JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins

JustInFudge

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ Watt is one thing my man, but if you cant scheme to stop 1 receiver with a completely revamped secondary vs. TJ ******* Yates, you have no business in this league. 

Sorry, that's a bull sh*t excuse.  

10 days to prepare brother, 10 days. 

What supposed "excuse" are you referring to?  The Jets sucked, there's no excuse for that for anyone involved with this team, players, coaches, or otherwise.  That still doesn't change the oversimplification being attempted of eliminating a good player.  It's not some random coincidence that the guy is 3rd in the league for catches and yards, and 2nd in TDs.  The Jets needed to stop him and failed miserably at doing so, and they suck ass for that.  However, believe it or not, Hopkins' success is not because no one in the league has uncovered the amazing secret that he is a good player, and so opt to ignore the guy.

What supposed "excuse" are you referring to?  The Jets sucked, there's no excuse for that for anyone involved with this team, players, coaches, or otherwise.  That still doesn't change the oversimplification being attempted of eliminating a good player.  It's not some random coincidence that the guy is 3rd in the league for catches and yards, and 2nd in TDs.  The Jets needed to stop him and failed miserably at doing so, and they suck ass for that.  However, believe it or not, Hopkins' success is not because no one in the league has uncovered the amazing secret that he is a good player, and so opt to ignore the guy.

The, he's too good to stop him excuse.  That's what you're using right now.  They had 10 days to figure out a way to limit him with a $150M secondary.  He doesnt go off for 120+ at 23 per with 2 TD's, every week.  But he did this week vs. a team that had 10 days to prepare with $150M secondary and TJ ******* Yates throwing him the ball for **** sake.

you really struggle w/ reading.  where did I tell you to leave the site?   do you get anything right?

Well, this thread is about JJ Watt and Deandre Hopkins, not the Jets "recent struggles". Therefore, since the majority of other threads on the site are about those struggles, it is implicit that you are talking about Jetnation.com, not this thread, when you said "get out of here".

Sheesh, you aren't even good at backpedalling. 

Well, this thread is about JJ Watt and Deandre Hopkins, not the Jets "recent struggles". Therefore, since the majority of other threads on the site are about those struggles, it is implicit that you are talking about Jetnation.com, not this thread, when you said "get out of here".

Sheesh, you aren't even good at backpedalling. 

but you didn't watch JJ Watt and Hopkins. 

The, he's too good to stop him excuse.  That's what you're using right now.  They had 10 days to figure out a way to limit him with a $150M secondary.  He doesnt go off for 120+ at 23 per with 2 TD's, every week.  But he did this week vs. a team that had 10 days to prepare with $150M secondary and TJ ******* Yates throwing him the ball for **** sake.

No, it's simply that he's too good for this kind of game to be the cause of such brilliant analysis as "HERP DERP WHY TEAM NO TRY STOP HIM???"  The Jets sucked ass yesterday, there's no argument there, but this thread is really saying nothing.  Yes, the Jets got their asses thoroughly kicked, most notably by a couple of very good players.  I'm sorry to have to be the one to give you the bad news, but even you standing on the sideline pointing at Hopkins and screaming to everyone the mind-bending reality that he is a good player wouldn't have changed that one bit.

No, it's simply that he's too good for this kind of game to be the cause of such brilliant analysis as "HERP DERP WHY TEAM NO TRY STOP HIM???"  The Jets sucked ass yesterday, there's no argument there, but this thread is really saying nothing.  Yes, the Jets got their asses thoroughly kicked, most notably by a couple of very good players.  I'm sorry to have to be the one to give you the bad news, but even you standing on the sideline pointing at Hopkins and screaming to everyone the mind-bending reality that he is a good player wouldn't have changed that one bit.

They should just start letting good players score uncontested  since their is apparently now way to scheme to stop good players.  Why waste everyone's time?  Just hand them the ball and move out the way!!!!  They're too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had to take my daughter to her soccer game.  Listened on the radio. 

That is more than understandable.  Nothing wrong w/ that but when someone claims to be a fan and says they "stopped watching" that is completely different and then adds comments based on what announcers were saying. 

This post is so full of fail.

That last line, gold.

They should just start letting good players score uncontested  since their is apparently now way to scheme to stop good players.  Why waste everyone's time?  Just hand them the ball and move out the way!!!!  They're too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I can't believe that's exactly what the Jets did.  Good job calling them out on that.

Yeah, I can't believe that's exactly what the Jets did.  Good job calling them out on that.

Why scheme vs. JJ Watt and waste resources blocking him?  He's too good!!!!!  Just let him get sacks, all day, every day!  Much easier on everyone that way.

Why scheme vs. JJ Watt and waste resources blocking him?  He's too good!!!!!  Just let him get sacks, all day, every day!  Much easier on everyone that way.

Good call, because everyone knows that the only reason any player in NFL history has ever done well in any game ever is because the other team chose not to scheme against them at all.

That is more than understandable.  Nothing wrong w/ that but when someone claims to be a fan and says they "stopped watching" that is completely different and then adds comments based on what announcers were saying. 

I watched it on the dvr after. 

It is...but apparently not for JJ Watt.  He literally ripped it right off, right in front of the ref for no other reason than so he go talk sh*t to Carpenter.  No flag.  Crucial 3rd down play too and the Jets can use all the help they can get.  haha

I only saw him do it once and I think he didn't get flagged because Watt was hit up high from behind on the play so I figured that shot knocked his helmet off partially so he took it off to put it back on.  Didn't see a second time.

Good call, because everyone knows that the only reason any player in NFL history has ever done well in any game ever is because the other team chose not to scheme against them at all.

Between all the sarcastic back and forth between you and JiF, I don't even know your stance on the thread topic.

Are you saying that the Jets effectively losing the game due to repeatedly getting beat by Nuk and Watt is 100% on the Jets players that got beat 1 on 1?
You're saying that the coaches, with 10 days to prepare, had the correct game plan going into the game, and correctly made no adjustments to the game-flow until the game was effectively out of reach- because ultimately the players on the field decide the outcome of the game?

Is that your stance here?

Why try?  They are too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between all the sarcastic back and forth between you and JiF, I don't even know your stance on the thread topic.

Are you saying that the Jets effectively losing the game due to repeatedly getting beat by Nuk and Watt is 100% on the Jets players that got beat 1 on 1?
You're saying that the coaches, with 10 days to prepare, had the correct game plan going into the game, and correctly made no adjustments to the game-flow until the game was effectively out of reach- because ultimately the players on the field decide the outcome of the game?

He's throwing his hands up saying there is nothing that could possibly be done so why even try.  That's his stance.  

Nah, just after so many years of JiF, my stance is that he needs to stop being so JiFy.  He likes to throw fits while patting himself on the back for his supposedly brilliant insight.  His claim is that the problem was that the Jets were completely oblivious to these players actually being any good, and if the team had simply paid any attention, they obviously would have just stopped both of them all game long, because you know... they wanted to.  The Jets still failed miserably despite people associated with the team actually having been well aware of these players (much to JiF's dismay), and that falls on both the players and the coaches, as I've already stated repeatedly.

What JiF is arguing against is a figment of his own imagination, but then again that's really the only way he ever has a chance to win one with anyone on these boards, so tough to blame him.

Why try?  They are too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reports say that there was a team meeting before the game, saying that none of the Jets should go anywhere near either of those two guys, as just their aura would eradicate them all.  If only you were there to set them straight, amirite?

On a side note, I'm not sure if you're making me regret having left for so long, or ever coming back... it's a toss up.

Nah, just after so many years of JiF, my stance is that he needs to stop being so JiFy.  He likes to throw fits while patting himself on the back for his supposedly brilliant insight.  His claim is that the problem was that the Jets were completely oblivious to these players actually being any good, and if the team had simply paid any attention, they obviously would have just stopped both of them all game long, because you know... they wanted to.  The Jets still failed miserably despite people associated with the team actually having been well aware of these players (much to JiF's dismay), and that falls on both the players and the coaches, as I've already stated repeatedly.

What JiF is arguing against is a figment of his own imagination, but then again that's really the only way he ever has a chance to win one with anyone on these boards, so tough to blame him.

Ok so I don't want to get in the middle of you guys, but I don't think the issue was that the Jets coaches weren't aware- rather it's that they were very much aware of it, but didn't take the necessary actions in their game-plan to limit the two best players on the field. That's basically the job of the coaches, and the coaches failed the players in this instance.

The Watt stuff speaks for itself: guy's the best defensive player on the planet over the past 30 games, and for 3/4 of the game, we were getting pulverized by it. Sure, losing Mangold hurt and required the guard play to shift more towards the center leaving the edges weak, but that's where in-game adjustments need to be made. Instead, we just let the best player in the world go 1 on 1 with our guys. Not a recipe for success. 

Revis has been beat multiple times in multiple games this year, and fortunately for us, the other team simply hadn't connected. So what do we do? We leave him on an island, and he gets burned on the second play of the game deep, and again, they don't connect. So what do we do again later on? Leave him on an island deep, and finally an opponent connects. It's not rocket science to know that Revis needs safety help over the top now. He doesn't have the speed he used to have, so regardless of how technically sound he is and how he uses his strength, balance, and the sideline to his advantage, the deep part of his game is a liability for us and has been all season. Meanwhile, Nuk is a size:speed freak with great hands who can get deep easily. This is something the coaches had 10 days to prepare for, yet they didn't do a single thing pre-game or during the game in the form of adjustments to reconcile this glaring weakness.

Ok so I don't want to get in the middle of you guys, but I don't think the issue was that the Jets coaches weren't aware- rather it's that they were very much aware of it, but didn't take the necessary actions in their game-plan to limit the two best players on the field. That's basically the job of the coaches, and the coaches failed the players in this instance.

The Watt stuff speaks for itself: guy's the best defensive player on the planet over the past 30 games, and for 3/4 of the game, we were getting pulverized by it. Sure, losing Mangold hurt and required the guard play to shift more towards the center leaving the edges weak, but that's where in-game adjustments need to be made. Instead, we just let the best player in the world go 1 on 1 with our guys. Not a recipe for success. 

Revis has been beat multiple times in multiple games this year, and fortunately for us, the other team simply hadn't connected. So what do we do? We leave him on an island, and he gets burned on the second play of the game deep, and again, they don't connect. So what do we do again later on? Leave him on an island deep, and finally an opponent connects. It's not rocket science to know that Revis needs safety help over the top now. He doesn't have the speed he used to have, so regardless of how technically sound he is and how he uses his strength, balance, and the sideline to his advantage, the deep part of his game is a liability for us and has been all season. Meanwhile, Nuk is a size:speed freak with great hands who can get deep easily. This is something the coaches had 10 days to prepare for, yet they didn't do a single thing pre-game or during the game in the form of adjustments to reconcile this glaring weakness.

It's cool, JiF <3s me... even despite me not being a fat chick.  But yeah, I do get what you're saying, but with the sh*t show this team was across the board, this was likely a lose-lose situation.  The crappy pass rush means they're sending more blitzers (although not particularly successfully), so less guys are in coverage.  Revis is undoubtedly not what he once was, but still far and away the best corner the Jets have, so there's others with far more need of safety help than him.  It's not like there was never any help for him either, but obviously not on every play (or anywhere close).  Even if that was how they went with it, all that's happening is the remaining few in coverage, most specifically the LBs, are going to get destroyed when the coverage rolls away from them, and instead we'd be bitching about how the only player that was given help over the top was the Jets' best.  In the end, the game plan was obviously crap and a complete failure, but the bottom line is that the original start of this thread was a ridiculous oversimplification of the problem.

... plus it was from JiF.

This is my claim?  LMFAO.  Please show me where I said that.   You've taken me simply stating, they didnt do enough to neutralize their 2 best players (ei: no safety help on Hopkins, no double teams on Watt) to now putting words in my mouth that I claimed the coaching staff was just completely oblivious to their existence all together.

Are you scum? 

Reports say that there was a team meeting before the game, saying that none of the Jets should go anywhere near either of those two guys, as just their aura would eradicate them all.  If only you were there to set them straight, amirite?

On a side note, I'm not sure if you're making me regret having left for so long, or ever coming back... it's a toss up.

Did you grow a vagina?  

So strange that you came away with that perspective vs. BG's interpretation of my "claim". lol

It's cool, JiF <3s me... even despite me not being a fat chick.  But yeah, I do get what you're saying, but with the sh*t show this team was across the board, this was likely a lose-lose situation.  The crappy pass rush means they're sending more blitzers (although not particularly successfully), so less guys are in coverage.  Revis is undoubtedly not what he once was, but still far and away the best corner the Jets have, so there's others with far more need of safety help than him.  It's not like there was never any help for him either, but obviously not on every play (or anywhere close).  Even if that was how they went with it, all that's happening is the remaining few in coverage, most specifically the LBs, are going to get destroyed when the coverage rolls away from them, and instead we'd be bitching about how the only player that was given help over the top was the Jets' best.  In the end, the game plan was obviously crap and a complete failure, but the bottom line is that the original start of this thread was a ridiculous oversimplification of the problem.

He beat Marcus Williams over the top when Revis went down.  No safety help on that play.

But carry on...

It's hard to have safety help over the top when you're blitzing all of the time. The defensive line cannot generate a rush without sending LBers or safeties on the blitz, so it often creates one on one situations where one of the corners is going to get beat. Revis, Cro, Williams, and Skrine have all been victim of this at one time or another this season. It also doesn't help that linebackers on this team can't cover tight ends or running backs coming out of the backfield. It's pathetic. I'd rather have an extra corner shadowing the RB at this point than see DeMario Davis or David Harris on 3rd down again.

On the TD throw from the WR on the lateral pass, it was Cromartie that blew that. He leaves his area to "double team" the TE when he vacates the area the RB fills it and is one on one with Davis who is way off the play. If Cro stays home it blows that play up completely.

4 straight posts of JiF being butthurt... VICTORY!!!

On a side note, something being done, or not, on select plays is not equivalent to something being done for the entire game, which has been the assertion from the first to last posts, and it's still wrong.

OMG - they're too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How can we ever compete with such greatness?  Why do we even try??????  We should just ask them not to play and stuff and then maybe just maybe we'll have a chance.

///BG'd

I mean....so you effectively agree with JiF's entire reason for the thread; that the gameplan going into the game + the lack of in-game adjustments by the coaching staff were both terrible.

And yet, all the verbiage and hostility. 

I think I fell ass-backwards into a lovers quarrel, and nothing more.

Excuse me as I moon-walk on out. 

Archived