Refs got caught trying to protect Brady,lol

Jetster

Did you see Brady whining to the Ref after that hit to the chest.

No doubt. He's a freakin douche but the league needs it's "stars" to stay healthy. The NFL is quickly becoming the WWE. I have my doubts that ANY game is on the level anymore. It's all about "star power" and not about playing it straight. The rules on pass receptions and pass interference shows that it is NOT on the level anymore. The rules are written in this lawyer driven league such so that either way they call it the refs are right. That CANNOT happen in a game that values it's credibility. I know a lot of people - myself included - that have lost a lot of their zeal for football becuase of stuff like the Chung no P.I. play and a host of other similar plays. I can see myself simply doing something else on Thursday through Monday.

No doubt. He's a freakin douche but the league needs it's "stars" to stay healthy. The NFL is quickly becoming the WWE. I have my doubts that ANY game is on the level anymore. It's all about "star power" and not about playing it straight. The rules on pass receptions and pass interference shows that it is NOT on the level anymore. The rules are written in this lawyer driven league such so that either way they call it the refs are right. That CANNOT happen in a game that values it's credibility. I know a lot of people - myself included - that have lost a lot of their zeal for football becuase of stuff like the Chung no P.I. play and a host of other similar plays. I can see myself simply doing something else on Thursday through Monday.

I found it funny none of those throws in the dirt by Brady wasn't called for a grounding. 

Last night was a perfect example of how stupid rex is, his backwards view of offensive football lead him to take a position that is the exact same as the one he just failed in. He doesn't value offense and certainly has no clue how to improve one. Even a little bit of offense and the bills win that game, they had Brady thoroughly frustrated.

The only glaring error I saw came in the third period with the Bills at midfield with a fourth and inches. rex brings in his big package needing a few inches for a first down and what do they do? They run wide left and lose two yards. Also, with Tyrod hurting Rex leaves him in there although everyone knows he can't throw it deep. Taylor should have been honest and told the coach he couldn't go.

The ref blew the whistle because Rex ran in front of him and blocked his view. He assumed Brady went out of bounds. Rex was hit with a 15 yard penalty. Another example of bad coaching. No "protecting' of Brady - just an out of control coach. 

If that was the case than according to the announcers Rex would have saved a touchdown against his team in exchange for a 15 yard penalty...wouldn't that be considered good coaching?

Last night was a perfect example of how stupid rex is, his backwards view of offensive football lead him to take a position that is the exact same as the one he just failed in. He doesn't value offense and certainly has no clue how to improve one. Even a little bit of offense and the bills win that game, they had Brady thoroughly frustrated.

Meh, the Pats D is legit and that missed FG at the end of the half changed everything.

Rex gives Brady fits.  Its fun watching it.  Nobody plays him better.  Getting wins in Foxborough is impossible. 

I don't blame the NFL for trying to protect their best players. It's been another week and another few players have season ending injuries. The NFL can't with stand this injury rate in the long haul. Every week it seems someone tore their acl and are out for the year. 

Dont think it's crazy with the amount of young talent in baseball if in the next 10 years we see a shift in power amongst the sports. 

The NFL has to protect their "faces" of the teams in order for anyone to care. Even with our Jets to a lesser degree. Fitz got hurt. Geno came in. Game is unwatchable. 

Sadly this is where the NFL is headed. But it's not just Brady getting protected. It's all of the top players. The NFL needs to do this to survive. 

Um, no.  Baseball is the most boring sport in the world.  I contend that the people who watch baseball are the same people who watch professional wrestling and soap operas.  It is on everyday so they get to know the characters and feel that they are part of their own lives.  I always laugh when baseball fans talk about all the strategy.  These people would be blown away by the strategy in football. 

Um, no.  Baseball is the most boring sport in the world.  I contend that the people who watch baseball are the same people who watch professional wrestling and soap operas.  It is on everyday so they get to know the characters and feel that they are part of their own lives.  I always laugh when baseball fans talk about all the strategy.  These people would be blown away by the strategy in football. 

People who like baseball, like baseball, and that's never going away.  The NBA could maybe overtake it one day, but MLB is still the # 2 sport in the US. 

People who like football are watching a sport slowly getting ruined by the people who run it, and by the violence of the game itself.  It won't be around forever.

Just calling baseball boring and dismissing it is a personal, subjective take.  You don't like it, cool.  Doesn't mean others won't gravitate towards it if football goes away.  It's not a soap opera or fake wrestling.  It's a sport, and a popular one that's been popular for a very long time.  Much like soccer for the rest of the world. 

Bottom line is they blew the call , it was a do over.  And if anyone doesn't think Brady gets special treatment they've been living under a rock. He complains more than any other player I've ever seen.  

And when he gets touched ever so slightly he falls like he got hot by a car.  I hate him. 

Hence the reason why I feel Montana should always be rated over Brady! 

How is it Rex fault that tyrod missed some key throws? 

Saying it's Rex's fault for going to another team with a good defense and no offense.  Coming there and going after Shady as move 1, and bringing in a mobile QB just points to where his ideas about offensive football are.

Saying it's Rex's fault for going to another team with a good defense and no offense.  Coming here and going after Shady as move 1, and bringing in a mobile QB just points to where his ideas about offensive football are.

gotcha.

The best part of that whistle is the Pats fan uproar on social media that it somehow shows the league is conspiring AGAINST them. As if the refs could forsee the result of the throw that he assumed wouldn't happen.

You can't make this stuff up. 

The announcers kept saying that might have been a TD.  That's BS.  Gilmore stopped playing once he heard the whistle.  He was on Amendola's ass before the whistle was blown.  He would have just tackled him after the gain.

The thing that befuddles me the most perhaps about Rex is his love of the young unproven QB on offense and yet he loves vets on D.  From Sanchez to Geno to Taylor he adores all of these guys and for some reason doesn't realize young guys, though they have upside also make mistakes.  Of anyone in this league I would think that he would most love an Alex smith type and tell his GM to get one of those guys. 

There's no strategy in baseball only if you're not bright enough to pick up on it.

What strategy is there in this current NFL? Have the best QB? 

People who like baseball, like baseball, and that's never going away.  The NBA could maybe overtake it one day, but MLB is still the # 2 sport in the US. 

People who like football are watching a sport slowly getting ruined by the people who run it, and by the violence of the game itself.  It won't be around forever.

Just calling baseball boring and dismissing it is a personal, subjective take.  You don't like it, cool.  Doesn't mean others won't gravitate towards it if football goes away.  It's not a soap opera or fake wrestling.  It's a sport, and a popular one that's been popular for a very long time.  Much like soccer for the rest of the world. 

What? Baseball used to be the most popular sport in the country for my parents generation. All traditional sports are struggling with millennials and I'd assume baseball would have more then it's share of issues (cause of how slow it is)

Never say never, unless we're talking about you losing your virginity, then never works.

What? Baseball used to be the most popular sport in the country for my parents generation. All traditional sports are struggling with millennials and I'd assume baseball would have more then it's share of issues (cause of how slow it is)

Never say never, unless we're talking about you losing your virginity, then never works.

I am far from a millennial.  I followed baseball some when I was a kid. Even then I  preferred football, boxing and basketball. I outgrew it.

Why even have refs?  Just review every single play with all the camera angles and make the games 6 hours long.  Fixed!!!!

Yes, and the NFL can hold a sweepstakes every week where one lucky fan, for each game, can win a chance to be the "ref" for the game and make all the calls from home.

And you know a Pats fan will win for each and every game, every week.

Yes, and the NFL can hold a sweepstakes every week where one lucky fan, for each game, can win a chance to be the "ref" for the game and make all the calls from home.

And you know a Pats fan will win for each and every game, every week.

Sounds like a good idea.  Probably a huge upgrade from what they've got out there now.

Archived