JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins

JustInFudge

When preparing for the Houston Texans, who are the 2 players that you're concerned with the most?  No, the answer is not TJ Yates, you silly geese.  Nope, not Arian Foster, he's injured. You actually dont even need to think about the question because I conveniently gave you the answer in the title of the thread.  You're welcome.  

Hopkins - 5, 128, 23.6 per, 2 TD's

Watt - 8 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 tackles for loss, 5 QB hits

That's what the Jets let them do on Sunday.  No safety help over the top for Hopkins for anyone on the team including the corners not named Revis.  The great Breno Giacomini gets Watt 1 on 1 all game long with no chip blocks or extra lineman because he's that good. 

But it's cool guys, we're not going to let the other teams dictate what we do. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post, but Watt abused more than just Giacomini. They moved him around, made sure he embarrassed everyone... Brick, Giaco, Fitz, Gailey... all of them.

They didnt move him till late in the game, and ofcourse he got to the QB. lol   The guy is a beast but they let him go 1 on 1 for 3 quarters, running right at him and literally acting like he's not on the field because we're not going to let other teams dictate what we do.

It's hard to have safety help over the top when you're blitzing all of the time. The defensive line cannot generate a rush without sending LBers or safeties on the blitz, so it often creates one on one situations where one of the corners is going to get beat. Revis, Cro, Williams, and Skrine have all been victim of this at one time or another this season. It also doesn't help that linebackers on this team can't cover tight ends or running backs coming out of the backfield. It's pathetic. I'd rather have an extra corner shadowing the RB at this point than see DeMario Davis or David Harris on 3rd down again.

It's hard to have safety help over the top when you're blitzing all of the time. The defensive line cannot generate a rush without sending LBers or safeties on the blitz, so it often creates one on one situations where one of the corners is going to get beat. Revis, Cro, Williams, and Skrine have all been victim of this at one time or another this season. It also doesn't help that linebackers on this team can't cover tight ends or running backs coming out of the backfield. It's pathetic. I'd rather have an extra corner shadowing the RB at this point than see DeMario Davis or David Harris on 3rd down again.

This, our corners haven't played as well as expected but some of that blame needs to be placed on the D-Line.  Our defensive scheme is dictated a lot on getting QB pressure so your force the QB into mistakes and turnovers and our D-line has just not done that without blitzing.

I was told, we had the best in the business at scheming around weaknesses, playing the best players and taking away what other teams want to do.  This sounds like nothing but excuses.  The game plans coming out of the Jets camp are laughable right now.

Ivory and Powell were averaging basically 5 yards per.  They get 12 carries compared to 39 passes vs. a team who's terrible vs. the run and great vs. the pass.  Meanwhile, the Texans, who are terrible at running the Football stuck with Blue and gave him 21 carries at 2.8 a pop and had 37 run plays vs. a great Jets run D and ultimately let TJ Yates and Cecil Shorts beat them on 3 throws. 

The CS during the week was comparing Watt to Howie Long but unfortunately Watt is much closer to LT than Howie Long.  I don't know if they realized how great Watt was.

Then why the **** are they in the position they're in?  That's ridiculous.  

the CS looks lost in recent weeks.

Gailey is coaching a game that has long passed him by.

Bobby April shouldnt have a job.

Who the **** is Kasy Rodgers?

Bowles looks to be in wayyyyyyy over his had.  He's the worst in game decision making HC I've ever seen and his personnel usage is a joke.  And the rookie excuse cant be used.  It's mind boggling stupid sh*t that casual Football fans know better. 

The Jets assumed Revis could eliminate Hopkins.  I did too, not using him in DFS at all.   We were all wrong.  Hopkins abused Revis.  Yes, abused.  He beat him deep twice, at least (one was overthrown).

JJ Watt abused the whole line, and the defensive scheme abused us.

With all that said, we couldn't get off the damned field against them.  I saw the bigger problem being on offense.  Houston hadn't let up a defensive TD in 3 games, so I thought it would be low scoring.  I didn't think they'd march down the field in a 10-10 game score, stop us, then do it again to make it 24-10.

It's another game where we traveled and didn't look like we wanted to be there (like Oakland, just not as bad).

Watt is a scary man. It must be nice having a big man who can actually get penetrate and get to the qb. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. If Braylon Edwards was here he could have stopped him. Lets not even talk about the mauling Ryan Spadola would have put on him. 

The Jets sucked yesterday and there's absolutely no excuses for it, but if concentrating on a good player was all it took to shut them down, then every team would be doing it and neither of these guys would have done a damn thing all season.  Unfortunately, that's not actually how football works at all.  The Jets' players, coaches, and all other associated parties deserve their criticism, but it's kind of laughable the ridiculous simplification others having been trying to make of it, as if no team had ever considered that it might be a good thing if the opponent's best players didn't do so well.  I can only imagine how it would have gone over if Revis was the CB receiving the most safety help yesterday when they still lost.

They didnt move him till late in the game, and ofcourse he got to the QB. lol   The guy is a beast but they let him go 1 on 1 for 3 quarters, running right at him and literally acting like he's not on the field because we're not going to let other teams dictate what we do.

Fair enough. I stopped watching in the first half, came back in the fourth quarter. I was going on what the announcers were saying.

The Jets assumed Revis could eliminate Hopkins.  I did too, not using him in DFS at all.   We were all wrong.  Hopkins abused Revis.  Yes, abused.  He beat him deep twice, at least (one was overthrown).

With all that said, we couldn't get off the damned field against them.  I saw the bigger problem being on offense.  Houston hadn't let up a defensive TD in 3 games, so I thought it would be low scoring.  I didn't think they'd march down the field in a 10-10 game score, stop us, then do it again to make it 24-10.

It's another game where we traveled and didn't look like we wanted to be there (like Oakland, just not as bad).

that is poor coaching.  Revis has been good this season but clearly not his old self that we got used to before he left. 

Nothing we've seen from Revis this year makes that assumption valid.  That's on coaching.  He did it with Marcus Williams too.  Left him all alone on Hopkins.

Offense has been a problem all year but losing to TJ Yates, on a short week, is unacceptable for a supposedly defensive genius. 

The Jets sucked yesterday and there's absolutely no excuses for it, but if concentrating on a good player was all it took to shut them down, then every team would be doing it and neither of these guys would have done a damn thing all season.  Unfortunately, that's not actually how football works at all.  The Jets' players, coaches, and all other associated parties deserve their criticism, but it's kind of laughable the ridiculous simplification others having been trying to make of it, as if no team had ever considered that it might be a good thing if the opponent's best players didn't do so well.  I can only imagine how it would have gone over if Revis was the CB receiving the most safety help yesterday when they still lost.

JJ Watt is one thing my man, but if you cant scheme to stop 1 receiver with a completely revamped secondary vs. TJ ******* Yates, you have no business in this league. 

Sorry, that's a bull sh*t excuse.  

10 days to prepare brother, 10 days. 

Offense looks bad when mangold is out.  Happened in oakland, happened yesterday - Nick out, 3 and outs all over the place.  Maybe its a coincidence maybe not.  I feel like the offence can be average or just good enough, but without mangold it looks more like the offence from the past couple years.

Offense looks bad when mangold is out.  Happened in oakland, happened yesterday - Nick out, 3 and outs all over the place.  Maybe its a coincidence maybe not.  I feel like the offence can be average or just good enough, but without mangold it looks more like the offence from the past couple years.

If that is indeed true, then the other 10 starters should hang their heads that it all goes to sh!t when one player goes out.

I bet that Todd Bowles wishes this team had started off a bit slower.  Jets and Texans are both 5-5, but we are talking about Bowles like he should be in trouble. 

Yes. Bowles would be MUCH better off if the Jets were 2-8 after spending about $50M this offseason....LOL

Question- does the NFL have different rules for JJ Watt? Isnt taking off your helmet to argue a penalty for anyone else? he did this at least twice yesterday. The guys a great player but come on...he's slightly annoying.

Said it in the game thread.  It happened twice and one of them was solely so he could go talk sh*t to Carpenter.   

Question- does the NFL have different rules for JJ Watt? Isnt taking off your helmet to argue a penalty for anyone else? he did this at least twice yesterday. The guys a great player but come on...he's slightly annoying.

Hes an awesome player and by all accounts a pretty good dude. You just find him annoying because he dominated our O-Line yesterday, and Bowles and Gailey allowed it. LOL

I thought that was an automatic 15-yard penalty if you take your helmet off on the field?

It is...but apparently not for JJ Watt.  He literally ripped it right off, right in front of the ref for no other reason than so he go talk sh*t to Carpenter.  No flag.  Crucial 3rd down play too and the Jets can use all the help they can get.  haha

Archived