Jets need to get Drew Brees if the Saints make him available

joewilly12

I look at more than you do. Fitzpatrick is only as good as his WRs are. Or more correctly, only as good as his primary read is, because he never looks at a second WR or even shifts his gaze off his primary read.

He's having a great game. Just enjoy it.

I'm enjoying it sperm but your just making sh*t up now about Fitz he always steps up into the pocket and looks at multiple progressions he gets the ball out quick so if his first read is a good one he goes for it yet you somehow find a way to fault that ? Don't give me the old stair down receivers bullsh*t that don't work with me. Some plays like back shoulder throws and timing patterns are designed to go to ONE guy so if the initial read is single coverage then a Smart QB ALWAYS goes to that read especially when that receiver is one of the best in the game and is 6 -4 .

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm enjoying it sperm but your just making sh*t up now about Fitz he always steps up into the pocket and looks at multiple progressions he gets the ball out quick so if his first read is a good one he goes for it yet you somehow find a way to fault that ? Don't give me the old stair down receivers bullsh*t that don't work with me. Some plays like back shoulder throws and timing patterns are designed to go to ONE guy so if the initial read is single coverage then a Smart QB ALWAYS goes to that read especially when that receiver is one of the best in the game and is 6 -4 .

Your arguing with agenda driven analysis, its not worth it. I have read him argue about how amazing Russell Wilson is, who is good, not great, yet bash Fitzpatrick, take a look at the stats for the two of them. The truth is had Wilson been the Jets QB the past few years, the same agenda driven fans would be wishing him off the team as well. And I am not saying Fitz is better than Wilson, he's not, but its impossible to make people see what they don't want to see. Your one of the more knowledgeable football fans on this board.

Fitzpatrick and Brees have the same amount of TD passes on the year. I wonder who counts more against the cap? Anyone have the cap numbers, I am guessing Brees, but I could be off on that one.

Bree's' salary is $19 million next season plus a $7 million bonus - he's never been as good outside of a dome and is 37.

Pass

I know, and I don't think for a second you're taking any of this personally. (Well, maybe a little, but you shouldn't).

No, he does not always step up in the pocket. You are high on crack and are hallucinating if you truly believe he always - or even more than rarely - looks at multiple progressions. I counted literally one time he did it today - the late completion to Enunwa, which no one even commented on - and it's the first time I've seen him do it in forever.  The exception is when he dumps it off. But he does not look from WR to WR (let alone WR to WR to WR). It does not happen. I defy you to show me all these examples since you're claiming he's "always" looking at multiple progressions. Every play we watch - and every replay after it - shows the opposite. He locks his eyes in the direction his helmet is facing and almost never looks away to another downfield option. That's why, even when his first read is totally covered and he's got a good pocket, he still throws it there anyway, and won't let a play develop for another WR.

He's a dumb QB on the field and plays like he has horse blinders on. Are there even worse QBs out there? Yes, there absolutely are, and we have a couple of them on our roster. But being better than garbage doesn't mean he isn't also bad.

I know, and I don't think for a second you're taking any of this personally. (Well, maybe a little, but you shouldn't).

No, he does not always step up in the pocket. You are high on crack and are hallucinating if you truly believe he always - or even more than rarely - looks at multiple progressions. I counted literally one time he did it today - the late completion to Enunwa, which no one even commented on - and it's the first time I've seen him do it in forever.  The exception is when he dumps it off. But he does not look from WR to WR (let alone WR to WR to WR). It does not happen. I defy you to show me all these examples since you're claiming he's "always" looking at multiple progressions. Every play we watch - and every replay after it - shows the opposite. He locks his eyes in the direction his helmet is facing and almost never looks away to another downfield option. That's why, even when his first read is totally covered and he's got a good pocket, he still throws it there anyway, and won't let a play develop for another WR.

He's a dumb QB on the field and plays like he has horse blinders on. Are there even worse QBs out there? Yes, there absolutely are, and we have a couple of them on our roster. But being better than garbage doesn't mean he isn't also bad.

Sperm I don't ever take our discussions personally I enjoy the good debate . Its some other posters here I can't tolerate sometimes who give no intelligent argument and just blurt out a bunch of crap, you are never in that discussion.

Fitz has some very good qualities I wish other QB's on our roster had, since they seem to be physically superior athletes but I had to listen to the weak arm argument and I just don't see a QB with a weak arm when he's throwing 20 yard outs with zip on the ball just like he did more than once today. He has a middle of the road arm so its certainly not weak. They said he can not throw the deep pass when he seems to throw the ball pretty well 50 to 60 yards downfield which we have also seen him do plenty of times this season. We have also seen him let down by miserable drops, tipped balls into the defenses hands by our own WR's and alligator arms on numerous occasions as well. Its very frustrating because I think he can easily be in the mid 20's in TD's and low single digits in Int's and lead a team that for the most part has not played well to a 9-2 record without all the gaff's . The th quarter of the last game was his worst but you have to give Houston credit as well since in the last month they have shut down everyone they have played and Fitz still put up 2 solid TD drives on them . Hes a good QB who is going to stay the QB until we draft a young player in the draft or develop Petty and in that case we might be looking at least 2 more years possibly more.

Archived