Start Geno

drdetroit

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genos history as of now is that he threw 13 picks over the course of his entire season a year ago.  Thats without the benefit of better WRs and leads in games.  Fitz in 9 games is all of 2 behind that number with more talent.  Theres no way of saying he wouldnt have improved on his INT totals as he did from year 1 to year 2 in year 3.  

Those numbers are so skewed. In 4 of those games, Geno didn't even throw over 13 passes. Fitz has 322 attempts this season in 9+ games. Geno had 367 attempts in 14ish games. The quick math says Geno had 1 INT every 26 attempts, Fitz 1 every 29. So. Yeah. You're wrong because math. 

Those numbers are so skewed. In 4 of those games, Geno didn't even throw over 13 passes. Fitz has 322 attempts this season in 9+ games. Geno had 367 attempts in 14ish games. The quick math says Geno had 1 INT every 26 attempts, Fitz 1 every 29. So. Yeah. You're wrong because math. 

To be fair to opposing defenders, it's tough for anyone on the field to catch many of Fitz's throws.  So that may skew the INT numbers a bit as well.

Hey man, the worst thing a coach can do is lose the respect of his players. Even the media is saying it, which is interesting because usually the media goes out of control.

THE PLAYERS DONT BELIEVE IN HIM.

I don't know if that's true or not.  Could be though.  But did you see Marshall's postgame comments?  Really seemed like he was bursting at the seams to comment on how bad Fitz blows.

Even if the players want one guy to play, which again I'm not convinced of, ya can't let the inmates run the asylum.

I don't know if that's true or not.  Could be though.  But did you see Marshall's postgame comments?  Really seemed like he was bursting at the seams to comment on how bad Fitz blows.

Even if the players want one guy to play, which again I'm not convinced of, ya can't let the inmates run the asylum.

That's what sports is, due to high salaries and a sense of entitlement. Look at the NBA. PLayers can take themselves out of game without telling the coach. 

That's what sports is, due to high salaries and a sense of entitlement. Look at the NBA. PLayers can take themselves out of game without telling the coach. 

If Bowles is gonna bow to the players, he has failed before finishing his first season.  Again though, I don't think there's a ton of support for Fitz currently.  At least not anything that would cause a mutiny if Geno started.  In fact, pretty sure the WRs/RBs would welcome it.

If Bowles is gonna bow to the players, he has failed before finishing his first season.  Again though, I don't think there's a ton of support for Fitz currently.  At least not anything that would cause a mutiny if Geno started.  In fact, pretty sure the WRs/RBs would welcome it.

IN addition to that, I just don't know what Geno Smith has done in the past 2 years to prove that he can get this team to the playoffs. I know Fitz probably won't, but has Geno earned it

Marshall can't call anyone out but himself. He's a KILLER drop each and every game.

@CLoprestiWFAN: Brick asked if team still believes in Fitz: "That's never been a question. He's definitely our leader..." #NYJ

Posting uninformed with all of this technology is just silly. Do better. 

IN addition to that, I just don't know what Geno Smith has done in the past 2 years to prove that he can get this team to the playoffs. I know Fitz probably won't, but has Geno earned it

Geno was named the starter in training camp an injury took him out I understand Bowles stuck with the hot hand Fitzpatrick 4-1 but we are now 5-5 time to switch things up.

This will lead to opening a can of worms that's been discussed ad nauseum here.  Let's try to avoid that.  Simply, you either think Geno could still have potential or not.  Not gonna hate on anyone for thinking he's worthless.  I just don't happen to agree.

No reason not to give Geno a shot at this point.  Plenty of issues with this team but what is there to lose?  Fitz is older and a journeyman.  A good backup QB not meant to be a starter in this league. There's a reason he has played for 6 teams. 

The only reason fans love Fitzpatrick are 1. his beard and 2. he is not Geno Smith. 

Geno has been far from perfect but what do we have to lose?  He screwed up in the preseason and got his jaw broken.  His performance in Oakland was far from perfect but he also has no chemistry with some of the players since he never played in the preseason.  Why not give him a shot?  He has better arm strength than Fitzpatrick.  We already know what we have with Fitzpatrck.

@CLoprestiWFAN: Brick asked if team still believes in Fitz: "That's never been a question. He's definitely our leader..." #NYJ

Posting uninformed with all of this technology is just silly. Do better. 

You'd expect different?  If players were publicy speaking against the coach's decisions, then we'd be back to defcon "Circus".  Thankfully we're not there yet.  But any comments from players regarding the situation should be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the suggestion to do better.  But think I'm doing just fine.  The team however could use that advice.

A reason to bench Fitz is he might be cheaper to re-sign (assuming he'd re-sign with the most recent team to bench him, that is, instead of looking elsewhere). But since we don't have any per great options, he may still view the Jets as one of the few starting opportunities next year anyway. Could save millions next year re-signing him as a backup instead of as the returning starter. 

Not saying it's the best reason, or even that it's a good reason, but it's a reason. 

A reason to bench Fitz is he might be cheaper to re-sign (assuming he'd re-sign with the most recent team to bench him, that is, instead of looking elsewhere). But since we don't have any per great options, he may still view the Jets as one of the few starting opportunities next year anyway. Could save millions next year re-signing him as a backup instead of as the returning starter. 

Not saying it's the best reason, or even that it's a good reason, but it's a reason. 

Would he come back if he was benched? He could probably find a better backup QB job than here. 

Would he come back if he was benched? He could probably find a better backup QB job than here. 

I literally asked and answered that in the post you quoted.  

He could still see the Jets starting job as one of the shakier ones in the league, so #2 here isn't written in stone. His last contract (that he's still playing under) was also for backup money. I don't think there will be a long line - or even a short line - of teams looking to make him their starter.

I literally asked and answered that in the post you quoted.  

He could still see the Jets starting job as one of the shakier ones in the league, so #2 here isn't written in stone. His last contract (that he's still playing under) was also for backup money. I don't think there will be a long line - or even a short line - of teams looking to make him their starter.

You know your posts are too long to read the whole thing. 

Those numbers are what he did a year ago.  What Fitz is doing this year.  I said he's got almost as many picks, 11, as Geno had a year ago when he had 13.   Over the course of the season.  You cant say they're skewed.  Is there no end to the level of excuse making?  Its a first, ignore the season INT totals and talk about the number of passes thrown.  

Fitz has much better talent this year.  Fitz throws mostly short passes.  He throws INTs.  Carl makes excuses.  The INTs aren't really INTs.  He really isnt going to throw more INTs than Geno.  And if Geno had thrown more INTs over a season with more pass attempts we all know you would have dug up the totals and defended Geno.  LOL, you have to stop.  

You mean like win more games the last two seasons than Fitz?  Win more games in his rookie season than Fitz ever has in 10 seasons?

Once Fitz was given the job and played well at times I didnt want to see him out.  Even though I would love to see what Geno can do.  But lets not make it sound like Geno has to beat Unitas out for the job

Those numbers are what he did a year ago.  What Fitz is doing this year.  I said he's got almost as many picks, 11, as Geno had a year ago when he had 13.   Over the course of the season.  You cant say they're skewed.  Is there no end to the level of excuse making?  Its a first, ignore the season INT totals and talk about the number of passes thrown.  

Fitz has much better talent this year.  Fitz throws mostly short passes.  He throws INTs.  Carl makes excuses.  The INTs aren't really INTs.  He really isnt going to throw more INTs than Geno.  And if Geno had thrown more INTs over a season with more pass attempts we all know you would have dug up the totals and defended Geno.  LOL, you have to stop.  

I'm not making any excuses. If you want to talk numbers, we'll talk numbers except when they don't prove your point then let's go back to talking about excuses. You're right though. I should stop. Because it's embarrassing you. 

I'm not making any excuses. If you want to talk numbers, we'll talk numbers except when they don't prove your point then let's go back to talking about excuses. You're right though. I should stop. Because it's embarrassing you. 

It was nothing but an excuse.  

I made a simple comment.  Fits is only behind Genos INT total of a year ago.  

You had to find a way to in your mind make it understandable.  My statement was correct.  Both are, you made excuses, you think you've explained it away and Fitz has thrown a lot of INTS, will throw more than Geno, the INT machine did last season.

Kills you  

It was nothing but an excuse.  

I made a simple comment.  Fits is only behind Genos INT total of a year ago.  

You had to find a way to in your mind make it understandable.  My statement was correct.  Both are, you made excuses, you think you've explained it away and Fitz has thrown a lot of INTS, will throw more than Geno, the INT machine did last season.

Kills you  

Geno throws more interceptions per attempt last year than Fitz does this year. The numbers don't lie. I'm not sure what you don't understand. 

Archived