl (which we cannot do with our qb situation).  

Now we are going to be in cap hell for the next few years, we won't have enough money to pay our good young players (we'll have choices to make with Mo and things like that) and worse, we're good enough that we're not going to have top 10 draft picks.

It's just the curse of mediocrity, bad cap management and not having the patience to rebuild properly..  Very predictable really, and I do blame a lot of this on the owner.

One of the great mistakes bad football teams make, is to fire qbs and headcoaches too soon.  These things take time.

The big mistake the Jets have made, is the Schizophrenic policy we've had to team building.  Itzik went into rebuild mode, and did well clearing cap space.  His drafting was terrible, but thats the right way to build a good franchise and the way its almost always been.

Of course the results were poor in rebuild mode, but then we went out and spent a ton of money in free agency.  A ton of money that is obviously not paying off.  Sorry but Revis is not worth the contract we've given him, nor is Cromartie, Decker, Marshall and so forth.  Especially since its completely obvious that you only go for those types of FA when you feel like you can legitimately win a superbowl (which we cannot do with our qb situation).  

Now we are going to be in cap hell for the next few years, we won't have enough money to pay our good young players (we'll have choices to make with Mo and things like that) and worse, we're good enough that we're not going to have top 10 draft picks.

It's just the curse of mediocrity, bad cap management and not having the patience to rebuild properly..  Very predictable really, and I do blame a lot of this on the owner.

I don't believe we are in cap hell next season. Other than Revis, Mac gave virtually no guaranteed money past this season.

Archived