Start Geno until he loses, then Petty the rest of the way.

johnnyjet

when we lose the next game we are done if we are not already.  I know Geno is a zero, I have no faith at all, but give him one more shot, with a week of prep work and game planning.  Then when he loses to Miami, bench him and start Petty the rest of the way. If nothing else we move up in the draft.  Gawd this season went to crap.  FMJL. 

when we lose the next game we are done if we are not already.  I know Geno is a zero, I have no faith at all, but give him one more shot, with a week of prep work and game planning.  Then when he loses to Miami, bench him and start Petty the rest of the way. If nothing else we move up in the draft.  Gawd this season went to crap.  FMJL. 

The jets aren't going to play petty if he isn't ready just because geno smith makes you sad

This team has way more problems than QB. 

It's certainly time to get Geno in there, but this isn't all on Fitz.  Our receivers can't catch, our corners can't cover, our LB's get burned all the time and don't create a pass rush, the d-line can stop the run-but cause no problems in the passing game. 

Sad to say, this is once again a bad football team.  

Im getting more and more relaxed, now that there is a possibility that Fitz will be out soon and I wont have to see that "ONE" thread yet you saying the same thing in "every other thread" anymore. 

I think it's pretty clear that geno doesn't start ahead of fitz if fitz is healthy. Based on what the coaches are saying, at least. 

This team has way more problems than QB. 

It's certainly time to get Geno in there, but this isn't all on Fitz.  Our receivers can't catch, our corners can't cover, our LB's get burned all the time and don't create a pass rush, the d-line can stop the run-but cause no problems in the passing game. 

Sad to say, this is once again a bad football team.  

agreed except williams was a beast yesterday.  but the lbs suck so it makes it easier for crappy qbs to find the rbs and tes.  are coples, pace and davis the worst combo of lbs in the nfl?

I cant disagree with this^^^ 

Thats a sensible statement. With that said though, just because a coaching staff does something doesnt mean that its the correct thing to do. 

even if the coaching staff things the qbs are virtually even, you have fitz who has all the respect in the locker room who is playing through injury/surgery and then you have geno who the locker room really didn't defense when he got clocked.  that's the problem bowles has, he can't lose the locker room by benching a qb for another qb who has only shown he sucks.  maybe if marshall and smith could catch there wouldn't be a decision to make.

I want allllllll the Geno supporters to think about this and answer, why won't the coaching staff put Geno in?

Because they probably think they can win with Fitz. 

Now all of the Fitz supporters (really anti-Geno crowd) think about this and answer....

When has any coach EVER been right when thinking that Fitz would win them more games? And please, point me to that particular season when you find it. lol. 

even if the coaching staff things the qbs are virtually even, you have fitz who has all the respect in the locker room who is playing through injury/surgery and then you have geno who the locker room really didn't defense when he got clocked.  that's the problem bowles has, he can't lose the locker room by benching a qb for another qb who has only shown he sucks.  maybe if marshall and smith could catch there wouldn't be a decision to make.

We dont know whats going on in the locker room outside of those guys in the locker room losing football games together. 

Best CHANCE to win.  So no chance in their eyes with Geno.  We are not winning the Super Bowl with either guy. We need another QB. They are starting a QB that just had surgery over a 100% healthy Geno .  That to me says it all.  I don't want to speculate on what the rest of the team thinks of Geno but I'm pretty sure he is a non entity.  

Best CHANCE to win.  So no chance in their eyes with Geno.  We are not winning the Super Bowl with either guy. We need another QB. They are starting a QB that just had surgery over a 100% healthy Geno .  That to me says it all.  I don't want to speculate on what the rest of the team thinks of Geno but I'm pretty sure he is a non entity.  

But I think you have to speculate on that.  Geno was the starter before the whole jawbreaker episode.  Now no one wants to touch him with a 10 foot pole.  I think the players turned on him in the locker room, and I think the absolute atrocity of having zero situational awareness in the end of the one game he did play cost him any favor he may have had with coaching.  Geno's time here is over, if they pull Fitz it's going to be at the end of the year when they are mathematically out of it so they can give Petty reps without much pressure.

The Jets are far from done, even if they look terrible right now.  Hell buffalo as it stands now is in a wild card and they are going to get shelled vs the pats this eve.

Geno had a shot to do something really good in his one game and give the staff a reason to actually consider it but he was the same ole Geno.

Geno is not playing unless Fitz gets hurt, that is apparent.  As for Petty, in no way shape or form should he play at all this year until maybe a get feet wet last game or so.  Have some patience for gods sakes.

I want allllllll the Geno supporters to think about this and answer, why won't the coaching staff put Geno in?

why does the coaching staff refuse the play Kerley?

why does the coaching staff keep trotting out Cro - and leaving him in single coverage?

why does the coaching staff still give Mauldin limited reps?

why does the coaching staff refuse the play Kerley?

why does the coaching staff keep trotting out Cro - and leaving him in single coverage?

why does the coaching staff still give Mauldin limited reps?

Because Kerley isn't very good.

Because Cro may give up plays, but right now he is the second best corner on this team. Williams makes him look like LT out there.

Because Mauldin is green, and does one thing..and that one thing he is just meh at. 

Archived