We have the worst coaching staff in the league!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowles and co. have done a horrendous job of late, still young and learning but he's been exposed.  coaching was not the issue the last few years.

What are you smoking on? 

Rex wasnt a good coach down the stretch. Granted he had some bad teams the last 2 years, but there were still ALOT of bone headed decisions made via the coaching staff. And even in his best years we still noticed that he could never adjust on the fly. 

Triple team Watt.  Help Wesley Johnson up the middle.  Keep a back in the block.  Then use the five WR's to flood the Texans secondary.  Simple!

I would of thrown a boatload of screens at whatever side Watts was lining up, with a bunch of double counter and misdirection running plays during the first half, to tire that front d. When those counters and misderiction runs start working, bam play action. 

Thats my simple diagnosis.... Flame suit on!!

Watt may be the most difficult guy to run screens on in the league.  He has a tremendous wingspan and knocks down record numbers of passes. 

What are you smoking on? 

Rex wasnt a good coach down the stretch. Granted he had some bad teams the last 2 years, but there were still ALOT of bone headed decisions made via the coaching staff. And even in his best years we still noticed that he could never adjust on the fly. 

we were losing b/c of talent not coaching.  Rex had his faults as all coaches do(especially those w/o good QB play) but he is a good coach.

we were losing b/c of talent not coaching.  Rex had his faults as all coaches do(especially those w/o good QB play) but he is a good coach.

We were losing because of talent, and we were winning because of talent. There was never a time when I felt like Rex Ryan outcoached a better coach with better talent. 

All of our victories came against teams that we were better than and all of our losses came against teams that were better than us and even some that werent. 

His first two years he had one of the best Olines in football, Thomas Jones still in his prime, Revis in his prime etc. 

I've never looked at a football game and said that on all accounts we should have lost this game but Rex found a way to pull this one out. 

We were losing because of talent, and we were winning because of talent. There was never a time when I felt like Rex Ryan outcoached a better coach with better talent. 

All of our victories came against teams that we were better than and all of our losses came against teams that were better than us and even some that werent. 

His first two years he had one of the best Olines in football, Thomas Jones still in his prime, Revis in his prime etc. 

I've never looked at a football game and said that on all accounts we should have lost this game but Rex found a way to pull this one out. 

he didn't outcoach BB in the 2010 playoffs w/ inferior talent and QB? 

he had Thomas Jones year 1 who completely faded late in the year and was finished.

he did have Revis in his prime and we beat NE week 2 w/o revis and Mangold.

we had top 10 talent 2008-2010, we made 2 title games w/ Rex and couldn't make the playoffs w/o him.

he didn't outcoach BB in the 2010 playoffs w/ inferior talent and QB? 

he had Thomas Jones year 1 who completely faded late in the year and was finished.

he did have Revis in his prime and we beat NE week 2 w/o revis and Mangold.

we had top 10 talent 2008-2010, we made 2 title games w/ Rex and couldn't make the playoffs w/o him.

No, he didnt. The Jets were a better overall football team than that Pats team which is my point. This is the same team that very year before the playoffs that got blown out by the Pats when they were a much more talented team than the scored reflected.  I was thinking about this very game as I was typing my response to you because I knew you would bring that up. 

Better yet, I'll even give you this game. Rex was the coach for 6 years and his highlight is a playoff win against the Pats. Rex could never beat the Ravens when we needed those wins. 

Im not going to waste my time going through all 6 years to give you specific games that we should have won, the record shows it. 

What are you smoking on? 

If Rex is a terrible coach and Rex beats Bowles straight up (probably twice this season) what does that say about Bowles? 

Personally I don't think coaches do as much as people think they do. Coaches coach and players play. the outcomes of these game are dictated by playmakers not coaches. 

If Rex is a terrible coach and Rex beats Bowles straight up (probably twice this season) what does that say about Bowles? 

Personally I don't think coaches do as much as people think they do. Coaches coach and players play. the outcomes of these game are dictated by playmakers not coaches. 

It doesnt say much. Im not gonna sit here and compare 6 years to 15 minutes. 

No, he didnt. The Jets were a better overall football team than that Pats team which is my point. This is the same team that very year before the playoffs that got blown out by the Pats when they were a much more talented team than the scored reflected.  I was thinking about this very game as I was typing my response to you because I knew you would bring that up. 

Better yet, I'll even give you this game. Rex was the coach for 6 years and his highlight is a playoff win against the Pats. Rex could never beat the Ravens when we needed those wins. 

Im not going to waste my time going through all 6 years to give you specific games that we should have won, the record shows it. 

No they were not a  better overall team than NE. 

wait so we count the 45-3 game but not the much bigger game in the playoffs?

Rex never faced Baltimore in a big game, he did face NE in a big game and led us to 3rd biggest win in franchise history and biggest post 1968 season.

of course there are games we should have won that we lost like there are games we should have lost but we won.

I am already sick of Todd Bowles' clueless smirk every time the camera zeroes in on him after a bad play by the Jets. Have any of you Bowles defenders seen this idiot in his post game press conferences?  He has ZERO answers.  His replies are the same each week,  "We got to do better"  "We will address that this week"  " We have to be smarter"    He has said these same 3 answers the past 6 weeks to just about every question

To quote Jetster above,   Bowles has shown NOTHING as a head coach so far.     and if anyone can't tell that they've either been watching football for less than 2 years or they aren't too swift 

I guess you were one of the guys predicting us to be a 11-13 win team this year. 

No they were not a  better overall team than NE. 

wait so we count the 45-3 game but not the much bigger game in the playoffs?

Rex never faced Baltimore in a big game, he did face NE in a big game and led us to 3rd biggest win in franchise history and biggest post 1968 season.

of course there are games we should have won that we lost like there are games we should have lost but we won.

To be fair, Rex had 1 victory based on out-coaching a great coach in 6 years here. And with that, Im glad he's gone. 

This is the same coach that drafts Geno Smith and knowing that he's most likely not ready he decides to put Sanchez at risk and gets him hurt for the sake of winning a "snoopy bowl". 

Genius. 

The Jets may or may not have the worst coaching Staff in the NFL, but it's a certainty that the Team has the worst fan base in the league. A bunch of fair weather fans who don't cheer when the team is doing well but can't wait to boo and critique at the 1st mishap.

To be fair, Rex had 1 victory based on out-coaching a great coach in 6 years here. And with that, Im glad he's gone. 

This is the same coach that drafts Geno Smith and knowing that he's most likely not ready he decides to put Sanchez at risk and gets him hurt for the sake of winning a "snoopy bowl". 

Genius. 

he always had inferior talent especially at QB compared to the greatest of all time in NE and yet he won the biggest game btw the 2 teams and was competitive on most games against them.

Rex was NOT the GM, Rex would not have talent Geno and would have started Sanchez in 2013, made the playoffs and still been here.

The Jets may or may not have the worst coaching Staff in the NFL, but it's a certainty that the Team has the worst fan base in the league. A bunch of fair weather fans who don't cheer when the team is doing well but can't wait to boo and critique at the 1st mishap.

after everything Jets fans have been through, it's not fair to blame the fans for being traumatized 

the Jets should happy they even have fans. 

Do the Washington Generals have fans? 

he always had inferior talent especially at QB compared to the greatest of all time in NE and yet he won the biggest game btw the 2 teams and was competitive on most games against them.

Rex was NOT the GM, Rex would not have talent Geno and would have started Sanchez in 2013, made the playoffs and still been here.

I said my peace and even was fair and gave you the Patriots game which was a big win. 

Everything else is excuses. He put Sanchez back in the game when the starters were out and got him hurt in a preseason game that meant nothing, then boasted about winning the snoopy bowl. Thats on the coach bro. 

Triple team Watt.  Help Wesley Johnson up the middle.  Keep a back in the block.  Then use the five WR's to flood the Texans secondary.  Simple!

Watt may be the most difficult guy to run screens on in the league.  He has a tremendous wingspan and knocks down record numbers of passes. 

Triple Team Watt and line up 5 WR's.  Hmmm, ok then.  so 5 WRS, plus 1 QB, and 5 OL, 3 of which are blocking Watt (while also helping Wesley Johnson up the middle) leaving 2 OL to block the other 5 defenders.  Oh but wait, we're gonna keep a back in the block as well, so we can either take the 12 men on the field penalty or just line up 4 OL on the line, 3 of which are blocking Watt, so a RB and OL can block the 5 other defenders coming free.  You're totally right buddy, fire Bowles now!!!  Where do we sign you up, coach!

Edit-For the record it looks like I quoted Dominator, but it was actually someone else with this birdbrained idea.  Not sure how the quote thing worked to make it look like Dominator said that.  Sorry bud. 

I said my peace and even was fair and gave you the Patriots game which was a big win. 

Everything else is excuses. He put Sanchez back in the game when the starters were out and got him hurt. Thats on the coach bro. 

That was on Rex but if we didn't bring in Idzik who was forcing geno down his throat then he has no temptation to insert him in that NYG game.

Triple Team Watt and line up 5 WR's.  Hmmm, ok then.  so 5 WRS, plus 1 QB, and 5 OL, 3 of which are blocking Watt (while also helping Wesley Johnson up the middle) leaving 2 OL to block the other 5 defenders.  Oh but wait, we're gonna keep a back in the block as well, so we can either take the 12 men on the field penalty or just line up 4 OL on the line, 3 of which are blocking Watt, so a RB and OL can block the 5 other defenders coming free.  You're totally right buddy, fire Bowles now!!!  Where do we sign you up, coach!

lol exactly. I stopped arguing about it. 

If people dont understand that there is nothing you can do about JJ Watt its because they dont understand who JJ Watt is. 

Edit-For the record it looks like I quoted Dominator, but it was actually someone else with this birdbrained idea.  Not sure how the quote thing worked to make it look like Dominator said that.  Sorry bud. 

It was totally me.  I was pointing out how easy it is. 

Because there is nothing to compare. Who would like those results? 

Bowles vs Rex 0-1. Soon to be 0-2. There's no way the jets are winning in Buffalo in January. 

Rex wasn't that bad of a coach. You all were screaming for his head, but he actually was the best coach in team history since Parcells. He's got the most playoff victories of any Jets HC ever.  He had multiple teams fighting over him the minute he was fired. 

there were many problems with last year's team, the head coach wasn't a problem. He was an asset. 

I wouldn't say this team has the worst staff in the league but they were quite clearing totally out coached in that last game.

Let gimmick plays like the wildcat totally catch them off guard, allowed a Wr pass td.  Did not scheme hard enough to shut down Houston's two best players.

100% out-schemed and out coached in every way yesterday.

yea, that's why every game still sells out, cause of fair weather fans.

No problem.  You left out the back staying in to block and using the TE to chip on Watt

For the record, I did know right away there was no way that kind of nonsense was seriously coming from you.  I posted and realized it quoted you and was like "noooo way, that dude is way too smart for that kinda nonsense" hence my edit note lol!

No problem.  You left out the back staying in to block and using the TE to chip on Watt

This should have been option one as soon as Mangold went down. What coach is accountable for personnel when defensive substitutions are made. After seeing Revise struggle with speed why no help over the top. What is wrong with just moving the chains in 2nd and short, why go for the home run in those situations. Just a few of the things that make me question this staffs ability. 

after everything Jets fans have been through, it's not fair to blame the fans for being traumatized 

the Jets should happy they even have fans. 

Do the Washington Generals have fans? 

Rex was and is a good coach, he's just not a good HC. He's an excellent  DC  but not a good HC.  He's more platoon leader than General.

As far as being a fan, just because you go to the game and wear the teams colors, doesn't make you a fan. Fair weather fans don't support their team when things are great and boo them at the 1st sign of trouble. 

Archived