Why is Ridley in the NFL?

drdetroit

we can't run w/ Ivory and you expect to be able to run w/ Ridley who still isn't completely healthy?

Ridley is pure gabage.  He sucked with the Pats and he sucks here, why they signed him is baffling.  Bilal Powell seemed to run the ball pretty well yesterday, Ridley not so much.

2015: 7 carries for -1 yards

Great pickup guys you were right that crow I'm drinking tastes great!

He is our 4th running back. He is the back up toilet to the Porta potty. Hes basically an outhouse. And you eat crow, you don't drink it. Thats probably your problem.

Why are we complaining about the 4th string running back on a one year show me contract for peanuts? There are much bigger fish to fry than Stevan Ridley.

Because when they put him in for a series they are basically just wasting a possession because he has zero moves and no burst and if i'm not mistaken, every time he has been on the field it has been a three and out with him gaining negative yardage.  He should not see the field, he is useless.   He makes Powell look like Walter Payton 

I 100% totally hated that we picked him up in the off season, especially when we had to wait for months for him to recover.  Should have went harder after Vereen.  Also why did we stack our backup rbs with jag vets instead of picking up some true development RB.  Other teams seem to be able to pick up at least short term star rbs all over the place as late rounders or FA's

Because when they put him in for a series they are basically just wasting a possession because he has zero moves and no burst and if i'm not mistaken, every time he has been on the field it has been a three and out with him gaining negative yardage.  He should not see the field, he is useless.   He makes Powell look like Walter Payton 

Stacy is hurt. Powell is coming off of an injury. Ivory is banged up. Ridley was decent in New England. This is not a big deal. Probably a bad signing in retrospect, but not the worst they've made.

I 100% totally hated that we picked him up in the off season, especially when we had to wait for months for him to recover.  Should have went harder after Vereen.  Also why did we stack our backup rbs with jag vets instead of picking up some true development RB.  Other teams seem to be able to pick up at least short term star rbs all over the place as late rounders or FA's

This is the part that is mind boggling, as if he was some spectacular addition 

Stacy is hurt. Powell is coming off of an injury. Ivory is banged up. Ridley was decent in New England. This is not a big deal. Probably a bad signing in retrospect, but not the worst they've made.

Well we are talking about our beloved Jets here so it is hard to be the worst signing.  The biggest issue is that he was picked up because he could catch the ball which was a weakness with our backs.  I'm pretty sure that they have not thrown one ball to him while continuing to run him into the line for no gain.    

Meh... they need to ovehaul the RBs this offseason anyway. Ivory and Stacy can stay but we need some young blood and absolutely NEED a receiving back for screens. Give me a RB from Rounds 2-5 and I'll be happy. A Duke Johnson, Ameer Abdullah, David Johnson, Karlos Williams-type that can catch!

why can't we get a dynamic pass catching RB that can outrun people?

Ivory is ok but he is so overrated.  Powell, Stacy and Ridley are trash.  

We'd be better off giving Sheldon Richardson 10 carries per game I'm not kidding.

Archived