Who is the 2016 NY Jets QB?

Powpow

I would love to see Glennon in green, but Glennon does not fix the offensive problems with this team by himself, not by a long shot

I agree, but he definitely fixes the QB position which would be a hell of an upgrade. What Glennon did behind that Bucs oline was just brilliant. 

Numbers wont show it because his WR's had a bad case of the dropsies as well, but the kid has the grit and he's tough. He's also much more mobile than people think, he's no Dan Marino in that regard for sure. 

I think this is most likely.  The best college QB I've seen this year is Jacoby Brissett of NC State.  Big guy, tough to bring down, mobile, can make all the throws, etc.  Highly undervalued at this stage.

Now, if we could get Stafford I would probably go that route but I'm not sure that's realistic.

Have to think with the owner talking about 11-5 last year and publicaly saying Detroit doesn't need to rebuild means not starting over lookin for a QB...just my opinion.

btw - your boy Darby looks real good, but didn't you like williams over him As a prospect (feel free to correct me, I'm wrong all the time).

you cant develop Petty without playing him.......professional football is not rocket science....there is no such thing as qb development holding a clipboard/ watching film.....throw him in see what he is made of. I think Petty is going to be very good  IF he is mentally tough

weird, that aaron Rodgers guy sat 4 years without playing.  Seems to have worked for him...

no Brett farve here for him to learn him

but likely a larger learning curve than Rodgers needed to be successful.  Petty never saw a play book in college.  His first time opening one since high school was with the jets.  He won't be ready next year either, IMO, which is why I'm open to drafting another guy or signing Bradford/Kap to a 1 year deal with a team option for year 2.

Have to think with the owner talking about 11-5 last year and publicaly saying Detroit doesn't need to rebuild means not starting over lookin for a QB...just my opinion.

btw - your boy Darby looks real good, but didn't you like williams over him As a prospect (feel free to correct me, I'm wrong all the time).

I did like PJ Williams better, thought he was more of a play maker.  PJ was placed on season-ending IR before the first game so not a strong start to his career.  Darby on the other hand looks to be a lock-down guy for years to come.  So far it's been a pretty good start for Jameis too, light is really going on.  Wish it was in green and white though.  We really needed to land him or Marcus.  Just needed to lose one more game last year.

So is this where you're posting now?  Do you know where Hobson and Sarge and all those guys ended up?

I did like PJ Williams better, thought he was more of a play maker.  PJ was placed on season-ending IR before the first game so not a strong start to his career.  Darby on the other hand looks to be a lock-down guy for years to come.  So far it's been a pretty good start for Jameis too, light is really going on.  Wish it was in green and white though.  We really needed to land him or Marcus.  Just needed to lose one more game last year.

So is this where you're posting now?  Do you know where Hobson and Sarge and all those guys ended up?

I tried to get Nick and 51 over here a couple times, even if it was to post on both boards...but never got them over.  Hobson was about to have his first child, so he wasn't going to post anywhere much this year.

Bottom line is this... unless Petty gets the last few starts of this season AND looks phenomenal, the JETS have to be looking QB in the 1st round next year.  Have to. It's been about 20 years since the Jets have had a franchise guy.

My thoughts on this year's crop so far:

1) Jacoby Brissett- big, strong, makes all the throws, can make plays with his legs if need be but he's a true pocket guy.

2) Connor Cook- Has natural instincts for the position.  Is athletic and a proven winner.  Has played and thrived in pro-style offense.  Only concern is that his own teammates did not vote him team captain this year, which should raise some questions.

3) Jared Goff- I think he's a little raw yet but his arm is undeniable.  Ceiling is very high.

4) Cardayle Jones- I like him more than most.  I think he would thrive in a REAL pro-style scheme, not that garbage that OSU runs.  On top of that, it's not like OSU is stacked with WR's.  This guy is the closest thing to Cam Newton I've seen coming out of college.  Might be a steal later in round 1, although I think he will shoot back up the boards after workouts in pre-draft evals are done.

5) Paxton Lynch- A true wildcard.  Will need to see more of him before I bump him any higher.  

6) Vernon Adams- He looks like someone who can play in the league.  Very comparable to Russell Wilson and worth the flyer in the 3rd round, if available.  This guy intrigues me.

7) Trevon Boykin- Might be a bit underrated with some really nice tools.  Improved his passing tremendously last 2 years and is now extremely accurate.

8) Dak Prescott- The guy is a winner but giant question mark on whether his game will translate.

9) Carson Wentz- Will need to see more but has the prototype size.

10) Christian Hackenberg- Every time I see him I get more confused as to what people like about him.  He's got a rifle but that's about it.

Bottom line is this... unless Petty gets the last few starts of this season AND looks phenomenal, the JETS have to be looking QB in the 1st round next year.  Have to. It's been about 20 years since the Jets have had a franchise guy.

My thoughts on this year's crop so far:

1) Jacoby Brissett- big, strong, makes all the throws, can make plays with his legs if need be but he's a true pocket guy.

2) Connor Cook- Has natural instincts for the position.  Is athletic and a proven winner.  Has played and thrived in pro-style offense.  Only concern is that his own teammates did not vote him team captain this year, which should raise some questions.

3) Jared Goff- I think he's a little raw yet but his arm is undeniable.  Ceiling is very high.

4) Cardayle Jones- I like him more than most.  I think he would thrive in a REAL pro-style scheme, not that garbage that OSU runs.  On top of that, it's not like OSU is stacked with WR's.  This guy is the closest thing to Cam Newton I've seen coming out of college.  Might be a steal later in round 1, although I think he will shoot back up the boards after workouts in pre-draft evals are done.

5) Paxton Lynch- A true wildcard.  Will need to see more of him before I bump him any higher.  

6) Vernon Adams- He looks like someone who can play in the league.  Very comparable to Russell Wilson and worth the flyer in the 3rd round, if available.  This guy intrigues me.

7) Trevon Boykin- Might be a bit underrated with some really nice tools.  Improved his passing tremendously last 2 years and is now extremely accurate.

8) Dak Prescott- The guy is a winner but giant question mark on whether his game will translate.

9) Carson Wentz- Will need to see more but has the prototype size.

10) Christian Hackenberg- Every time I see him I get more confused as to what people like about him.  He's got a rifle but that's about it.

Good post on the ROOKIES for next year but really not interested in having a rookie start next year.  Mac must find/trade for a veteran QB since our roster is filled with veterans and, with a piece here and a piece there, could contend.  Fitzy, while I love his passion and competitiveness, is not the answer.        

Archived