Butt Fumble Game

TuscanyTile2

The infamous butt fumble occurred in the 2nd quarter of that (Thanksgiving Day) game.  Amazingly in that quarter, the Jets held the ball for over 12 of the 15 minutes but were outscored 35-3, .

=================================================

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_fumble

The play was the centerpiece of a disastrous sequence in the second quarter, as the Jets lost three fumbles and the Patriots scored three touchdowns—one each on offense, defense, and special teams—all in the span of 52 seconds of game time; in that quarter, the Jets held the ball for over 12 minutes (out of 15), but were outscored 35–3.

=================================================

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already mentioned Butt Fumble Day in the Happy Thanksgiving thread with a picture. 

sanchez-fumble-11-22-12.gif?w=800

It was Moore's fault.  Wilfork threw him like a child's toy right into Sanchez who never expected him to be there.  Wilfork lifted Moore so high he left both his feet.  It should be called the "Wilforklift" or the "Moorefumble".  Mark kept quiet and took the blame.  On this day of Thanksgiving we should set the record straight.

SAR I

No way in hell Sanchez ran right into Moore's ass. 

1428604782_233057_1428605163_sumario_gra

Yeah, because everything just has to be Mark Sanchez' fault, right?

Moment of impact, Brandon Moore is picked up by Vince Wilfork and thrown with such force that he is through Nick Mangold's center spot and is all the way over to the other side of the line.  Look at the photo.  Wilfork saw Sanchez running for it, picked up Moore, threw him into Sanchez.  It's all there.  Watch the GIF's posted earlier.  Listen to Chris Collingsworth's original NBC telecast call.

As much as some like to blame Mark Sanchez for everything, this wasn't his fault.  It's Thanksgiving.  Perfect day to set the record straight.

SAR I

Moment of impact, Brandon Moore is picked up by Vince Wilfork and thrown with such force that he is through Nick Mangold's center spot and is all the way over to the other side of the line.  Look at the photo.  Wilfork saw Sanchez running for it, picked up Moore, threw him into Sanchez.  It's all there.  Watch the GIF's posted earlier.  Listen to Chris Collingsworth's original NBC telecast call.

As much as some like to blame Mark Sanchez for everything, this wasn't his fault.  It's Thanksgiving.  Perfect day to set the record straight.

SAR I

I love loyalty and you certainly provide Sanchez with plenty of it!  The sad part about Sanchez is that he can look so good as he did when the Eagles played the Dolphins, than ruin it all with a poor turnover, it's the story of his career.

Posted · Report post

It was Moore's fault.  Wilfork threw him like a child's toy right into Sanchez who never expected him to be there.  Wilfork lifted Moore so high he left both his feet.  It should be called the "Wilforklift" or the "Moorefumble".  Mark kept quiet and took the blame.  On this day of Thanksgiving we should set the record straight.

SAR I

Moment of impact Sanchez wasn't laying on his back!!!!!

SAR I

Didn't Sanchez admit to forgetting what play was called and then just running with it?  I think you have to give Mark some credit here - although I do agree Moore accepts some blame here too - although it looks to me like a hell of a play by Wilfork.

This play was Sanchez's fault.  Moore was barely being pushed backward at the moment of impact. 

butt-fumble.jpg

Barely?  He was blasted laterally towards Mangold's position.  Wilfork knew what he was doing, he saw Sanchez jolt towards the line, picked up Moore, and tossed him into Sanchez.  Moore left the ground.  Both feet. 

Put it this way:  If Brandon Moore blocks Wilfork, the Buttfumble never happens.  Wilfork was Moore's responsibility.  Pretty simple stuff.  Sanchez gets blamed for this because Jets fans made him the scapegoat for everything Rex Ryan did wrong.  The defense that night was worse than the offense, but no one talks about that.

SAR I

butt-fumble.jpg

Barely?  He was blasted laterally towards Mangold's position.  Wilfork knew what he was doing, he saw Sanchez jolt towards the line, picked up Moore, and tossed him into Sanchez.  Moore left the ground.  Both feet. 

Put it this way:  If Brandon Moore blocks Wilfork, the Buttfumble never happens.  Wilfork was Moore's responsibility.  Pretty simple stuff.  Sanchez gets blamed for this because Jets fans made him the scapegoat for everything Rex Ryan did wrong.  The defense that night was worse than the offense, but no one talks about that.

SAR I

this is completely innaccurate. sanchez caused moore to trip and fall. sanchez is a piece of sh*t as a qb. 

SAR I

I think you're getting your holidays mixed up 

SAR I, check the moment of impact (and I'm saying to watch the video rather than look at a pic that was taken after the initial contact was made).  Moore might have barely been going backward at the moment of impact. 

Turn up the volume, listen to Chris Collinsworth's live analysis of the play and the replays.

SAR I

this is completely innaccurate. sanchez caused moore to trip and fall. sanchez is a piece of sh*t as a qb. 

Yes, and Mark Sanchez forced the defense to not show up for the AFC Championship Game and Mark Sanchez forced Rex Ryan to put him in the fourth quarter of a meaningless preseason game and Mark Sanchez begged for Tony Sparano as an offensive coordinator.

SAR I

Collinsworth is a dolt.  How about you just watch the play since we have the video.  Notice how Moore only falls AFTER Sanchez runs into him.

How about you just recognize the truth:

Wilfork made a great play.

Moore didn't do his job.

Sanchez was an innocent victim.

If Joe Namath had a mediocre 300 pound guard thrown in his path by a Hall Of Fame defensive lineman we'd be blaming the mediocre offensive lineman, not Joe Namath.

SAR I

How about you just recognize the truth:

Wilfork made a great play.

Moore didn't do his job.

Sanchez was an innocent victim.

If Joe Namath had a mediocre 300 pound guard thrown in his path by a Hall Of Fame defensive lineman we'd be blaming the mediocre offensive lineman, not Joe Namath.

SAR I

Maybe if it happened the way you say then I would give Wilfork credit.  Again, watch the actual play.  Sanchez runs into Moore and then Moore falls.  It's plain as day. 

If you want to defend Chez in general that's fine (even though I'll disagree).  On this particular play though he ran into Brandon Moore.

I guess this proves how worthless stats are:

Sanchez went 26 for 36 with 301 yards, one touchdown, one interception, and one fumble, for a passer rating of 94.8 and a QBR of 22.9

unm actually it shows that Sanchez, is good. Today Im thankful that my team had a franchise QB for a few seasons at least

Maybe if it happened the way you say then I would give Wilfork credit.  Again, watch the actual play.  Sanchez runs into Moore and then Moore falls.  It's plain as day. 

If you want to defend Chez in general that's fine (even though I'll disagree).  On this particular play though he ran into Brandon Moore.

Agreed. But what is not being mentioned is that sanchez Dropped THE BALL.

Case closed on the buttFUMBLE.

Yes, and Mark Sanchez forced the defense to not show up for the AFC Championship Game and Mark Sanchez forced Rex Ryan to put him in the fourth quarter of a meaningless preseason game and Mark Sanchez begged for Tony Sparano as an offensive coordinator.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez is losing to a 1-7 team on national television. 

Archived