Refs got caught trying to protect Brady,lol

Jetster

That inadvertent whistle was a knee jerk reaction by the ref to protect Brady from getting hit when it looked like he was throwing the ball away. Just shows you how blatantly the league mandate is to protect Brady at all costs.

Plus face guarding & not turning around for the ball is also a legal play for Pats secondary players. I'm shocked that Belichick didn't pick up Kyle Wilson, he would be great in their defense, you don't have to turn your head.

God, the QBs are f*cking terrible in the AFC east! No wonder the a Pats have won 230 games in a row at home vs the AFC east.

That inadvertent whistle was a knee jerk reaction by the ref to protect Brady from getting hit when it looked like he was throwing the ball away. Just shows you how blatantly the league mandate is to protect Brady at all costs.

Plus face guarding & not turning around for the ball is also a legal play for Pats secondary players. I'm shocked that Belichick didn't pick up Kyle Wilson, he would be great in their defense, you don't have to turn your head.

God, the QBs are f*cking terrible in the AFC east! No wonder the a Pats have won 230 games in a row at home vs the AFC east.

Brady's numbers suck tonight too...

The best part of that whistle is the Pats fan uproar on social media that it somehow shows the league is conspiring AGAINST them. As if the refs could forsee the result of the throw that he assumed wouldn't happen.

You can't make this stuff up. 

the idiots in the crowd booing while Belichick was telling them to stfu was classic.  He said it over and over like it was his mantra.

That reminded me of the commercial where the refs mikes are on while they're trying to figure out what they'll say on a missed call. "Sorry, I thought Tom was just throwing it away & I know the mandate is to protect him at any cost".

Your mikes on.

I don't blame the NFL for trying to protect their best players. It's been another week and another few players have season ending injuries. The NFL can't with stand this injury rate in the long haul. Every week it seems someone tore their acl and are out for the year. 

Dont think it's crazy with the amount of young talent in baseball if in the next 10 years we see a shift in power amongst the sports. 

The NFL has to protect their "faces" of the teams in order for anyone to care. Even with our Jets to a lesser degree. Fitz got hurt. Geno came in. Game is unwatchable. 

Sadly this is where the NFL is headed. But it's not just Brady getting protected. It's all of the top players. The NFL needs to do this to survive. 

I don't blame the NFL for trying to protect their best players. It's been another week and another few players have season ending injuries. The NFL can't with stand this injury rate in the long haul. Every week it seems someone tore their acl and are out for the year. 

Dont think it's crazy with the amount of young talent in baseball if in the next 10 years we see a shift in power amongst the sports. 

The NFL has to protect their "faces" of the teams in order for anyone to care. Even with our Jets to a lesser degree. Fitz got hurt. Geno came in. Game is unwatchable. 

Sadly this is where the NFL is headed. But it's not just Brady getting protected. It's all of the top players. The NFL needs to do this to survive. 

fitz has been unwatchable almost the entire season. if hes the face of the team,a below average journeyman back up whos been a loser on every team he's been on......welll,that says everything about this team right now.

http://www.diabloii.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/index.jpg

The best part of that whistle is the Pats fan uproar on social media that it somehow shows the league is conspiring AGAINST them. As if the refs could forsee the result of the throw that he assumed wouldn't happen.

You can't make this stuff up. 

That is because the shill announcers already said that Amendola, or whoever was open would have scored a touchdown on the play. 

That is because the shill announcers already said that Amendola, or whoever was open would have scored a touchdown on the play. 

Darby was 2 ft away and clearly stopped when he heard whistle. Ball was in air as well and should not even allowed for catch. what i cannot figure out is WTF was rex complaining about as he entered white area?

That was hilarious.  They were so afraid Brady was going to take a hit they sh*t themselves.

This league is a joke.  The officiating is literally gone to bumbling mumbling idiots that dont know the rules

We always see new and prototype players uniforms.  At this rate NFL needs to start transitioning the refs uniforms into ones that resemble the Keystone Cops.  Afterall, it's all about entertainment at this point anyhow.

We always see new and prototype players uniforms.  At this rate NFL needs to start transitioning the refs uniforms into ones that resemble the Keystone Cops.  Afterall, it's all about entertainment at this point anyhow.

Why even have refs?  Just review every single play with all the camera angles and make the games 6 hours long.  Fixed!!!!

Well, technically it's very watchable for other teams' fans. Besides, the ball was moved quite a bit for the bulk of the game while he was in there. The unwatchable part - for Jets fans only - was him stepping OOB for a loss instead of an easy throw-away, and taking untimely sacks (which now seem to have infected Fitz anyway). 

That was hilarious.  They were so afraid Brady was going to take a hit they sh*t themselves.

This league is a joke.  The officiating is literally gone to bumbling mumbling idiots that dont know the rules

Why even have refs?  Just review every single play with all the camera angles and make the games 6 hours long.  Fixed!!!!

man you are a whiny c*nt, I'd like to slap you like that bitch from airplane 

nope. They let Rodgers and Newton get pounded. 

He led the Pats to a 10-0 record beating the Pats main AFCE rival with no receivers and no Olinemen.

But his numbers sucked?

Hilarious.

Yes, his numbers sucked because your first line has absolutely nothing to do with the second line. 

20/39 (51%) for 277 yards, 1TD, 1INT, 1fumble (not lost). 

Those are Sanchez numbers. 

He led the Pats to a 10-0 record beating the Pats main AFCE rival with no receivers and no Olinemen.

But his numbers sucked?

Hilarious.

Hell of a performance by Brady.  Can't take that away from him.  But his constant need to act like a jilted girl friend ever time he gets hit is nauseating. 

Way overblown by ESPN to continually say the whistle cost the Pats a big play as if it was a sure thing. Darby clearly stops on the play. He's a sure tackler who likely brings Amendola down immediately. Plus, by rule, the down should have replayed. For all the discussion of that play, couldn't even get a replay after the flag was picked up for a face mask. Also wasn't even a mention when Jones hit Taylor's helmet on his pass rush, in fact his pass rush move was praised by Gruden with no mention of the blatant penalty at all. The coverage bothers we more than the calls/non-calls do. 

The ref blew the whistle because Rex ran in front of him and blocked his view. He assumed Brady went out of bounds. Rex was hit with a 15 yard penalty. Another example of bad coaching. No "protecting' of Brady - just an out of control coach. 

Most parents get nervous when the kid they are responsible for leaves their eyesight.  My goofy cousin Doug almost had Disney shut down when his  kid crawled under a bush and hid for 15 minutes. 

Sheer and utter nonsense, protect the faces of the league?  so you are endorsing blatant favoritism depending on how high profile you are?  Call the game the same for EVERY player.  If you want to make it two hand touch for Brady then do the same thing for Jay Cutler, Fitzpatrick, TJ Yates.

Bottom line is they blew the call , it was a do over.  And if anyone doesn't think Brady gets special treatment they've been living under a rock. He complains more than any other player I've ever seen.  

And when he gets touched ever so slightly he falls like he got hot by a car.  I hate him. 

Well, technically it's very watchable for other teams' fans. Besides, the ball was moved quite a bit for the bulk of the game while he was in there. The unwatchable part - for Jets fans only - was him stepping OOB for a loss instead of an easy throw-away, and taking untimely sacks (which now seem to have infected Fitz anyway). 

Yup---those moments when Geno inexplicably(I am being kind here with my adverb)  wanders into the Twilight Zone

Last night was a perfect example of how stupid rex is, his backwards view of offensive football lead him to take a position that is the exact same as the one he just failed in. He doesn't value offense and certainly has no clue how to improve one. Even a little bit of offense and the bills win that game, they had Brady thoroughly frustrated.

Last night was a perfect example of how stupid rex is, his backwards view of offensive football lead him to take a position that is the exact same as the one he just failed in. He doesn't value offense and certainly has no clue how to improve one. Even a little bit of offense and the bills win that game, they had Brady thoroughly frustrated.

How is it Rex fault that tyrod missed some key throws? 

Archived