Carson Palmer deserves to win NFL MVP

predator_05

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, clearly the loss of Dion Lewis has greatly affected the greatest QB of all time.  I remember all the SBs Dion helped him win, it's shame they may never play together again.

pure coincidence that he had his worst stat game against the coach he has put up his worst #s against over the years.  it's all about Edelman just like it as all Welker and Moss before them and all Troy brown way back when.  he's just so lucky to have the best talent in the history of the game around him(along w/ cheating!):rolleyes:

yep, clearly the loss of Dion Lewis has greatly affected the greatest QB of all time.  I remember all the SBs Dion helped him win, it's shame they may never play together again.

pure coincidence that he had his worst stat game against the coach he has put up his worst #s against over the years.  it's all about Edelman just like it as all Welker and Moss before them and all Troy brown way back when.  he's just so lucky to have the best talent in the history of the game around him(along w/ cheating!):rolleyes:

backpeddle.jpg

I'd go with Palmer after watching him the last two weeks on primetime. The guy is playing at an unbelievably high level. Watching him come back after Seattle destroyed him and continued to hit him in the 3Q and 4Q last week, and seeing what he did last night after a terrible first half- he's got the nod if it were up to me.

Also, anyone who puts Brady above Newton is biased. Brady has played all of his games this year with the single best receiving threat in the league (Gronk), the top slot WR (edelman), and played the first 6 or 7 with Dion Lewis. Yes, he's a very significant reason that Edelman and Lewis are who they are, but lets not get carried away. They're still great players. 

It doesn't matter who Brady plays with, he always elevates those around him and puts NE in contention.

COINCIDENTALLY, THREE GAMES AGO WAS WHEN HE LOST DION LEWIS. AND HIS WORST GAME OF THE SEASON CAME WITHOUT EDELMAN. I WONDER IF IT MATTERS WHO BRADY PLAYS WITH WHEN DISCUSSING HIS 2015-2016 MVP CANDIDACY??!?!!!?!???!?!??! ANYONE???????????

nfl_brady.jpg

backpedal.gif~c200

btw: In case you didn't get it, that's you in the yellow @nyjunc

oh boy, this guy is just clueless. 

Dion lewis missed the game against the Jets who I believe were ranked #1 heading into that game.  tell me about his #s(since you only look at #s) and play in that game? how did he do it against us w/o the great Dion Lewis?  Dion lewis has 1 game w/ more than 8 rush attempts, 1 game w/ more than 6 recs but he was the key to that attack.  Pure brilliance

Brady is great because he's a pat even though nyjunk hates the pats....no honest really......they are to be loved and admired....but he really doesn't like em.

The likes of Rivers, Favre, Palmer are all overrated jags compared to Mark who never really was given a chance and carried the team on his back to two afc title games.

If anyone on these forums is a QB rating Guru it is nyjunc.

Brady is great because he's a pat even though nyjunk hates the pats....no honest really......they are to be loved and admired....but he really doesn't like em.

The likes of Rivers, Favre, Palmer are all overrated jags compared to Mark who never really was given a chance and carried the team on his back to two afc title games.

If anyone on these forums is a QB rating Guru it is nyjunc.

yep, those are things I say all the time.  you got me!:rolleyes:

oh boy, this guy is just clueless. 

Dion lewis missed the game against the Jets who I believe were ranked #1 heading into that game.  tell me about his #s(since you only look at #s) and play in that game? how did he do it against us w/o the great Dion Lewis?  Dion lewis has 1 game w/ more than 8 rush attempts, 1 game w/ more than 6 recs but he was the key to that attack.  Pure brilliance

No, I actually don't look only at #s. If I did, I wouldn't have put Cam above Brady, and your ass wouldn't have been so thoroughly plowed.

On 11/23/2015, 1:10:47, nyjunc said:

It doesn't matter who Brady plays with, he always elevates those around him and puts NE in contention.

Against the Jets without Lewis, Brady had the third worst game of the season.

You know what the second worst is? The one without Lewis and where Edelman went out in the first quarter.

You know what the first worst is? The one without Lewis and Edelman. 

Please, continue.

11-25-2015 1-38-45 PM.png

No, I actually don't look only at #s. If I did, I wouldn't have put Cam above Brady, and your ass wouldn't have been so thoroughly plowed.

Against the Jets without Lewis, Brady had the third worst game of the season.

You know what the second worst is? The one without Lewis and where Edelman went out in the first quarter.

You know what the first worst is? The one without Lewis and Edelman. 

Please, continue.

11-25-2015 1-38-45 PM.png

clearly you do as Brady has still been leadinhghis team to WINS no matter who is in there yet you are criticizing him for stats not being quite as good.  the man has NE at 10-0 and you are bashing him for play lately.

QB ratings

giphy.gif

please stop trying to discuss this stuff, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.  just go look at your blind #s w/o context. 

4 games w/o Dion Lewis:

106-174, 1265 yds, 7 Tds, 3 INTs, led O to 26 PPG and 4 wins

prorate those #s over 16 games and he passes for 5,060 yds, 28 TDs, 7 INTs.  yardage would be 2nd highest of career, TDs would be 6th highest of career.  Yep, he's really struggling.  what will he ever do w/o Dion Lewis and now Edelman?(I think Edelman is excellent but again it doesn't matter who is around Brady.  eh will always elevate talent and find ways to have his team in contention).

clearly you do as Brady has still been leadinhghis team to WINS no matter who is in there yet you are criticizing him for stats not being quite as good.  the man has NE at 10-0 and you are bashing him for play lately.

QB ratings

giphy.gif

please stop trying to discuss this stuff, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.  just go look at your blind #s w/o context. 

Tell me, how was me calling him an all time great, and in the top 3 MVP discussion this year - bashing him? 

Cam and Brady are both tied at 10-0. I said Cam deserves it because he's working with significantly less talent. You then got so butthurt because you thought I was "taking credit away from Brady" that you quoted me and said:

On 11/23/2015, 1:10:47, nyjunc said:

To which, I began a three day excursion to thoroughly smash your faggot ass through a glass door.

And then, you decided to call on a mod to "do something about this please". Fight your own battles and lose like a man you ******* pussy. 

@Crusher, I'm legit done in this thread from here on out. I have nothing left to prove. If I get a few days ban for stomping on him, it'll be worth it. Enjoy the holidays. 

Tell me, how was me calling him an all time great, and in the top 3 MVP discussion this year - bashing him? 

Cam and Brady are both tied at 10-0. I said Cam deserves it because he's working with significantly less talent. You then got so butthurt because you thought I was "taking credit away from Brady" that you quoted me and said:

To which, I began a three day excursion to thoroughly smash your faggot ass through a glass door.

And then, you decided to call on a mod to "do something about this please". Fight your own battles and lose like a man you ******* pussy. 

@Crusher, I'm legit done in this thread from here on out. I have nothing left to prove. If I get a few days ban for stomping on him, it'll be worth it. Enjoy the holidays. 

where in that post do I mention Cam?  I was simply referring to your incredibly asinine comment that the talent around Brady is why he has been great.

I didn't call on a mod, the mod asked us to cut it out(mostly your childish nonsense) and you took another shot. 

You have nothing left to prove, you are funny.  You have proven nothing other than you look at stat sheets w/o context.  Fantasy football has killed the knowledge of fans, it's beyond comical reading this stuff.  Thanks for cracking me up.  I love to laugh.

stomping on me:lol:  you are killing me, please stop.  I am going to destroy my computer spitting my drink all over it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with Palmer after watching him the last two weeks on primetime. The guy is playing at an unbelievably high level. Watching him come back after Seattle destroyed him and continued to hit him in the 3Q and 4Q last week, and seeing what he did last night after a terrible first half- he's got the nod if it were up to me.

Also, anyone who puts Brady above Newton is biased. Brady has played all of his games this year with the single best receiving threat in the league (Gronk), the top slot WR (edelman), and played the first 6 or 7 with Dion Lewis. Yes, he's a very significant reason that Edelman and Lewis are who they are, but lets not get carried away. They're still great players. 

^This is what you said. That's not hyperbole? It doesn't matter? So you're saying if Gronk was lost for the season, and Brady now was going into games without Gronk, Edelman, and Lewis, it wouldn't matter? He'd still be doing what he's doing? 

What does that have to do with anything? No one is saying your loverboy isn't an all time great. The discussion is this year's MVP - and every single person agrees that Brady's in the top 2-3 of that conversation as well. Some of us just are privy to not having brady-tinted goggles on at all times.

the man once made a title game w/ no run game and his main weapons were Reche Caldwell and jabar Gaffney.  No  matter how badly you want to bury your head in the sand it won't change the truth.

That's great. Is he winning an MVP this year based on those results?

I know Sanchez wasn't the same without his weaponzz because you've made that quite clear on these boards, but I wonder if Brady has slipped a bit in the MVP race without his weaponzz?

I know you said it doesn't matter who he plays with, but it looks like it just might. And really, it's ok. He won't be mad that you're giving his surrounding cast a little bit of credit. After all, it doesn't have to be one or the other. Giving Brady his credit while also crediting the team are not mutually exclusive. And when you couple how much Brady's game has slipped due to his supporting cast's injuries with what Cam's doing in the much harder NFC with complete JAGs and rookies, it makes Cam's case all the more worthwhile - which was the entire point of my initial post in the first place...before you got your panties wet trying to give 100% of god's glory to Brady and allowing for nothing else. 

I rest my case. 

you do know he led that offense to 28 pts, right?  you do know he once led an O w/ reche Caldwell and jabar Gaffney as his main weapons to a title game, right?(and led them to 27 pts on the road in that title game).  Brady succeeds no matter who is around him, he elevated a sinking ship into a dynasty and has kept NE among the elite ever since. 

I think cam is very worthy of MVP but Cam has only led his O to 28 or more in 2 games in regulation all season so stop it.  all you are doing is strengthening his case.

you do know he led that offense to 28 pts, right?  you do know he once led an O w/ reche Caldwell and jabar Gaffney as his main weapons to a title game, right?(and led them to 27 pts on the road in that title game).  Brady succeeds no matter who is around him, he elevated a sinking ship into a dynasty and has kept NE among the elite ever since. 

I think cam is very worthy of MVP but Cam has only led his O to 28 or more in 2 games in regulation all season so stop it.  all you are doing is strengthening his case.

Earlier when we were talking about facts and figures, you said none of it mattered because all Brady does is win. Now that he's lost two in a row, it's about points? Well - and stay with me here: Maybe it's harder for Cam to put up the points because he didn't have Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and Lewis for most of the season the way Brady did. Yet Cam is 12-0. Brady, after losing some combination of those guys, has lost two straight. Hmmmm. Are you saying weaponzz aren't necessary for a QB? Wasn't your entire stance on Sanchez that he is amazing but that his weaponzz got taken away from him so he stunk?

Once again, we all know Brady's an all-time great but how are his past accomplishments going to win him the MVP this year? Right, they won't. You just took major offense to me giving a modicum of credit to the team, and somehow thought it took away from your precious Brady. I get that he is literally your god, and to give anyone except him any credit for any of their accomplishments over the last 15 years is a slap in your face, but it's ok to admit when you're wrong.

To say "it doesn't matter who he plays with" in a 2015 MVP race discussion, and then watch as his candidacy deteriorates due to his own performance and the performance of the team (two game losing streak), and still come in here trying to defend your original outlandish statement is a testament to your delusions of grandeur and unreasonable affinity for Brady. Especially when Cam is 12-0 in a superior conference and started the season with what Brady is working with now: JAGs and rookies.

Vegas shortening odds on Cam winning MVP. I'd guess he's even with Brady in a week or 2. Palmer will be a distant 3rd, probably 12/1 or thereabouts. 

Cam will probably take it, he's won over a lot of naysayers (me being one of them), media is on board, and you can't argue with Carolina's record. I doubt anyone thought Cam would ball the way he has after Benjamin went on IR

Brady is a detestable douche who is really   Good at football.  Carson Palmer is having a hell of a year .  Cam is the new face of the NFL.  Oh and that smile?  Cam takes it.  Unless Cam takes up stoned street racing or spouse elevator boxing soon he wins it walking away.  Did I mention the smile?

Brady is a detestable douche who is really   Good at football.  Carson Palmer is having a hell of a year .  Cam is the new face of the NFL.  Oh and that smile?  Cam takes it.  Unless Cam takes up stoned street racing or spouse elevator boxing soon he wins it walking away.  Did I mention the smile?

you are supposed to say...NO HOMO or we start to wonder.  ?

That smile might win it for him ultimately. Plus, Cam's post game outfit swag >>>>>>> Brady's. Even with his supermodel beard picking his clothes put for him.

Earlier when we were talking about facts and figures, you said none of it mattered because all Brady does is win. Now that he's lost two in a row, it's about points? Well - and stay with me here: Maybe it's harder for Cam to put up the points because he didn't have Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and Lewis for most of the season the way Brady did. Yet Cam is 12-0. Brady, after losing some combination of those guys, has lost two straight. Hmmmm. Are you saying weaponzz aren't necessary for a QB? Wasn't your entire stance on Sanchez that he is amazing but that his weaponzz got taken away from him so he stunk?

Once again, we all know Brady's an all-time great but how are his past accomplishments going to win him the MVP this year? Right, they won't. You just took major offense to me giving a modicum of credit to the team, and somehow thought it took away from your precious Brady. I get that he is literally your god, and to give anyone except him any credit for any of their accomplishments over the last 15 years is a slap in your face, but it's ok to admit when you're wrong.

To say "it doesn't matter who he plays with" in a 2015 MVP race discussion, and then watch as his candidacy deteriorates due to his own performance and the performance of the team (two game losing streak), and still come in here trying to defend your original outlandish statement is a testament to your delusions of grandeur and unreasonable affinity for Brady. Especially when Cam is 12-0 in a superior conference and started the season with what Brady is working with now: JAGs and rookies.

he's 10-2, right? he lost 2 close games.  has he gone undefeated every season?  you act like he has never lost games.  NE was 12-4 last year meaning they lost 4 games w/ a healthy team.  you are being silly.

he's 10-2, right? he lost 2 close games.  has he gone undefeated every season?  you act like he has never lost games.  NE was 12-4 last year meaning they lost 4 games w/ a healthy team.  you are being silly.

Is this guy serious? You're still trying to defend your indefensible posts? Any relation to villain the foe?

You're in the wrong ******* thread if all you want to do is wax Brady's balls.

This is a discussion for the 2015 MVP race. Brady doesn't belong here without Gronk, Edelman, Lewis, Amendola, especially when Cam is 12-0 and has played his entire season surrounded by JAGs and rookies.

Why is Arizona’s offense so good? The piece points to quarterback Carson Palmer, who it says is having an MVP-caliber season. He leads in their Total QBR stat, posting a mark above 50 in every game this season. Katz points out that the last three QBs to start a season with 12 straight games — Aaron Rodgers in 2011, Peyton Manning in 2009 and Tom Brady in 2007 —  with a QBR above 50 all won the MVP that season.

http://arizonasports.com/story/486560/espns-fpi-has-arizona-cardinals-as-super-bowl-favorite/

But Palmer won't win it this year...not fair. :(

Archived