Todd Bowles on Jets WR Devin Smith: Rookies need to grow up ~ ~ ~

kelly

It is actually extraordinary the free ride that Marshall has received from posters on this board.  Yes, he is the best receiving talent we have had on the team in I don't even know how long and,  he makes highlight reel catches almost every week.  But he also drops passes at an astonishing rate, he fumbles and who can forget that bonehead lateral manoeuvre?   Marshall gets oodles of praise for the good things he does and almost no mention is made of the weekly turds he is dropping on the dining room table. 

Brandon Marshall is a double-edged sword and we saw it again this Sunday.

marshal is a 2 for 1 player. for every 2 great plays he makes, you can count on 1 head scratcher

marshal is a 2 for 1 player. for every 2 great plays he makes, you can count on 1 head scratcher

I said that after the Eagles game & before he dropped that TD vs the Pats. Pats would have had to score & TD & a 2 point conversion! I'd like our chances there.

Guy isn't a fighter...

...really sums up what I've seen from him.  Kind of an cocky kid who melts without adulation and has never really been challenged and therefore doesn't know how to respond to challenge.  Hopefully he'll mature as a player, I'm just going off what he hasn't shown so far which is a willingness to mix it up.

It is actually extraordinary the free ride that Marshall has received from posters on this board.  Yes, he is the best receiving talent we have had on the team in I don't even know how long and,  he makes highlight reel catches almost every week.  But he also drops passes at an astonishing rate, he fumbles and who can forget that bonehead lateral manoeuvre?   Marshall gets oodles of praise for the good things he does and almost no mention is made of the weekly turds he is dropping on the dining room table. 

Brandon Marshall is a double-edged sword and we saw it again this Sunday.

Marshall built up enough goodwill during the 4-1 start to have a few off games, now if that continues... I was watching the game with my brother and boy oh boy, Marshall looked depressed on the sideline from the jump.  I was yelling at the tv telling him to get his head in the game but I guess it didnt work...

As for Smith, he is a rookie who has missed a lot of time... The only good news that i can think of is that his bread and butter in college was catching long passes.  i think i saw an indepth look at his skills before the championship college game he played.  So, I am sure he hasnt forgotten how to catch a damn football, it is just a matter of getting over those rookie jittters.

Not too much talk on these boards this week about Fitz noodle arm.  He missed a couple of throws but by and large, his receiving corp let him(and us) down. 

Very dissappointed...

Marshall built up enough goodwill during the 4-1 start to have a few off games, now if that continues... I was watching the game with my brother and boy oh boy, Marshall looked depressed on the sideline from the jump.  I was yelling at the tv telling him to get his head in the game but I guess it didnt work...

As for Smith, he is a rookie who has missed a lot of time... The only good news that i can think of is that his bread and butter in college was catching long passes.  i think i saw an indepth look at his skills before the championship college game he played.  So, I am sure he hasnt forgotten how to catch a damn football, it is just a matter of getting over those rookie jittters.

Not too much talk on these boards this week about Fitz noodle arm.  He missed a couple of throws but by and large, his receiving corp let him(and us) down. 

Very dissappointed...

Are you kidding?  Of all the topics on these boards the subject of Fitz's "noodle arm" has been utterly and completely beaten to death more loudly and more often than any other subject since the Internet was invented.

Even during the 4-1 start there were numerous examples of Marshall's "dark side".  I just think he was given a completely free pass on that.

Archived