My "NFL is rigged edition" Superbowl Prediction

Villain The Foe

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giants arent good enough to beat the Panthers or the Cardinals on the road.

Its going to be the Pats over one of those teams and will be the first team to go 19-0.

they weren't good enough to beat dallas, GB and NE in '07 and GB and NE in '11.  this would be my nightmare but there are many similarities btw '07 and '11.

Giants arent good enough to beat the Panthers or the Cardinals on the road.

Its going to be the Pats over one of those teams and will be the first team to go 19-0.

They have not been good enough to beat most of the teams they have played against this year, but if you watch their games, the refs give them even more benefit than they give the Pats, if that is possible. The holding the Pats did against us on the oline looks like childs play compared to what the Giants oline gets away with. Then you breathe on one of their wide out's and its a pentaly, illegal contact, holding and PI is like a birth right to them.

The reality is I don't think the NFL is fully WWE, but there is no doubt in my mind that there is some element of control by the NFL for certain teams going on.

he won multiple SBs before the rules changes and in every era they change rules.  I remember when I was a kid and older people complained about the new rules benefitting passers when marino was setting records.  20 years from now people will complain when great QBs of that era will be setting records. 

and if NE is winning b/c of the rules why does someone like peyton Manning only have 1 SB title? how did Eli manning win 2? why does Brees only have 1? 

You're developing another topic as you argue your point. You stated that NE is the greatest dynasty in the SB era, not the free agency era. I disagreed stating that the 49ers have been the best team of the sb era. If you want to discuss why certain qb's have won more than others I would be glad to do that as well. Different topic though.

they weren't good enough to beat dallas, GB and NE in '07 and GB and NE in '11.  this would be my nightmare but there are many similarities btw '07 and '11.

This is true.  Just calling it like I see it is all.  Those team still had a pretty dominate pass rush and solid run game that they currently dont have.  You never know but I'm not seeing the same Giants team as those seasons.

After seeing the participation by the refs in that Pats/Bills MNF game im going to say now that the Patriots will be the 1st team ever to have 2 regular undefeated seasons. The road will be set for the Pats to once again play the Giants, a team in the Giants that the Pats have ever so barely beaten during regular season play the past few years, and is also the same team that beat the Pats twice in the SB...one of them ending their *perfect* season. 

The Giants will face the Patriots in SB50 and the Patriots will win it...and here's how it will happen.

The Giants lost to the Patriots by a point last week which puts them at .500 but still in control of 1st place in the NFC east. The Giants will go on a run to end the season and make the playoffs, probably even giving the Panthers their 1st loss on the season when they play them on Dec. 20th.

The Set up to make Brady "the all-time best ever" while at the same time destroying all of his (and the Pats) past transgressions.

The Giants will defeat Carolina on Dec. 20th if the Panthers havent already lost by then. The Giants will face Carolina again in the playoffs on their way to the Superbowl. 

The Patriots will most likely go undefeated on the season and will beat a washed up Peyton Manning in the playoffs (If Peyton comes back from injury) to face Peyton's younger and more successful brother...in terms of SB victories and victories over Brady. The only blemishes to Brady's SB filled career has been 2 SB losses against Eli Manning.

Superbowl 50 will be held at Levi Stadium, the new home of the 49er's, which was Tom Brady's child hood team.

Tom Brady will go down as the most decorated QB in NFL history, surpassing his child hood sports Idol Joe Montana (And Terry Bradway) on his way to being the 1st QB with 5 SB championships.

The Superbowl will be held where Tom Brady was born and grew up. 

Tom Brady will defeat the QB/Team that gave him his only career SB blemish. 

Tom Brady will record the only undefeated season in the extended season era in NFL history. 

If this happens I will just stop watching the NFL all together. 

I like it.  It would make Vince McMahon blush.  Point of order though- we need Walt "Earl Hebner" Coleman as the head Ref in the Super Bowl- to tie a nice bow on the Tuck Rule legacy.

Funny how more and more games the Pats play are coming down to the refs and it is always at the Patriots advantage. The Jets had an opportunity  towards the end of the game and the refs called Marshall for not resetting, and if im correct there was also a catch made by decker and he made it out of bounds yet the refs continued to run the clock. I think I still have the game somewhere. If im correct I'll make a GIF of it. 

I can understand if this was 10 years ago and people are making these type of comments and others are skeptical of believing it, but if people are still skeptical of this its simply because they dont feel like seeing the obvious. 

You're developing another topic as you argue your point. You stated that NE is the greatest dynasty in the SB era, not the free agency era. I disagreed stating that the 49ers have been the best team of the sb era. If you want to discuss why certain qb's have won more than others I would be glad to do that as well. Different topic though.

You can disagree but I have changed nothing.  I feel NE has been the greatest dynasty based on this being the hardest era to consistently win in.  SF didn't have a cap to worry about.  teams could stay together for a long time.

This is true.  Just calling it like I see it is all.  Those team still had a pretty dominate pass rush and solid run game that they currently dont have.  You never know but I'm not seeing the same Giants team as those seasons.

I hope you are right, I cannot take another NYG SB.  I don't even want to see them in the playoffs.

You can disagree but I have changed nothing.  I feel NE has been the greatest dynasty based on this being the hardest era to consistently win in.  SF didn't have a cap to worry about.  teams could stay together for a long time.

I hope you are right, I cannot take another NYG SB.  I don't even want to see them in the playoffs.

"the hardest era to consistently win" yet we have a team that has consistently won for 15 years??????????????????

The hardest era (simply because its a cap), but the league combated that and made it the "Passing League Era" so all you need is a QB (1 player practically) to be a SB contender?????????????????

The fact that ALL TEAMS are under cap so the teams shuffle quite often yet its always the "same teams with the same QB's" in the end should show you that its not what you say it is. 

"the hardest era to consistently win" yet we have a team that has consistently won for 15 years??????????????????

The hardest era (simply because its a cap), but the league combated that and made it the "Passing League Era" so all you need is a QB (1 player practically) to be a SB contender?????????????????

The fact that ALL TEAMS are under cap so the teams shuffle quite often yet its always the "same teams with the same QB's" in the end should show you that its not what you say it is. 

he won 2 SBs before it became a "passing league" and w? those advantages why hasn't Peyton won more than 1?

you cannot keep teams together like in the old days, it makes it harder.  NE has won consistently mainly b/c of the greatness of Brady who elevated a sinking ship into a dynasty. 

Here is the rub on 10-0 so far, the pats have not played a good team all year, played Dallas w/o Romo, Indy has been awful this yr, Pitt w/o Bell and Bryant. Now Denver w/o Manning (a healthy manning).  Odell's TD was a catch btw and gmen should have won.

They are a very flawed team, had they played a semi tough schedule, would have lost 2 games. Az  Car  GB easily beat NE in SB. I think Pitt will play NE in 2nd rd and beat them soundly. 

he won 2 SBs before it became a "passing league" and w? those advantages why hasn't Peyton won more than 1?

you cannot keep teams together like in the old days, it makes it harder.  NE has won consistently mainly b/c of the greatness of Brady who elevated a sinking ship into a dynasty. 

He won those 2 SB's cheating, and every year the league changed the rules (as you stated yourself) that directly benefited the Quarterback. 

You keep asking this ridiculous question about Peyton Manning and its been answered a ridiculous amount of times. Peyton Manning doesnt have alot of championships because he didnt play with a team that cheated to an overwhelming majority of them as well as the league having the refs lean the game in favor of the Patriots. 

You ask the question but you dont want to accept the answer...so maybe you should stop asking the question because your statement in the form of a question doesnt present this "dun dun dun" moment. Peyton has 1 ring because he earned it as a Colt. He would have had more if he was a Patriot and cheated his way to more. 

And of course you can keep a team together like the old days, the cap and passing league has made it much easier to do so. You have a great QB and that IS your team. Everyone else is a supporting cast that is easily replaceable. 

How did NE beat Rams (besides taping walkthru) they abused the 5 yd chuck rule and got away with it. The following year NFL decides to enforce this rule. 

He won those 2 SB's cheating, and every year the league changed the rules (as you stated yourself) that directly benefited the Quarterback. 

You keep asking this ridiculous question about Peyton Manning and its been answered a ridiculous amount of times. Peyton Manning doesnt have alot of championships because he didnt play with a team that cheated to an overwhelming majority of them as well as the league having the refs lean the game in favor of the Patriots. 

You ask the question but you dont want to accept the answer...so maybe you should stop asking the question because your statement in the form of a question doesnt present this "dun dun dun" moment. Peyton has 1 ring because he earned it as a Colt. He would have had more if he was a Patriot and cheated his way to more. 

And of course you can keep a team together like the old days, the cap and passing league has made it much easier to do so. You have a great QB and that IS your team. Everyone else is a supporting cast that is easily replaceable. 

why wasn't Belichick winning w/o Brady if all it takes is the ability to cheat to win?

Ohhhhh Indy didn't cheat.  I got it.  so why didn't NE win the SB every year? how did Eli win 2? did NYG cheat? how did Ben win 2? did Pitt cheat?

I don't accept nonsense.

So if the QB IS the team why does Peyton have 1 SB win?(He didn't cheat!) why does Brees have 1? how does Eli have 2? how did Flacco win?  why does Rodgers only have 1?  do these teams need to start cheating? did Seattle cheat to make the last 2 SBs?

Come on villain.  you are better than this.

How did NE beat Rams (besides taping walkthru) they abused the 5 yd chuck rule and got away with it. The following year NFL decides to enforce this rule. 

why didn't other opponents use the same strategy?  oh and they changed the rule 3 years later.  they beat SL in the 2001 season, after NE beat Peyton and Indy 24-14 in the 2003 postseason the Colts whined and they changed the rules.  the nest year when they met Peyton the great, w/ the new rules benefitting QBs, led his team to 3 pts in another postseason failure.  Let me guess- the Pats cheated in that one too?

why wasn't Belichick winning w/o Brady if all it takes is the ability to cheat to win?

Ohhhhh Indy didn't cheat.  I got it.  so why didn't NE win the SB every year? how did Eli win 2? did NYG cheat? how did Ben win 2? did Pitt cheat?

I don't accept nonsense.

So if the QB IS the team why does Peyton have 1 SB win?(He didn't cheat!) why does Brees have 1? how does Eli have 2? how did Flacco win?  why does Rodgers only have 1?  do these teams need to start cheating? did Seattle cheat to make the last 2 SBs?

Come on villain.  you are better than this.

I've had this convo with you before. The more I answer your questions the more questions you have. 

Back to my "NFL is rigged" SB prediction. Can you talk about that? We get that you will defend the Pats and that you think there was no conspiracy. Lets get back on topic. 

Here is the rub on 10-0 so far, the pats have not played a good team all year, played Dallas w/o Romo, Indy has been awful this yr, Pitt w/o Bell and Bryant. Now Denver w/o Manning (a healthy manning).  Odell's TD was a catch btw and gmen should have won.

They are a very flawed team, had they played a semi tough schedule, would have lost 2 games. Az  Car  GB easily beat NE in SB. I think Pitt will play NE in 2nd rd and beat them soundly. 

who cares? are they 10-0? we've played many of the same teams and we are 5-5. 

and odell's drop was a drop, bad rule but ruled properly.

I agree they are flawed but they keep winning.

you are going to use the weak sched excuse then tell me GB would easy beat NE? I am trying to find all the big time teams Car beat too.  weak or strong scheds Car and NE are 10-0. 

I've had this convo with you before. The more I answer your questions the more questions you have. 

Back to my "NFL is rigged" SB prediction. Can you talk about that? We get that you will defend the Pats and that you think there was no conspiracy. Lets get back on topic. 

why watch a "rigged" sport?  I don't get it?

If thats what you call it. 

that is what it is.

"Tom Brady will go down as the most decorated QB in NFL history, surpassing his child hood sports Idol Joe Montana (And Terry Bradwayon his way to being the 1st QB with 5 SB championships."

You meant Bradshaw.

And not fer nuthin, but I thought the NFL started fixing some games back when Pitt beat Homgren's Seahawks in the SB. I am convinced that game was fixed.

again, why didn't anyone else think of that strategy? and they changed the rule 3 years later not the next year.  in the 2003 playoffs NE beat Indy 24-14 in Foxboro where Peyton threw 4 INTs so Indy whined to the league and they changed/emphasized the rule the following season.  That following season peyton and Indy went back to Foxboro in the playoffs and Peyton w/ the new emphasis on the rule led his high powered O to 3 points but I am sure NE cheated and every other team cheated w/ all the Peyton chokes in January.

Hey, I have been in the camp that the NFL has been on a downward slide as a sport for the last 3 years. BUT, if you want to insinuate that the refs are in cahoots with a particular team, in order too make them or a certain player look better, I believe you are delusional.

Just in last night's game alone, Brady got blindsided on a vision block after an interception that probably should have been flagged. I have seen it flagged before. If the league was so "protective", why did they not fly there?

Hey, I have been in the camp that the NFL has been on a downward slide as a sport for the last 3 years. BUT, if you want to insinuate that the refs are in cahoots with a particular team, in order too make them or a certain player look better, I believe you are delusional.

Just in last night's game alone, Brady got blindsided on a vision block after an interception that probably should have been flagged. I have seen it flagged before. If the league was so "protective", why did they not fly there?

This makes sense and really puts the last 2 decades into perspective. 

After seeing the participation by the refs in that Pats/Bills MNF game im going to say now that the Patriots will be the 1st team ever to have 2 regular undefeated seasons. The road will be set for the Pats to once again play the Giants, a team in the Giants that the Pats have ever so barely beaten during regular season play the past few years, and is also the same team that beat the Pats twice in the SB...one of them ending their *perfect* season. 

The Giants will face the Patriots in SB50 and the Patriots will win it...and here's how it will happen.

The Giants lost to the Patriots by a point last week which puts them at .500 but still in control of 1st place in the NFC east. The Giants will go on a run to end the season and make the playoffs, probably even giving the Panthers their 1st loss on the season when they play them on Dec. 20th.

The Set up to make Brady "the all-time best ever" while at the same time destroying all of his (and the Pats) past transgressions.

The Giants will defeat Carolina on Dec. 20th if the Panthers havent already lost by then. The Giants will face Carolina again in the playoffs on their way to the Superbowl. 

The Patriots will most likely go undefeated on the season and will beat a washed up Peyton Manning in the playoffs (If Peyton comes back from injury) to face Peyton's younger and more successful brother...in terms of SB victories and victories over Brady. The only blemishes to Brady's SB filled career has been 2 SB losses against Eli Manning.

Superbowl 50 will be held at Levi Stadium, the new home of the 49er's, which was Tom Brady's child hood team.

Tom Brady will go down as the most decorated QB in NFL history, surpassing his child hood sports Idol Joe Montana (And Terry Bradway) on his way to being the 1st QB with 5 SB championships.

The Superbowl will be held where Tom Brady was born and grew up. 

Tom Brady will defeat the QB/Team that gave him his only career SB blemish. 

Tom Brady will record the only undefeated season in the extended season era in NFL history. 

If this happens I will just stop watching the NFL all together. 

yea yea yea until next August LOL 

Because the play was blown dead before Amendola caught the ball yet they gave him the completion instead of redoing the down. 

The refs even lied and said that it was an inadvertent whistle after the catch. The play was whistled dead way before the catch. thats why Rex was pissed. Look at the play again for yourself. 

Not to mention that the refs (as an apology to possibly blowing an easy td for Brady) penalized Rex for being correct and added an extra 15 yards on to a play that was already blown dead. 

WTF are you talking about?

Rex interfered with the Line Judge on that play blocking his view. That's why he received the 15 yards. Lay off the egg nog.

Funny mon

Archived