Start Geno

drdetroit

Geno throws more interceptions per attempt last year than Fitz does this year. The numbers don't lie. I'm not sure what you don't understand. 

keep telling yourself that it's not an excuse. 

What I understand is I made a simple comment.  Which was tight.  Your dissection of the INT numbers doesn't change a thing or make my original comment wrong.  For the season Fitz will throw more INTs.  You know the way QBs INT totals are always discussed.  

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keep telling yourself that it's not an excuse. 

What I understand is I made a simple comment.  Which was tight.  Your dissection of the INT numbers doesn't change a thing or make my original comment wrong.  For the season Fitz will throw more INTs.  You know the way QBs INT totals are always discussed.  

So a pitcher who gives up 3 runs in 5 innings is the same as a pitcher who gives up 3 runs in 8 innings? Is that what you're saying? Tell me you're not this dense. 

So a pitcher who gives up 3 runs in 5 innings is the same as a pitcher who gives up 3 runs in 8 innings? Is that what you're saying? Tell me you're not this dense. 

stop already.  What I'm saying everyone quotes a QBs INT totals for a year.  I compared them. You are making excuses to try and rationalize Fitz INT totals.  I made a simple statement.  Their INT totals for a season.  You're era pitching numbers are drastically different.  The number of INT numbers arent. Especially if you factor in the O and team are much better than a year ago.  But whatever makes you think Fitzs INT numbers are better.  That you're happy with more than one per game 

stop already.  What I'm saying everyone quotes a QBs INT totals for a year.  I compared them. You are making excuses to try and rationalize Fitz INT totals.  I made a simple statement.  Their INT totals for a season.  You're era pitching numbers are drastically different.  The number of INT numbers arent. Especially if you factor in the O and team are much better than a year ago.  But whatever makes you think Fitzs INT numbers are better.  That you're happy with more than one per game 

I think it's just silly mob mentality.  We've been hearing the ignorant "Geno is da worst evah" for a two years now.

Our offensive playbook is very limited by Fitz only being able to make a couple throws.  Teams have enough tape of us and have made adjustments so what worked weeks 1-4 isn't working now.  

It's not linear.

Admitting you're wrong is half the battle. You'll get there eventually. No where in any of my arguments did I say that I was happy with how Fitz has played recently. I'm not trying to "excuse" anything. All I am simply is saying is by the numbers, Geno threw more interceptions per attempt last season (14 games) than Fitz has per attempt this season (10ish games). If you truly want to compare the numbers just by the whole number on a whole season, you're not truly taking a look at reality of it. But continue on with your head in the sand.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they may be wrong and judging from the job they've done past 4-5 weeks their judgment ain't lookin good

talk to me at the end of the year.  They see this clown every day,we see him on the sideline for 3 hours but he's the guy.  Stop. If he showed a hint of promise he would have gotten a shot . He shows nothing.  It's Fitz for the rest of the year til we are mathematically eliminated, then and only then you'll see Petty.  Maybe. 

Those numbers are so skewed. In 4 of those games, Geno didn't even throw over 13 passes. Fitz has 322 attempts this season in 9+ games. Geno had 367 attempts in 14ish games. The quick math says Geno had 1 INT every 26 attempts, Fitz 1 every 29. So. Yeah. You're wrong because math. 

Ummmm, the math says that 13 ints in 367 pass attempts comes to one int per 28 attempts, not 26.  Which is about the same as Fitz' 29.  However, who goes home at the end of the game and says, it's alright he threw more picks, he also threw more passes? And last year, Geno had only Kerley and Decker, who was hurt most of the year, as NFL quality receivers.

Ummmm, the math says that 13 ints in 367 pass attempts comes to one int per 28 attempts, not 26.  Which is about the same as Fitz' 29.  However, who goes home at the end of the game and says, it's alright he threw more picks, he also threw more passes? And last year, Geno had only Kerley and Decker, who was hurt most of the year, as NFL quality receivers.

It was quick math, and the point is still valid.

The Jets had so little faith in Geno Smith last year, that they ran the ball against the Dolphins 50 times and still lost on a Geno pick.

I think it's just silly mob mentality.  We've been hearing the ignorant "Geno is da worst evah" for a two years now.

Our offensive playbook is very limited by Fitz only being able to make a couple throws.  Teams have enough tape of us and have made adjustments so what worked weeks 1-4 isn't working now.  

It's not linear.

Agreed.  I wanted to see Geno from the start, as the FO and CS envisioned the team until IK met Genos chin.  Happened, sucks, nothing you can do.  When Fitz was surprising most, was playing well, no one, at least I didnt, called for a switch, not sure I want to switch them right now but would be OK with whatever they do.  One particularly braindead Fitz lover claims I've made so many countless posts calling for Fitz to be benched so Geno can start that I'm trolling.  I would love to see him come up with a single post I've written saying that after week 1 and before halftime sunday.  Then there's the over the top excuse making, total BS and stroking themselves to tell us all the reasons why Fitz hasnt been bad, its really amusing.  I post that hes got 2 fewer picks in our 10 games than Geno had all year.  Gets an argument.  He has more/better weapons than we had a year ago, I get crickets.  Nothing.  

Fitz is a inaccurate passer who can only throw passes into a narrow window.  Every defense knows now that 99% of his passes are in that 5-20 yard range, at best.  Makes it really easy to play defense and play Decker and Marshall knowing this.  Its not rocket science if you know the game.  

It was quick math, and the point is still valid.

It's really not.  Your point is that Fitz was considerably better than Geno on interceptions per throw, and he isn't.  And you have to factor in WHO Fitz is throwing to and who Geno was throwing to.  Marshall has been messing up a little lately, but he was an absolute beast early in the season.  Geno had Kerley, who is having difficulty reaching the field this year, and a hurt Decker.

I normally don't care about spelling, grammar or quick math, but if you are going to make a math analysis your central point, you have to get it right.  Your math mistake put Fitz in a better light than he deserves.

Admitting you're wrong is half the battle. You'll get there eventually. No where in any of my arguments did I say that I was happy with how Fitz has played recently. I'm not trying to "excuse" anything. All I am simply is saying is by the numbers, Geno threw more interceptions per attempt last season (14 games) than Fitz has per attempt this season (10ish games). If you truly want to compare the numbers just by the whole number on a whole season, you're not truly taking a look at reality of it. But continue on with your head in the sand.

It's a part of the battle you dont seem to understand even though you wrote it.  I'll bet anything you want to bet that my original comment that Fitz has 11 Ints on his 9 games and Geno had 13 all of last season is right.  Thats what I wrote and youre telling me is wrong.  

Tell me the last time anyone quoted INT stats for a season when they compared QBs but reranked QBs because of attempts. Go ahead and knock yourself out.

You're coming up with negligible excuses when comparing a 11 year vets numbers to a 2 year players numbers.  With Fitz playing behind the better roster with more weapons and a more competent OC.  You're banking on a handful of fewer pass attempts up to now being relevant.  

That should tell you all you need to know about your boy.  

the blind fitz loyalists remind of the blind sanchez loyalists when at the point he was clearly a broken qb

the time to make the change is BEFORE we are eliminated from the playoffs not after

4 of 5 losses to some scrub teams and barely beating the sh*tty jaqs who at the time had not one a road game in about 1000 years

It's really not.  Your point is that Fitz was considerably better than Geno on interceptions per throw, and he isn't.  And you have to factor in WHO Fitz is throwing to and who Geno was throwing to.  Marshall has been messing up a little lately, but he was an absolute beast early in the season.  Geno had Kerley, who is having difficulty reaching the field this year, and a hurt Decker.

I normally don't care about spelling, grammar or quick math, but if you are going to make a math analysis your central point, you have to get it right.  Your math mistake put Fitz in a better light than he deserves.

That wasn't my point at all, so you've missed it entirely. I never said Fitz was considerably better. The topic was that Geno wouldn't throw as many INTs. I proved that he would, if not more. Not to mention, a few of Fitz' picks went right through Marshall's hands. And I'm sorry my quick calculations in my head were slightly off. Next time I'll bust out the calculator to confirm my point.

It's a part of the battle you dont seem to understand even though you wrote it.  I'll bet anything you want to bet that my original comment that Fitz has 11 Ints on his 9 games and Geno had 13 all of last season is right.  Thats what I wrote and youre telling me is wrong.  

Tell me the last time anyone quoted INT stats for a season when they compared QBs but reranked QBs because of attempts. Go ahead and knock yourself out.

You're coming up with negligible excuses when comparing a 11 year vets numbers to a 2 year players numbers.  With Fitz playing behind the better roster with more weapons and a more competent OC.  You're banking on a handful of fewer pass attempts up to now being relevant.  

That should tell you all you need to know about your boy.  

For the last time, I'm not coming up with excuses. I am just showing you your numbers are skewed. That's my point. I've proven it. Anything else being said by you doesn't matter for the conversation at hand. The fact that you don't think pass attempts factors into the amount of interceptions is just laughable. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer. It would be like comparing Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor and saying they're both elite because they both have under 5 interceptions on the season. There should always be context to support the numbers. Not just the numbers. Throwing blind numbers up at a wall is no way to prove a point.

Fitz is not "my boy" he's the QB of my favorite team, and the only one capable of being an NFL starter at this juncture. I've said multiple times that he needs to play better, but the team as a whole does too. I guess you've conveniently missed those posts. Do try to keep up.

It's not linear.

Except that by most metrics they measure QB's by he was worst to near worst in the league as a starter

I view this Qb vs QB issue as a net zero argument.

Fitz has a weaker arm, a bit less mobile but is a decent leader, smart, gets rid of the ball faster.

Geno has a better arm, is a bit more mobile but doesn't know when to use that mobility, has far worse pocket presence and is just as much of a turnover liability.

It does not matter who is the Qb for us, neither one is in the end going to be appreciably better at scoring points while protecting the ball.

This teams success is squarely tied to the play of it's defense and that has been the issue.  Let's point the finger at the area of the team that was supposed to be good rather than the part (QBing) we all knew was suspect all along.

the blind fitz loyalists remind of the blind sanchez loyalists when at the point he was clearly a broken qb

the time to make the change is BEFORE we are eliminated from the playoffs not after

4 of 5 losses to some scrub teams and barely beating the sh*tty jaqs who at the time had not one a road game in about 1000 years

Blind fitz loyalists, blind sanchez loyalists blind geno loyalists are all in the same boat, the jets don;t have and have not had a good QB for a while.

Both Geno and Fitz are not good QB's they both have major weaknesses and yet day after day we have our long ponderous threads about them.  We are not winning a thing with either one of them unless our high priced, high draft picked defense gets off it's lazy under aceivi9gn ass and starts playing as they are supposed to.  Switching between our QB's is like shuffling deck chairs on the titanic.

The prospects of fitz turning it around aren't great either, if you look at his career splits by month he becomes much more ineffective as the year goes on. I don't know if it's cold weather or fatigue but the drop off is pretty drastic

sept: 87.2 rating 

oct: 84.2

nov: 84.2 

dec: 69.4 rating with 25 TD/35 INT

That wasn't my point at all, so you've missed it entirely. I never said Fitz was considerably better. The topic was that Geno wouldn't throw as many INTs. I proved that he would, if not more. Not to mention, a few of Fitz' picks went right through Marshall's hands. And I'm sorry my quick calculations in my head were slightly off. Next time I'll bust out the calculator to confirm my point.

For the last time, I'm not coming up with excuses. I am just showing you your numbers are skewed. That's my point. I've proven it. Anything else being said by you doesn't matter for the conversation at hand. The fact that you don't think pass attempts factors into the amount of interceptions is just laughable. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer. It would be like comparing Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor and saying they're both elite because they both have under 5 interceptions on the season. There should always be context to support the numbers. Not just the numbers. Throwing blind numbers up at a wall is no way to prove a point.

Fitz is not "my boy" he's the QB of my favorite team, and the only one capable of being an NFL starter at this juncture. I've said multiple times that he needs to play better, but the team as a whole does too. I guess you've conveniently missed those posts. Do try to keep up.

The point never was that Geno would throw less INTs.  The point was for all the talk about Genos INT totals Fitz has thrown 2 less in 9 games.  Don't tell me what the point was, it was my point.  

The numbers arent skewed, your love of Fitz/hate of Geno is skewing your ability to just accept a simple truth.  You prove your homo again talking about a pass that went through Marshalls hands.  Think no INTs were off deflections last season?  Ever hear of anyones INT totals reduced because of deflected passes and or attempt totals?  Nope.  But I sure as shlt have heard that Eli Manning had more INTs than Sanchez over a 5 year span.  No one said Eli did it with more attempts.  So......, just you .  

And stop with the analogies, no one is comparing Tyrod to Rodgers.  Thats another ridiculous analogy.  We're comparing two mediocre QBs to each other, not a mediocre QB to a HOF QB.  

The point never was that Geno would throw less INTs.  The point was for all the talk about Genos INT totals Fitz has thrown 2 less in 9 games.  Don't tell me what the point was, it was my point.  

The numbers arent skewed, your love of Fitz/hate of Geno is skewing your ability to just accept a simple truth.  You prove your homo again talking about a pass that went through Marshalls hands.  Think no INTs were off deflections last season?  Ever hear of anyones INT totals reduced because of deflected passes and or attempt totals?  Nope.  But I sure as shlt have heard that Eli Manning had more INTs than Sanchez over a 5 year span.  No one said Eli did it with more attempts.  So......, just you .  

And stop with the analogies, no one is comparing Tyrod to Rodgers.  Thats another ridiculous analogy.  We're comparing two mediocre QBs to each other, not a mediocre QB to a HOF QB.  

Sigh. Enjoy the season.

Geno can start as soon as the Jets are eliminated from playoff contention. Seems like a fair way to tank the season. 

I would rather see Petty get his shot than go through the motions with Geno Smith. We all know what we get from him and it isn't much.

It's not linear.

What have you seen in Geno Smith that the rest of us are missing? Geno has had his chance and he blew it. Going back to him is an exercise in futility. Take an aspirin and lie down for awhile you are just suffering through 'backup QB syndrome' which is what happens when the starter struggles. Suddenly a guy you KNOW is a bum begins to look not so bad....then he gets in there and reminds you why you hated him in the first place.

What have you seen in Geno Smith that the rest of us are missing? Geno has had his chance and he blew it. Going back to him is an exercise in futility. Take an aspirin and lie down for awhile you are just suffering through 'backup QB syndrome' which is what happens when the starter struggles. Suddenly a guy you KNOW is a bum begins to look not so bad....then he gets in there and reminds you why you hated him in the first place.

exactly.  fitz may not be better than geno but even brick said he's become the leader of the offense.  this team needs leaders on offense, they haven't had one in a long time.  and fitz is grooming petty, there was a great article about that within the past week.  so maybe bowles/mccags see the present and future with fitz and petty and are just waiting the season to jettison geno and a few other guys.

Geno doesn't even pass for mediocre. He is awful. Game too fast for him. In his only action this season against NE he took TWO unnecessary sacks when he could have saved the play by throwing the ball away. Plus, like Augustiniak said, Fitzpatrick is a far better leader than Geno will ever be. Geno is a punk that got punked and will soon be an ex-Jet. Let Fitzy groom Petty for a year or so. Also, I don't think Fitz has played all that bad. Devin Smith dropped what would have been a sure TD and Marshall kind of sleep walked through it. Plus, Gailey didn't get Decker involved until the third quarter. 

This team is in the midst of a playoff race for a wild card spot so Petty will not see the field this year unless both get hurt.  This will be debated everyday of who should we go with Fitz or Geno.  

Fitz  was the starter for us through a 4-1 start.  He is the inspirational leader of the offense and is looked at as a leader.  Losing 3 out of 4, you get the feeling the players are still  100 percent behind him, especially when he goes flying into the endzone.  He is a fiery guy.

Geno has skills but hasn't proven to be a smart player.  I do not believe he can command the huddle at this point.  He looks too "cool" for himself. 

Geno doesn't even pass for mediocre. He is awful. Game too fast for him. In his only action this season against NE he took TWO unnecessary sacks when he could have saved the play by throwing the ball away. Plus, like Augustiniak said, Fitzpatrick is a far better leader than Geno will ever be. Geno is a punk that got punked and will soon be an ex-Jet. Let Fitzy groom Petty for a year or so. Also, I don't think Fitz has played all that bad. Devin Smith dropped what would have been a sure TD and Marshall kind of sleep walked through it. Plus, Gailey didn't get Decker involved until the third quarter. 

he saw no action vs NE.

you have not one iota of proof that either is a better leader.  

Get over the two pointless sacks he took.  Yes he should have thrown it away.  

Somehow stupid INTs, inaccurate passes and a chicken arm all make Fitz the QB for you this year and next.  Shoot me now with that prospect.  There is more of a chance that Geno is a Jet next than Fitz is our starter

History is littered with great leaders getting punched in locker rooms. I mean, why do you think George Washington had wooden teeth? Thomas Jefferson knocked them out! How many times was Napoleon punched before Waterloo? Bernie Williams must have slugged Derek Jeter hundreds of times over the years!

History is littered with great leaders getting punched in locker rooms. I mean, why do you think George Washington had wooden teeth? Thomas Jefferson knocked them out! How many times was Napoleon punched before Waterloo? Bernie Williams must have slugged Derek Jeter hundreds of times over the years!

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vampirediaries/images/3/38/50676-Tyrion-slaps-Joffrey-gif-JQqn.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151025193545

Archived