Sam Bradford

AFJF

Looks like he'll hit free agency unless he lights it up over the last five games or so.

Kinda hoped Sanchez wouldn't Sanchez so Philly might keep Bradford on the bench which would hurt his value.

Of course Sanchez goes out and throws 3 INT's including a pick six so Bradford is a lock to get the starting job back.

If Bradford plays well and makes it to free agency, do you want the Jets to sign him?  What's the max you'd pay?

Maybe. If he came in on a playing time incentive laden deal. He's not a franchise QB and he's never healthy. I just don't think he's very good when healthy either. He's probably a league average QB who you can expect to miss 4-5 games a season. A one year show me deal could work because you still want to see what the Jets have in Petty at some point. 

Vick got $5 mill from us last year aND Hoyer for 5.25 from Texans...so whether we think he's worth it or not he likely gets 8-10 mill/year.  So I'd do a 2 year deal with a team option for year 2...

I think Kapernick will be slightly cheaper, has a better arm, needs more work, but will likely get a similar contract.  Jets will have some tough decisions this summer...

Looks like he'll hit free agency unless he lights it up over the last five games or so.

Kinda hoped Sanchez wouldn't Sanchez so Philly might keep Bradford on the bench which would hurt his value.

Of course Sanchez goes out and throws 3 INT's including a pick six so Bradford is a lock to get the starting job back.

If Bradford plays well and makes it to free agency, do you want the Jets to sign him?  What's the max you'd pay?

no

The dude is not only injury prone, he's a pu$$y.  Takes no shots downfield and is entirely dependent on his receivers to get YAC as a result.  The Rams invested a ton of time and money in him and still decided to jettison him for freaking Nick Foles.  No, no, no.

The people who think there's QB's out there to sign/trade for that are significantly better than Fitz are going to be disappointed.  Our future at the position will depend on the draft and/or Bryce Petty's development.

I think Bradford is much worse than Ftizpatrick, Jet fans are out of their collective minds.

you know whats funny is that this team comes out and plays terrible then Jets fans jump all over Fitz as if he's going to bring a team back in a game while they are still playing terrible. Watt was in Fitz face the entire game and if that was not enough when the Jets needed to convert on Third down idiot Gailey calls plays right at Watt . I have never seen such incompetence. On the Last TD we scored Fitz practically willed us into the end zone and yet fans were still bashing him. My point is no matter what QB we get in here if he's not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady good it will all be his fault. Fitz has played well enough for this team to be 8-2 or 7-3 but the team has let us  down as an entire unit not Fitzpatrick.

you know whats funny is that this team comes out and plays terrible then Jets fans jump all over Fitz as if he's going to bring a team back in a game while they are still playing terrible. Watt was in Fitz face the entire game and if that was not enough when the Jets needed to convert on Third down idiot Gailey calls plays right at Watt . I have never seen such incompetence. On the Last TD we scored Fitz practically willed us into the end zone and yet fans were still bashing him. My point is no matter what QB we get in here if he's not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady good it will all be his fault. Fitz has played well enough for this team to be 8-2 or 7-3 but the team has let us  down as an entire unit not Fitzpatrick.

I know this is going to come off bad, but its the reality..... The majority of Jet fans, hell, probably most NFL fans, just don't understand football. Your bolded points are exactly correct. There are countless examples of QB's that have had excellent seasons, mixed in with awful seasons. 

Lets look at just a few: 

Eli Manning

Phillip Rivers

Stafford

These guys have all had very good, if not great seasons, and have also had awful seasons. The reality is that outside of 3-4 guys in the league at any one point in time, the offense is like a machine. When parts of the machine suck, the whole machine is going to fail. When the machine is running properly, and all parts are doing their jobs, the machine works well.

These guys don't flip switches from sucking to awesome, its the team around them that impacts that.

I'd love to get one of the guys who can make a crap machine work well, but there is a huge element of luck involved in that, and luck is not a strategy.

Many Jet fans are so fkng lazy, they don't want to take the time to understand the game, and understand the system, so they instead do the easy thing and pin everything on the QB.

Even the greats like Rodgers and Brady miss and make bad passes in every game, but the dumb ones think only the Jets QB's make bad plays. The reality is we have not had competent offesnive players or coaches in here since Parcells, and that is why the offense has sucked, oh, and we have not lucked into an all time great.

I know this is going to come off bad, but its the reality..... The majority of Jet fans, hell, probably most NFL fans, just don't understand football. Your bolded points are exactly correct. There are countless examples of QB's that have had excellent seasons, mixed in with awful seasons. 

Lets look at just a few: 

Eli Manning

Phillip Rivers

Stafford

These guys have all had very good, if not great seasons, and have also had awful seasons. The reality is that outside of 3-4 guys in the league at any one point in time, the offense is like a machine. When parts of the machine suck, the whole machine is going to fail. When the machine is running properly, and all parts are doing their jobs, the machine works well.

These guys don't flip switches from sucking to awesome, its the team around them that impacts that.

I'd love to get one of the guys who can make a crap machine work well, but there is a huge element of luck involved in that, and luck is not a strategy.

Many Jet fans are so fkng lazy, they don't want to take the time to understand the game, and understand the system, so they instead do the easy thing and pin everything on the QB.

Even the greats like Rodgers and Brady miss and make bad passes in every game, but the dumb ones think only the Jets QB's make bad plays. The reality is we have not had competent offesnive players or coaches in here since Parcells, and that is why the offense has sucked, oh, and we have not lucked into an all time great.

very good post and you can add Joe Flacco Andy Dalton Ryan Tannehill Nick Foles to that list. If you look at Aaron Rodgers last 4 games and didn't know his full body of work as a pro Jets fans would form a lynch mob and blame all GB's loses on him

Lets look at just a few: 

Eli Manning

Phillip Rivers

Stafford

This might very well be the greatest post ever.

Soo...any chance Luck walks from Indy?

Luck has amazing talent but he's a turnover machine as well. The Jets are going to Sign Fitzpatrick and try to find a QB via the draft unless something really stupid happens with one of the better QB's in the NFL and that's very rare. If we get Fitz a real TE and a real Duel threat RB I think he would do a fantastic job running an offense with a lot of talent around him.,

Luck has amazing talent but he's a turnover machine as well. The Jets are going to Sign Fitzpatrick and try to find a QB via the draft unless something really stupid happens with one of the better QB's in the NFL and that's very rare. If we get Fitz a real TE and a real Duel threat RB I think he would do a fantastic job running an offense with a lot of talent around him.,

Completely agree, and Gailey, or the next OC needs to learn how to call a game and take what the defense gives him rather than trying to force feed something that doesn't work.

This might very well be the greatest post ever.

Its a damn good post . QB's can't do much with a team that does not respond like the Jets have been doing most of the year. If Geno Smith was the QB of this team We would have about 2 wins right now. people who understand the game and the position of QB know Fitz is playing well . Unfortunately yesterday our offense ran into a very hot defense probably the hottest defense in the NFL and they beat us on every level. But yeah its all Fitz fault when he had but a second to get the ball out while his receivers were very tightly covered. The guy did what he could and on our last scoring drive he basically took matters into his own hands rather than listening to gailey and running right at JJ Watt he had 2 bid running plays that got us the TD . I loved the way he played yesterday and I felt no need ot blame him for this loss because they way the Texans were playing defense no way anyone was bringing this team back 14 points down with 7 min left no way in hell. Both brick and Giocamini (sp lol ) got beat like a drum

Its a damn good post . QB's can't do much with a team that does not respond like the Jets have been doing most of the year. If Geno Smith was the QB of this team We would have about 2 wins right now. people who understand the game and the position of QB know Fitz is playing well . Unfortunately yesterday our offense ran into a very hot defense probably the hottest defense in the NFL and they beat us on every level. But yeah its all Fitz fault when he had but a second to get the ball out while his receivers were very tightly covered. The guy did what he could and on our last scoring drive he basically took matters into his own hands rather than listening to gailey and running right at JJ Watt he had 2 bid running plays that got us the TD . I loved the way he played yesterday and I felt no need ot blame him for this loss because they way the Texans were playing defense no way anyone was bringing this team back 14 points down with 7 min left no way in hell. Both brick and Giocamini (sp lol ) got beat like a drum

Look i don't think Fitz has had a great stretch but to think that someone like Bradford, or Geno are going to make a diffrence is just foolish. Right now guys like Rivers, Eli, Flacco, Dalton or Romo would have a tough time QB backing with the way this team is playing.

If this team played with the guts and determination that Fitz plays with they would be alot better than 5-5.

Completely agree, and Gailey, or the next OC needs to learn how to call a game and take what the defense gives him rather than trying to force feed something that doesn't work.

you know I can't believe how dumb some of the coordinators and HC's are in this league. It just makes the smart ones stand out so much more.

Belichick no matter how much you hate him is a very smart coach with the best schemes in place in the NFL .... Sure he has made some high profile blunders but that's very few and far between. Bruce Arians is showing hes a very smart coach as well.

If Tom Brady was drafted by any other team Incuding the Jets he would have NEVER made it in the NFL and I'm pretty damn sure of that. As a matter of fact if he was a Jet everyone on this board would have been posting pic's of his draft photos and laughing out loud making a mockery of him. Plus the coaches and staff's we had in place at the time he was drafted would have totally destroyed him anyway. Theres more to being a great QB than just having talent and brains a lot has to do with the system and talent around the QB and there have been examples of this throughout the history of this league.

Look i don't think Fitz has had a great stretch but to think that someone like Bradford, or Geno are going to make a diffrence is just foolish. Right now guys like Rivers, Eli, Flacco, Dalton or Romo would have a tough time QB backing with the way this team is playing.

If this team played with the guts and determination that Fitz plays with they would be alot better than 5-5.

This might be the second best post I have ever read . :)

tve54-19660219-133.jpg

you know I can't believe how dumb some of the coordinators and HC's are in this league. It just makes the smart ones stand out so much more.

Belichick no matter how much you hate him is a very smart coach with the best schemes in place in the NFL .... Sure he has made some high profile blunders but that's very few and far between. Bruce Arians is showing hes a very smart coach as well.

If Tom Brady was drafted by any other team Incuding the Jets he would have NEVER made it in the NFL and I'm pretty damn sure of that. As a matter of fact if he was a Jet everyone on this board would have been posting pic's of his draft photos and laughing out loud making a mockery of him. Plus the coaches and staff's we had in place at the time he was drafted would have totally destroyed him anyway. Theres more to being a great QB than just having talent and brains a lot has to do with the system and talent around the QB and there have been examples of this throughout the history of this league.

I could not agree more. Brady is excellent, but I think you are 100% right in that he would be unknown if not for Belichick. I think he has developed into an all time great QB, but I think Jet fans vastly underrate how important both of those guys are to each other. Brady has constantly taken home team discounts to stay with the Patriots, and I think he knows damn well that he would not be what he is without Belichick.

I was a big believer in bradford, but he's been shown up big time this year. Really unimpressive. He gets excellent protection in the pocket, yet he still doesn't find the open receiver. More worryingly, he is incapable of playing consistently over 4 quarters. I know it's his first year back, but the performances aren't really encouraging. 

nonsense...he is not a good QB..he played awful yesterday and was a large part of the reason we lose..when you consistently struggle on offense it brings the defense down too..he was inaccurate and made terrible decisions. So He Rushes For A TD, who cares? When it mattered he threw 2 awful picks that were 100% on him, no one else. He needs to sit, period.

Totally correct, our 'vaunted' shot down defense and defense scheme is getting schooled each week and the 'inconvenience' called special teams is biting us in the ass.  We let a two player team in houston thump us.

just stop it.  2 of the INts were in total garbage time.  Philly lost b/c the D was torn apart.

I wanted to take a chance on Bradford before the season but he has been atrocious in Philly and obviously can't stay healthy.

just stop it.  2 of the INts were in total garbage time.  Philly lost b/c the D was torn apart.

I wanted to take a chance on Bradford before the season but he has been atrocious in Philly and obviously can't stay healthy.

Just stop it?  Is that what Chip Kelly said to Sanchez after the second int?  Dude just can't help himself.

You're asking a lot. Fitz is a decent QB but he's not the type of QB that can overcome a big deficit though. He just doesn't have the arm to do that.  He is the ultimate game manager in the vein of a Trent Dilfer.  The Ravens won a SB with Dilfer as their QB but had one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. We do not. And our offense, even with the additions you mentioned, still far very short of making a significant impact.  Yea we could make the playoffs but wouldn't go far and that's only because the majority of teams in the NFL suck!.  There are just to many holes on this team and its aging even faster next year.  Mangold, at best has 2 years left. Revis is already being exposed but still has quality time left.  Harris is ancient, expensive and just signed a new contract - the guy has been invisible lately and is on the decline. The other LB's are useless besides Mauldin, who looks promising.  Dbrick is another liability, is expensive and I cant see him coming back at 9 mil next year.  Cro eats crow. If he comes back, Mac needs to be fired with Bowles.  Our secondary and DL are very good and have depth but the rest of the team lacks depth and game breakers.  The special teams are pathetic, worst in the league.  A complete overhaul is needed there.   Football is a TEAM game. If Fitz had all the pieces in place, I could see him taking us to the promised land, but those pieces are just too many to fill.                    

Archived