Who is the 2016 NY Jets QB?

Powpow

Ok so obviously we all know Fitzy is a back up at best.  Petty is raw as an embryo.  Smith will be a crash dummy for Kia after this season. So, we MUST find a QB that can play NOW (2016).  Our roster is filled with veterans and with a reliable, polished QB, we could go places.  Right off fhe bat there are two that are possibilities....Kapernick and Stafford.  What would it take to get either?  Any other ideas, choices, trades that would get us a legit QB?   No rookie draft picks allowed. A VETRAN, POLISHED, EXPERIENCED QB only need apply.  

There are not many openings for "starters" in this league. Jets are the most obvious. Think about it, Titans, Bucs, Cleveland, Oakland, Redskins, Jaguars, have all turned to their young QBs

Jets & Houston are the only wide open competitions. If Kap gets cut Jets should give him a chance if he's healthy. Noones paying him a Kings ransom to prove himself & the landing spots are really limited.

Ok so obviously we all know Fitzy is a back up at best.  Petty is raw as an embryo.  Smith will be a crash dummy for Kia after this season. So, we MUST find a QB that can play NOW (2016).  Our roster is filled with veterans and with a reliable, polished QB, we could go places.  Right off fhe bat there are two that are possibilities....Kapernick and Stafford.  What would it take to get either?  Any other ideas, choices, trades that would get us a legit QB?   No rookie draft picks allowed. A VETRAN, POLISHED, EXPERIENCED QB only need apply.  

LOL at the bold!

Kapernick, polished? ehhh, he will likely be available for free.

Stafford, ehhh, probably wont be available, and not sure he is any good.

The reality is good, reliable, polished QB's just don't become available. I think the best bet is Brees, and he likely wont be available, and if he is, it will cost so much to get him you are mortgaging the future for a few years, and the team is just not THAT good to do that IMO.

I say draft one high if the FO likes one, hope Petty develops, and maybe take a chance on a Kap if he is free after the year.

A bunch of teams that already have QBs are going to be picking in or near the top 10 this season: San Diego, Tennessee, Baltimore, Dallas, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville. If we fall in love with Goff or Lynch, we'll almost certainly have an opportunity to move up for him.

LOL at the bold!

Kapernick, polished? ehhh, he will likely be available for free.

Stafford, ehhh, probably wont be available, and not sure he is any good.

The reality is good, reliable, polished QB's just don't become available. I think the best bet is Brees, and he likely wont be available, and if he is, it will cost so much to get him you are mortgaging the future for a few years, and the team is just not THAT good to do that IMO.

I say draft one high if the FO likes one, hope Petty develops, and maybe take a chance on a Kap if he is free after the year.

Hey Carson Palmer was available. It can happen.

Anyone who thinks Colin Kaepernick is an upgrade over Fitz is out of his mind. Kaep is a guy we already have and his name is Geno Smith. Kaepernick may be more PC and have a better 'tude, but he is Geno's twin. Brees is getting on in age. I say stick with the plan and let's see how much Petty can learn in the offseason. I don't think there is a veteran QB who can make a big difference - at least not one the Jets can afford. What the Jets need to do is rebuild the offensive line so that the run game is there game in and game out. Then ANY QB they have will look better.

I don't disagree but in all fairness he did make some decent throws. Devin Smith and Brandon Marshall dropped sure TDs

A bunch of teams that already have QBs are going to be picking in or near the top 10 this season: San Diego, Tennessee, Baltimore, Dallas, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville. If we fall in love with Goff or Lynch, we'll almost certainly have an opportunity to move up for him.

Lynch is already slated to go to the Browns.  They are disgusted with Manziel who will end up with the Cowboys as Jerry Jones is infatuated with him.  Goff would be sweet  but I am talking about a QB to start who has experience.  So far, I like the Brees suggestion by BowlesMvmnt.  Also, RGIII is out there. Now that would be interesting.    

All I know is that if I have to bear another season of people calling for Geno Smith to start at quarterback, I am setting myself on fire.

Sorry, but in another two games he should be starting.  You have to see if you need to cut him and find another backup, or if you are comfortable with him if he had to come in and play a game or two.

Sorry, but in another two games he should be starting.  You have to see if you need to cut him and find another backup, or if you are comfortable with him if he had to come in and play a game or two.

No you don't need to see him. Bullsh*t. We've seen enough. Fitz will be the backup next year with Petty the 3rd stringer. We need to find a No. 1 QB.

It doesn't matter. He sucks. Fitz sucks. Everyone sucks. This is like trying to argue if Godfather III is worse than The Phantom Menace. The fact that people are taking time out of their lives to attempt to put together arguments that go either way isn't surprising, but it still ******* blows that this is what the season is. #jetslife

Ok found the man to lead us to the Holy Grail.......Peyton Manning.  He will be cut by the Broncos after this year and wants to play another year or two. He can have lunch with his brother more often.  He can play vs. Brady twice a year, maybe three times.  He can stay in the AFC, he can be The Saviour!    

Never liked him, but after the last 2 weeks, i'm starting to warm to the idea of bringing Stafford over. Only other FA option is Cutler, and while he HAS been having a great season, it's impossible to see him and Marshall getting along. Stafford is considerably younger and better than any QB we would get in the middle of the 1st rd.

Never liked him, but after the last 2 weeks, i'm starting to warm to the idea of bringing Stafford over. Only other FA option is Cutler, and while he HAS been having a great season, it's impossible to see him and Marshall getting along. Stafford is considerably younger and better than any QB we would get in the middle of the 1st rd.

Neither have I but he would be a huge upgrade over what we have and he has shown signs of brilliance. Just a matter of him putting a season together.   

Neither have I but he would be a huge upgrade over what we have and he has shown signs of brilliance. Just a matter of him putting a season together.   

He would get more out of Decker/Marshall and has the arm to hit Devin Smith. Just need to keep him upright, which hasn't been the case in Detroit during the last 2 years.

Honestly, I'll take anybody but that jerkwad Kaepernick.

Arguing that we should get Kaep is like saying we should start Geno, and then throw away a few draft picks. If you want a stupid QB that doesn't know how to play the position, but shows athletic promise, then you've already got one. No reason to give up further resources to acquire a player like this.

Even if we get a QB, it's not going to fix the fact that you can change all the human parts, and at the end of the day EVERY damn Jets team that gets put on that field is gutless.

He would get more out of Decker/Marshall and has the arm to hit Devin Smith. Just need to keep him upright, which hasn't been the case in Detroit during the last 2 years.

Honestly, I'll take anybody but that jerkwad Kaepernick.

Devin Smith needs to learn to play football. Even when FitzJetsTricked puts the ball in the guys hands, he doesn't reel it in. QB isn't fixing that. 

But yea, we need a QB. 

This team needs an enema.

Devin Smith needs to learn to play football. Even when FitzJetsTricked puts the ball in the guys hands, he doesn't reel it in. QB isn't fixing that. 

But yea, we need a QB. 

This team needs an enema.

Maybe we could trade joewilly12 for a used one

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I think it will be Fitz while Petty and another young QB develop behind him...

I think this is most likely.  The best college QB I've seen this year is Jacoby Brissett of NC State.  Big guy, tough to bring down, mobile, can make all the throws, etc.  Highly undervalued at this stage.

Now, if we could get Stafford I would probably go that route but I'm not sure that's realistic.

My avatar/sig????

Or Mike Glennon. 

you cant develop Petty without playing him.......professional football is not rocket science....there is no such thing as qb development holding a clipboard/ watching film.....throw him in see what he is made of. I think Petty is going to be very good  IF he is mentally tough

Archived