Have to say it - even though I don't feel good about it

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

But we're right in the mix here and even though this team has looked terrible in recent weeks we still have as good a shot as anyone to make the postseason.

• Pittsburgh plays:  @Seattle, Indy, @Cincy, Denver, @Balt, @Clev  
  • Kansas City plays:  Bills, @Raiders, Chargers, @Ravens, Browns, Raiders
  • Bills play:  @KC, Texans, @Eagles, @Redskins, Cowboys, Jets
  • Texans:  Saints, @Bills, Pats, @Colts, @Titans, Jags
  • We play:  Fins, @Giants, Titans, @Cowboys, Pats, Bills

We're not healthy.  Our QB is not playing well.  Our OL is struggling.  Our D is not forcing TO's.  But a win on Sunday at home versus the Fish and in the "week to week" NFL all could be forgotten.

C'mon boys.  Give us something to cheer about.  Let's play some meaningful games in Dec.

It ain't gonna be easy but we have as good a chance as anyone.  Two spots up for grabs.  Remember, goal here is to get the 5 seed and go play AFC South winner.

But we're right in the mix here and even though this team has looked terrible in recent weeks we still have as good a shot as anyone to make the postseason.

We're not healthy.  Our QB is not playing well.  Our OL is struggling.  Our D is not forcing TO's.  But a win on Sunday at home versus the Fish and in the "week to week" NFL all could be forgotten.

C'mon boys.  Give us something to cheer about.  Let's play some meaningful games in Dec.

It ain't gonna be easy but we have as good a chance as anyone.  Two spots up for grabs.  Remember, goal here is to get the 5 seed and go play AFC South winner.

yep.  as bad as they have looked the last 4 weeks they are still in the wild card hunt.  which makes it that more frustrating because they could have built a big lead for the wild card if they played like they did the first 6 weeks.

We have to win a game first.  Right now this team looks like they have mailed it in.  I can barely convince myself that we will win another one.  The contrast from the beginning of the year is shocking.  Plus we all know Fitz typically gets worse as the season continues.  I can't help but think if we did win two more games it would be the most he has ever won in a season.  The team around him just isn't playing well enough to delude myself at this point.

If the Jets cannot regroup and beat the hapless Fins at home, then playoff talk will stop. If they win, there is still a chance. This week is make or break. Winning is the only option. Lose and you may as well give Geno the last 5 games to see what he's made of (and also unintentionally tanking the rest of the season to get a better draft pick).

I think they are toast honestly. They have key injuries and absolutely no depth to replace those injuries. Its just not a very talented team. Its going to take a few years of good drafting, good player development, and good FA additions to be a real playoff contender.  Right now the Giants, Pats, Cowboys and Bills are better teams and will likely destroy us. I don't see this team winning more than 7 for the year, and I would not be shocked if we only win one more.

The Jets are giving us one of those roller coaster seasons.  Lets hope that the 3rd chapter of this book is positive.  

Sure hope it's a roller coaster season.  Cause then it'd have to go back at some point.

As of now it's like we strapped into the coaster car, went up one rise and derailed on the way down before going back up.  We're currently sitting upside down on the cement with our heads cracked open.

You're right, but before I start trying to speculate what the rest of the league is going to do the next few weeks... I just want to see our team come out ready to play like it's the 4th quarter, from the first snap. Watching Fitz and the offense **** up throws and catches, the RBs running into a pile for 1 yard gains, and the defense blowing coverage and tackles for the first half of every game is horrible. Until that sh*t gets fixed, I don't care about the playoff picture.

I think they are toast honestly. They have key injuries and absolutely no depth to replace those injuries. Its just not a very talented team. Its going to take a few years of good drafting, good player development, and good FA additions to be a real playoff contender.  Right now the Giants, Pats, Cowboys and Bills are better teams and will likely destroy us. I don't see this team winning more than 7 for the year, and I would not be shocked if we only win one more.

they won't destroy us if the wrs can catch.  

Not gonna happen. Jets are an 8-8 team and they have that written all over them. The can beat the Fins, Titans and possibly the Bills, but will lose to G-Men, Pats and Boys. That my friend is 8-8. The Jets - as the always seem to do - got the fans giddy with the 4-1 start, but they are at their level right now. Bowles has 'star' players like Marshall dropping passes, and so does Devin Smith. The guys Bowles favors don't do him any favors with these efforts while a guy like Kerley sits on the bench in favor of Enunwa and Smith. Bowles has a lot to learn also.

I agree. If they were any good they would have beaten Houston and Buffalo and would be 6-4 right now. I see a win over Tennessee and possibly Miami.

The most frustrating thing is this is the year to get into the tournament, because the Pats are beat to sh*t (what if Amendola has an ACL?), Denvers playing their backup. This is an "anything can happen in the AFC" year. 

Even if we got to a Super Bowl it would be like the 85 Bears vs Pats, lol! Could you imagine our defense trying to stop the Cardinals offense? Yikes!

Archived