Quinton Coples Waived

Maxman

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anything more to this story, like did something happen?  Even if he doesn't play, isn't he worth keeping around as a backup for the rest of the season, i.e Kerley?

Seems very surprising to waive him now...

Bowles is attempting to send a message. Coples is an easy guy to scapegoat. He has name value... was a former #1 pick.. But he hasn't been on the field, and wasn't going to be resigned.

Is there anything more to this story, like did something happen?  Even if he doesn't play, isn't he worth keeping around as a backup for the rest of the season, i.e Kerley?

Seems very surprising to waive him now...

Kerley returns punts (for better or worse), what does Coples do on special teams?  Nada

next year

That doesn't make sense. You cut him after this season to make room for next season, not with 6 games left this season to make room for next season.

If that's the reason, then I think we just pissed away a compensatory pick.

Cutting him to send a message to others now, or if something happened after the game (that we're not aware of yet), is another - and unrelated - matter.

I blame Rex for this...Square peg round hole, good luck Quinton!

some smart team will pick him up before the days end, all the while getting a good laugh at the jets for trying to make him something he is not. put your weight back on, Quinton, and get back on the d-line where you belong

Archived