It's not worth my time

Jetster

I've been a Jet fan for longer than I want to admit at this point. I've been a loyal fan, going to a few games even though I live 4 states away. I've endured Kotite, Coslet, Hermie, all of them. I've endured Hess, Steve Guttman, Pat Kirwin, Terry Bradway, John Idzik.

NFL football, the way it's constructed in 2015 is absolutely unwatchable without a real QB! I'm tired as a Jet fan losing to every Tom, Dick & Harry 2nd & 3rd string QB, that got up off their couch. The idea that we have all of these 1st round picks on defense, spent a gazillion dollars on a new secondary, and still lose to a guy that wasn't even playing f*cking football this year tells me every f*cking thing that I need to know about my team, it's QB, it's new coach & the direction we're going in. We've lost 4 out of 5 of our last 9 games so we're definitely trending in the WRONG DIRECTION. So I'm done. I'll still check on the scores, do the fantasy football thing, but does it really matter at this point whether we win or lose the next 6 games? Does it? I refuse to put any IMPORTANCE on the next Jet game like I have in the past, skipping out on things on Sundays. Until we find a QB, I can find SO many more enjoyable things to do with my Sundays than let this mediocre football team without a semblance of getting better, with a multitude of overpaid players on the downside of their careers (Revis, Brick, Mangold, Breno, Harris, Cromartie, Pace) along with horrible young high draft picks, (Geno Smith, Devin Smith, Milliner), plus our best player who basically is a criminal thug (Richardson) ruin my Sundays. None of it matters until we find a capable QB. When Mac can find that guy at least I can tune back in with some realistic sense that we have a chance every year to make hay in the tournament. Until then this whole Jet fan thing is just a waste of energy, depressing, frustrating & truthfully, the Jets organization doesnt deserve us, we've been some of the best fans in football & completely deserve a team that plays competent football for 60 minutes just ONCE, but we can't even get that.

Im out, enjoy the rest of the season. I hope to talk to all of you hopefully someday when we trot out a real QB onto the field. Let's pray that Petty turns out to be our Brett Favre. It's been way too long.

I've been a Jet fan for longer than I want to admit at this point. I've been a loyal fan, going to a few games even though I live 4 states away. I've endured Kotite, Coslet, Hermie, all of them. I've endured Hess, Steve Guttman, Pat Kirwin, Terry Bradway, John Idzik.

NFL football, the way it's constructed in 2015 is absolutely unwatchable without a real QB! I'm tired as a Jet fan losing to every Tom, Dick & Harry 2nd & 3rd string QB, that got up off their couch. The idea that we have all of these 1st round picks on defense, spent a gazillion dollars on a new secondary, and still lose to a guy that wasn't even playing f*cking football this year tells me every f*cking thing that I need to know about my team, it's QB, it's new coach & the direction we're going in. We've lost 4 out of 5 of our last 9 games so we're definitely trending in the WRONG DIRECTION. So I'm done. I'll still check on the scores, do the fantasy football thing, but does it really matter at this point whether we win or lose the next 6 games? Does it? I'm refuse to put any IMPORTANCE on the next Jet game like I have in the past, skipping out on things on Sundays. Until we find a QB, I can find SO many more enjoyable things to do with my Sundays than let this mediocre football team without a semblance of getting better, with a multitude of overpaid players on the downside of their careers (Revis, Brick, Mangold, Breno, Harris, Cromartie, Pace) along with horrible young high draft picks, (Geno Smith, Devin Smith, Milliner), plus our best player who basically is a criminal thug (Richardson). None of it matters until we find a capable QB. When Mac can find that guy at least I can tune in with some realistic sense that we have a chance every year to make hay in the tournament. Until then this whole Jet fan thing is just a waste of energy, depressing, frustrating & truthfully, the Jets organization doesnt deserve us, we've been some of the best fans in football & completely deserve a team that plays competent football for 60 minutes just ONCE, but we can't even get that.

Im out, enjoy the rest of the season. I hope to talk to all of you hopefully someday when we trot out a real QB onto the field. Let's pray that Petty turns out to be our Brett Favre. It's been way too long.

That is some quality ranting. Hard to disagree with. I am not going that far and  bailing on Bowles; it's too early. But for chrissakes the idea this offense is this backward in the 2015 NFL is embarrassing beyond belief. If you're gonna hire a defense-oriented coach, for phvkc's sake have a gung ho OC with a clue.

NFL football, the way it's constructed in 2015 is absolutely unwatchable without a real QB! I'm tired as a Jet fan losing to every Tom, Dick & Harry 2nd & 3rd string QB, that got up off their couch. The idea that we have all of these 1st round picks on defense, spent a gazillion dollars on a new secondary, and still lose to a guy that wasn't even playing f*cking football this year tells me every f*cking thing that I need to know about my team, it's QB, it's new coach & the direction we're going in. We've lost 4 out of 5 of our last 9 games so we're definitely trending in the WRONG DIRECTION. So I'm done. I'll still check on the scores, do the fantasy football thing, but does it really matter at this point whether we win or lose the next 6 games? Does it? I'm refuse to put any IMPORTANCE on the next Jet game like I have in the past, skipping out on things on Sundays. Until we find a QB, I can find SO many more enjoyable things to do with my Sundays than let this mediocre football team without a semblance of getting better, with a multitude of overpaid players on the downside of their careers (Revis, Brick, Mangold, Breno, Harris, Cromartie, Pace) along with horrible young high draft picks, (Geno Smith, Devin Smith, Milliner), plus our best player who basically is a criminal thug (Richardson). None of it matters until we find a capable QB. When Mac can find that guy at least I can tune in with some realistic sense that we have a chance every year to make hay in the tournament. Until then this whole Jet fan thing is just a waste of energy, depressing, frustrating & truthfully, the Jets organization doesnt deserve us, we've been some of the best fans in football & completely deserve a team that plays competent football for 60 minutes just ONCE, but we can't even get that.

See you next Sunday :)

See you next Sunday :)

No seriously, I'm done. I even told my wife, until the Jets get a competent QB, my Sundays are free for better things. Younger guys wouldn't understand but older fans completely get it, life's too short.

No seriously, I'm done. I even told my wife, until the Jets get a competent QB, my Sundays are free for better things. Younger guys wouldn't understand but older fans completely get it, life's too short.

I have been there longer 1960 Titans but I understand your frustration.. ;)

Long timer here as well, and I too am done for this  season. I guess  the great start got us hoping that this team was playoff bound. IT'S NOW OBVIOUS THAT THIS TEAM SIMPLY ISN'T READY FOR PRIME TIME.  The team looks old and isn't displaying any sense  of creativity when the sh*the is hitting  the fan. Bowles needs to mature and needs to realize  that there  are too many passengers on this squad. I'll watch the rest of the year, but I have ZERO anticipation of a playoff  appearance. On to next year and let's hope we pick up a real QB in the off season.

Don't get me wrong, I comend Fitz'so grittyness, but he's nothing but a .500 QB....which is still better than Geno.but now that they've  lost 4 outta 5, I hate to say it, but it's time to go back toGeno.

Long timer here as well, and I too am done for this  season. I guess  the great start got us hoping that this team was playoff bound. IT'S NOW OBVIOUS THAT THIS TEAM SIMPLY ISN'T READY FOR PRIME TIME.  The team looks old and isn't displaying any sense  of creativity when the sh*the is hitting  the fan. Bowles needs to mature and needs to realize  that there  are too many passengers on this squad. I'll watch the rest of the year, but I have ZERO anticipation of a playoff  appearance. On to next year and let's hope we pick up a real QB in the off season.

Don't get me wrong, I comend Fitz'so grittyness, but he's nothing but a .500 QB....which is still better than Geno.but now that they've  lost 4 outta 5, I hate to say it, but it's time to go back toGeno.

Fitz is great at what he was signed to do be the backup..

Old timer here as well 52 going on 22 love the game of football love the Jets week after week its an emotional and physical let down i bleed Jets green if it isn't the coach its the QB winning is nice but we aren't even competitive.....46 years and counting.....yes it sucks to be a Jets fan 

For the record I hate Fitzpatrick the guy sucks ass

Old timer here as well 52 going on 22 love the game of football love the Jets week after week its an emotional and physical let down i bleed Jets green if it isn't the coach its the QB wining is nice but we aren't even competitive.....45 years and counting.....yes it sucks to be a Jets fan 

I have a jersey close to that age..LOL

I have been there longer 1960 Titans but I understand your frustration.. ;)

It's actually very disappointing how bad the overall focus is on this team. Players have to make plays but Bowles doesn't get close to these players best out of them, it's pretty scary how undisciplined they are, making mistake after mistake on similar plays. The game plans have been horribly vanilla without an iota of creativity. It might not be Bowles demeaner to show frustration but F*ck that! Parcells would be giving these receivers an earful for all of these drops. Here we all are again mired in mediocrity, a Jet trait. Does everyone think Ron Rivera is a great coach? Lol! Cam Newton makes him look like a combination of Paul Brown & Belichick, you know that Belichick guy who god knows how he keeps winning with that HOF fame Quarterback.

It's actually very disappointing how bad the overall focus is on this team. Players have to make plays but Bowles doesn't get close to these players best out of them, it's pretty scary how undisciplined they are, making mistake after mistake on similar plays. The game plans have been horribly vanilla without an iota of creativity. It might not be Bowles demeaner to show frustration but F*ck that! Parcells would be giving these receivers an earful for all of these drops. Here we all are again mired in mediocrity, a Jet trait. Does everyone think Ron Rivera is a great coach? Lol! Cam Newton makes him look like a combination of Paul Brown & Belichick, you know that Belichick guy who god knows how he keeps winning with that HOF fame Quarterback.

You sound like what Mike Westoff and the others said on the postgame show and I agree as well..

Can't say I'm an old timer. I haven't seen as much pain as you guys so I'm in no position to leave for the season. That day will come sure enough, but not yet for me. With that said, today felt like we lost buy 50 not 7. The fact that our defense struggled against a guy named TJ Yates. To think we couldn't complete a pass against an injured secondary. Jets never win "must win games" I've been a guy who nonstop reads about the Jets every day of the week, watches all the interviews from players to coaches to coordinators. I don't think my frustrations will allow me to do that this week, I'll just not think about it as much and wait for Sunday's. If we're gonna win anymore games this year, please, let's beat Miami. 

NFL football, the way it's constructed in 2015 is absolutely unwatchable without a real QB! I'm tired as a Jet fan losing to every Tom, Dick & Harry 2nd & 3rd string QB, that got up off their couch. The idea that we have all of these 1st round picks on defense, spent a gazillion dollars on a new secondary, and still lose to a guy that wasn't even playing f*cking football this year tells me every f*cking thing that I need to know about my team, it's QB, it's new coach & the direction we're going in. We've lost 4 out of 5 of our last 9 games so we're definitely trending in the WRONG DIRECTION. So I'm done. I'll still check on the scores, do the fantasy football thing, but does it really matter at this point whether we win or lose the next 6 games? Does it? I refuse to put any IMPORTANCE on the next Jet game like I have in the past, skipping out on things on Sundays. Until we find a QB, I can find SO many more enjoyable things to do with my Sundays than let this mediocre football team without a semblance of getting better, with a multitude of overpaid players on the downside of their careers (Revis, Brick, Mangold, Breno, Harris, Cromartie, Pace) along with horrible young high draft picks, (Geno Smith, Devin Smith, Milliner), plus our best player who basically is a criminal thug (Richardson) ruin my Sundays. None of it matters until we find a capable QB. When Mac can find that guy at least I can tune back in with some realistic sense that we have a chance every year to make hay in the tournament. Until then this whole Jet fan thing is just a waste of energy, depressing, frustrating & truthfully, the Jets organization doesnt deserve us, we've been some of the best fans in football & completely deserve a team that plays competent football for 60 minutes just ONCE, but we can't even get that.

Brother..where art though.  I'm golfing next Sunday.  Fukk this.  

Funny thing the team leading the league in drops is the Texans even the Pats and Giants have more drops then the Jets..  

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

Doubt the other teams' drops have been as critical...Marshall's the main culprit, Smith is catching up fast, though...There have been at least 3 dropped easy TDs and others that have turned into INTs, missed third and fourth down conversions and lost games... We could be at least 8-2 possibly 9-1 if you make the catch on these crucial ones. Life as a Jet fan...

The thing that really hurts is that Fitz looked like he was the only damn guy on the team that gave a crap today.We have zero leaders on this team, but we are loaded with over paid quitters. I wish these bastards cared half as much as we do. They can all go to hell.

Ditto! This team should be ashamed of themselves for that performance today! It was really unwatchable. And f*ck u Mo & your agent, you got to see a player on the other side that DESERVES every penny he gets.

Sheldon Richardson got to see why Jet fans tell him to STFU! Saying Mo deserves Watt money,lol, blasphemy! Freaking idiots all of them. I don't even like this team! Marshall "Alligator arms" one handing a pass he could have easily caught with BOTH hands, Eric "mr 5/50" Decker, Jeremy "remember my shimmy on that 1 TD?" Kerley, Devin "another 2nd round bust" Smith, Debrickshaw  "Can't run behind me" Ferguson, Nick "I get fatter every year" Mangold, Jace "you'll never see me play" Amaro, Antonio "thanks for the 7 million" Cromartie, Marcus "I can't tackle" Williams, Damario "bad angle" Davis, Darelle "I can't believe they gave me QB money at my age" Revis, Breno "I push everyone after the play is over" Giacomini, Sheldon "I'm the best defender when I'm not suspended" Richardson, Mo "I want Watt money" Wilkerson.

This team is not likable! Our backup (Geno Smith) to our backup (Fitzy) is an immature baby. I can't stand watching them anymore, they come out flat & look uninterested. Well I'm just as uninterested now.

Old timer here too! 1960 Titans. I refuse to throw in the towel on this season for now because I believe the net six games will tell us what kind of Head Coach we have. How he handles adversity will determine if he can succeed in the NFL. Can he right the ship, keep the p;ayers motivated, correct his coaching mistakes etc. If the players quit and they lose most of the remaining games because he doesn't put them in position to win etc. He should be let go but I think he will get another year. I also believe some of our veteran players who think they are indispensable should be cut or traded. Some of them don't play every down and loaf and I believe they are a bad influence on the young players. The D and O Lines are under performing week in and week out. No real leaders among the veterans, no heart and no sense of urgency. Actions speak louder than words. 

Archived