Fitzy named starter this week

afosomf

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We accomplish nothing as a building team with Fitzpatrick. This whole season I've been angry about him starting even when we were 4-1. I just can't come to terms with delaying the future. All this does is make sure we won't draft high enough to get a franchise qb while losing just enough games to not make the playoffs. I haven't been this upset about a season since brooks bollinger was starting. 

Well Bowles showed 2 instances of questionable judgement today...cutting Coples as a message, potentially losing a comp pick and continuing to start Fitz 

Since when does the coach cut or waive anyone? And Coples wouldn't have garnered a comp pick because he was under contract next season. I know you're a Debbie Downee but could you at least be an informed one?

In all seriousness, jets aren't moving forward with Geno (long term) and Petty isn't ready.  Since no matter how good Geno plays they won't marry him, and Petty is as ready as me or any of you to play, this is the logical choice until we are mathematically eliminated, like it or not.

Funny enough, this is DE ja vu for Fitz last year, except despite the hot start they pulled him for mallet when he flat lined.  Texans knew what they had when they sent him our way.  Think they miss him?

Bowles better hope that this season turns around. He has now firmly made his choice. As well as the choice not to bench cro or demario.

If we continue this utter collapse only 1 man can be blamed,and thats todd bowles.

And as we saw with idzik,the fans will not hesistate to turn on someone who doesnt produce immediate results. And woody johnson will do what the fans cry for,right or wrong.

Doesn't really matter at this point. We aren't going 4-2 rest of the season and you need at least 9 wins to make the playoffs. Start Petty for all I care. Let the kid get some experience under his belt. 

You know what's scary?  It wouldn't surprise me if we went totally into the tank.  We look really bad the last three weeks.

You know what's scary?  It wouldn't surprise me if we went totally into the tank.  We look really bad the last three weeks.

Honestly what's really scary about this team is that it could just as easily go 5-1 as it could go 1-5 the rest of the way.  Really hope Bowles knows what he's doing.  Because if we end up 6-10 to 8-8 after starting 4-1, Bowles will have failed miserably.

Good. Fitz being the scapegoat for these losses this season is way overblown.

if they made f'n t-sh*ts for him when We were 4-1, which was way too much credit since he was turning the ball over 1.5 times per game (a rate that even surpassed Geno - 2014) I think it's fair to kick him when he's down too.  If you're man enough to absorb the credit, you have to be man enough to shoulder some blame.  If not, hand over the position because that's what playing QB in the NFL is about 

Honestly what's really scary about this team is that it could just as easily go 5-1 as it could go 1-5 the rest of the way.  Really hope Bowles knows what he's doing.  Because if we end up 6-10 to 8-8 after starting 4-1, Bowles will have failed miserably.

The players, coaches, and game decisions have looked really suspect the last few weeks.  I mean, completely out of synch.  I expected more from Bowles.  Like you, I can see a 1-5 disaster in our future. 

Pretty sad...if receivers catch well thrown deep balls, Fitz is a hero and the Jets are in great shape for the wild card. Can't keep dropping clutch passes week after week after week...and no running game, and the wildcat was embarrassing....and poor play calling, and clock management, and penalties...twelve men on the field, and defense getting drawn offside by TJ Yates....and no TE...and Devin Smith...

Pretty sad...if receivers catch well thrown deep balls, Fitz is a hero and the Jets are in great shape for the wild card. Can't keep dropping clutch passes week after week after week...and no running game, and the wildcat was embarrassing....and poor play calling, and clock management, and penalties...twelve men on the field, and defense getting drawn offside by TJ Yates....and no TE...and Devin Smith...

if fitz could throw well thrown deep balls he'd be a hero

In all seriousness, jets aren't moving forward with Geno (long term) and Petty isn't ready.  Since no matter how good Geno plays they won't marry him, and Petty is as ready as me or any of you to play, this is the logical choice until we are mathematically eliminated, like it or not.

Funny enough, this is DE ja vu for Fitz last year, except despite the hot start they pulled him for mallet when he flat lined.  Texans knew what they had when they sent him our way.  Think they miss him?

Just as much as they miss Mallet..

wouldn't surprise you? it would surprise me more if they didn't. the last 3 losses are total team losses. sloppy, undisciplined, and uninspired. almost like the players could care less. and that's bad

Does not matter at all.  If this team had a good viable alternative then i would boo hoo.  Like all games our success will depend on the wr's catching the damn ball and the defense playing like they are supposed to and not like a bunch of fat lazy schmucks.

that was comical. tj yates got the entire dline to jump on 3rd and 4. tj yates against the all pros.lol

Archived