Jets Steal OLB From Colts Practice Squad

jetsrule128

Nobody ever stole anything from anybody's practice squad. Ever. 

Patriots Sign Danny Woodhead off Jets Practice Squad

large_woodhead08.jpg

In what seems like a last ditch effort to one-up the Jets the Patriots have signed RB/WR Danny Woodhead off of the Jets practice squad. The Jets released Woodhead earlier in the week to sign David Clowney.

This moves sounds fishy to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if Belichick stayed up all last night with Woodhead prying Jets intel out of him. I at least hope they keep him on the team for a while and not just dump him right after the game. That would be a classless move by the Patriots, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

http://www.jetsgab.com/2010/09/19/patriots-sign-danny-woodhead-off-jets-practice-squad/

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read all these comments and trust me...you people have no idea what's going on.  Martin wasn't brought in to replace Coples.   He's a good player...one of the best special teams players (if not the best) the Chiefs had last year.  He's a solid player but he wasn't brought in to replace Coples OR to get after the QB.

IK Enemkpali?

Nope....a 290 lber with "sub 4.8" speed and quick get off with some serious rushing skills to match the size/sped combo.  You will soon see.  Look for changes in starting personnel on passing downs this Sunday.  Mauldin gonna have a new tag team partner on the outside who is about to make some noise.  The front 4 on Nickel is about to get even better

Nope....a 290 lber with "sub 4.8" speed and quick get off with some serious rushing skills to match the size/sped combo.  You will soon see.  Look for changes in starting personnel on passing downs this Sunday.  Mauldin gonna have a new tag team partner on the outside who is about to make some noise.  The front 4 on Nickel is about to get even better

I think Sheldon is weighing more than 290.  When they start playing him at OLB more will that shut up all the square peg/round hole bullsh*t?

I think Sheldon is weighing more than 290.  When they start playing him at OLB more will that shut up all the square peg/round hole bullsh*t?

Im not sure I'm following you......Sheldon and Wilkerson are the two inside rushers on the 4 man front package.....i wasn't talking about Sheldon. I'm talking about the reason the cut Coples.  Isn't that what this thread was supposed to be about?  They didn't cut him because of Martin contrary to media sources who say that...although Martin can play and he is an awesome special teams guy.  

I know what he's getting at......and he is 100% correct.  But i talked up this player a couple years ago on this board and nobody listened.  I'll say this its quite interesting that out of all 32 teams the kid finally gets a chance on the Jets playing in his natural position.   Team could use a boost this week so let's see what happens.

When he was cut by KC it caused a bit of controversy because Catapano was by all accounts poised for a breakout season. Was ranked as one of the best DEs in pre season this year by Pro Football Focus so his release was a hit of a surprise apparenly.  Andy Reid spoke of it in a press conference saying that Catapano's true talent was as an outside rusher....and apparently with Houston and Hali they wanted him as an inside run stuffer and wasn't the right fit.  This is Andy Reid discussing it in a press conference upon his release.....                  "Coach Andy Reid On DE Mike Catapano 9/7/2015" on YouTube

I told you guys before the 2013 draft about him and everybody mocked me.                   Here is another video on YouTube of Catapano from the 2015 preseason of him making the game saving tackle to beat Seattle.  This guy is a super athletic looking 290.   One teams trash is another teams treasure.  This guy is a hidden gem I'm telling you.  It doesn't surprise me to hear he has impressed in practice and been promoted.  Him and Mauldin on the outside could be good for years to come.  Watch, I bet this kid surprises.  He averaged like 1.5 sacks per game or something ridiculous in college, he f**king good.

Kansas City was using him as an interior lineman for some strange reason...makes almost no sense at all.  The guy is an edge rusher.   Catapano is playing a different position here in this Jets defense, he's a linebacker here.  He is being used in his natural position as a pass rushing linebacker.   Thats what he does.  What they were doing in KC with him was idiotic really.   This guy is talented and was being wasted in KC.    I scouted him in college and he's great.   Also he has been killing in in practice all year.   I was told bringing him up was a possibility weeks ago actually.  

Kansas City was using him as an interior lineman for some strange reason...makes almost no sense at all.  The guy is an edge rusher.   Catapano is playing a different position here in this Jets defense, he's a linebacker here.  He is being used in his natural position as a pass rushing linebacker.   Thats what he does.  What they were doing in KC with him was idiotic really.   This guy is talented and was being wasted in KC.    I scouted him in college and he's great.   Also he has been killing in in practice all year.   I was told bringing him up was a possibility weeks ago actually.  

true he was playing out if position but was still ranked as one of the top DEs in NFL preseason by PFF even as an interior lineman.  

true he was playing out if position but was still ranked as one of the top DEs in NFL preseason by PFF even as an interior lineman.  

well whatever...thats a credit to him then because he's an edge rusher.   I scouted him, I know.    Thats his talent.....and the Jets will use him as such.  

Yes.  Basically Unblockable.....this was why he has been promoted and will get an opportunity....and also why Coples is gone.  He's legit.  Him and Mauldin could be great as an outside tandem

Looking forward to seeing this kid on sunday... this is the most exciting jets news I've heard in months so let's hope you're named nostradamus for a reason

Archived