Start Geno

drdetroit

Based on the standings, the Jets aren't eliminated and therefore not tanked. Seems pretty straightforward. 

You are correct the season is not over yet but they obviously have little room for error. This is the first time I have felt this way this season, I would start Geno next week against Miami. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is true, then this coaching staff isnt fit to be successful. If you've moved on from a player, then get him off your team and fill in that roster spot with someone who you're willing to play. 

That's retarded. Geno is cheap and knows the system while Petty should be nowhere near the starting job if Fitz happens to go down. Geno is probably gone next year though, with us making a move for Kaepernick/drafting a qb.

Personally I have seen all of Geno Smith that I want to see. I don't think he gives the Jets a better chance to win. Better play calling and adjustments by OC would go a long way toward making Fitzpatrick look like the guy we liked five games in. That and WR's making the damn catch. Marshall is looking pretty ordinary by supposed superstar status. Smith has gator arms and is soft as tissue paper. Decker is still a solid option when they run plays for him. Gailey is in love with Smith's speed and potential, but Smith needs to be benched until he decides if he really wants to be an NFL WR or not. 

If this is true, then this coaching staff isnt fit to be successful. If you've moved on from a player, then get him off your team and fill in that roster spot with someone who you're willing to play. 

you know what. it just doesn't matter.  they both suck. 

I can see Fitz getting about two more starts TOPS

But after that, and you can hate on Geno all you want, you have to let him start and see if there is ANYTHING there worth saving.  I doubt he could ever be a #1, but you need to see if he is worth keeping at all as a backup.  Within two games, you are playing for next season. 

You will need to play Dakota Dozier some, maybe even Jarvis Harrison.  Mauldin should be starting within two games.

They have to find this out once and for all.  It wouldn't even hurt to play Petty near the end of the season just to give him a taste and see how he holds up.

I can't watch Geno again.

For real.  I'm already pissed over another loss and now people want to make me watch Geno again.  At least Fitz makes it fun for a little while before we collapse.  There's nothing fun about watching Geno play.  Just a lot of moments of fear when he drops back to pass.

Lets just hope the season isn't already lost, fitz tried his best and I respect him for his effort but it's clear that he's just not good enough. It's time to evaluate the rest of the QB's and see what we've got. There's a chance that none of these players will be on the roster next season so you might as well find out, maybe we can build up a little trade value there

Finally others see what needs to be done this team is going nowhere with Fitzpatrick he's a journeyman BUM lets see what Geno can do if he fails when the season ends we part ways with both them. 

Yes but the question is,  who do you get?  There's not any seasoned QB's that are available.  You already have a good rookie with Petty.  He just needs training

Dont waste your time I'm willing to bet these Fitz supporters are growing beards just to be like him and using the excuse its no shave November. 

I'm growing my pubes out like his beard, then I'm going to name my dick Ryan, and then I'm going to punch it square in the face.

Yes but the question is,  who do you get?  There's not any seasoned QB's that are available.  You already have a good rookie with Petty.  He just needs training

petty might be a good rookie, but that is far from a sure thing. Every option has to be on the table for finding a QB 

petty might be a good rookie, but that is far from a sure thing. Every option has to be on the table for finding a QB 

You're right.  I just don;t see any available in the upcoming year at this point.    Seasoned QB's generally stay with their team.  However,  anything is possible.

If there's a time and a place to start Geno its against  the Dolphins in Miami.  

I thought after the bye was the time to do it.  Fitz had done his job well as a backup before defenses could figure out how to beat us w/him at QB.  Think Bowles decided to play it safe so he wouldn't take any heat for the tough choice of going back to Geno.  He's coaching scared.  

Would've been great then, but I'll take Geno now too.  At least there's still hope.  Switching to him once we're eliminated  (or damn near it) would be idiotic though.

Geno can start as soon as the Jets are eliminated from playoff contention. Seems like a fair way to tank the season. 

No, he would be starting at that point because your guy already ranked the season.  But playing an ineffective QB who is costing the team wins and a playoff spot is much better than seeing the guy you want sit. Stubbornness over a chance is somehow better.  

Fitzpatrick is a QB

Geno is a dumpster fire

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

And stupid line that you keep throwing out, as if it has any real meaning, ignores that Fitz is not a good QB or is winning games right now. 

I give up

The retards have won

Go Geno Jackass

Our new saviour

Congratulations on your victory SOJFs

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

So you've thoroughly enjoyed the last 4 out of 5 losses? It just amazes me how long this team will stick with loser QBs including Geno. At least Geno can throw an intermediate pass on a rope, I'm completely done watching Fitz. Fitz has everything you want in a QB except QB skills.

I can't believe our season has come down to this, fans wanting to start Geno Smith. I am no Fitz fan boy but if u want constant pick 6's, fumbles, disastrous  clock management, taking safeties in your own end zone, and an inability to read defenses than Geno is your guy. Have we forgotten the last game he came in for Fitz. 

Archived