Bowles -I will say it

JohnnyLV

Fans can make all the excuses they want but it doesn't change the fact that they're a perennial basement dweller on offense no matter who the QB/HC/WR/TE's are.  Only time this offense has been a real threat was when they had a HOF HC, HOF QB or an elite rushing attack.  They do not have a HOF HC or QB yet they're a few dropped TD's from being a top-10 offense.  I'll take it.

Enough with blaming the dropped passes for the offense. Infuriating as each drop is, the receivers have also saved bad passes.

Detroit has dropped how many passes so far today? It won't be their storyline after the game because they have 31 pts (and counting) midway through the 3rd quarter even with those drops. 

The Jets are nowhere near being the leaders in drops (or drop percentage). We're not even in the top 10 In drops. Both of the 2 remaining undefeated teams are worse than the Jets in dropped passes. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We come out flat we receive the opening kickoff and go 3 and to most times. The play calling is usually horrendous. 

IMO the play calling is bad because we're limited as to what we can actually do. We essentially have only 2 viable WRs, neither of whom can really stretch the field. We also only have a banged up Ivory and a slightly-better-than JAG in Powell for the running game.

IMO the play calling is bad because we're limited as to what we can actually do. We essentially have only 2 viable WRs, neither of whom can really stretch the field. We also only have a banged up Ivory and a slightly-better-than JAG in Powell for the running game.

Add no TE 

We have 3 viable WRs why isn't Bowles playing Kerley

No excuses in football

We come out flat we receive the opening kickoff and go 3 and to most times. The play calling is usually horrendous. 

I agree 100%, in fact, have we scored a TD on our opening possession yet this season? I really do not recall that.

Enough with blaming the dropped passes for the offense. Infuriating as each drop is, the receivers have also saved bad passes.

Detroit has dropped how many passes so far today? It won't be their storyline after the game because they have 31 pts (and counting) midway through the 3rd quarter even with those drops. 

The Jets are nowhere near being the leaders in drops (or drop percentage). We're not even in the top 10 In drops. Both of the 2 remaining undefeated teams are worse than the Jets in dropped passes. 

LOL...I'm blaming the dropped passes for not being top-10.

I get it, jets fans have been so spoiled with the juggernauts they've put out that a top 13/14/15 offense just won't cut it...lol

We'll all have to learn to live with the fact that all the posters on JN will continue to be overlooked for any coordinator positions despite their many qualifications.  Life is so unfair.

I give Bowles a B- so far.  We have mediocre talent and are 5-5.

I am not saying that he hasn't made mistakes. I think the talent on this team was VASTLY overrated.

Team was 4-12 last year so 8-8 is a natural progression. But Jets fans, as they do a lot, thought that money spent equaled wins and got fooled by a 4-1 start which doesn't even come close to the worst collapses in history

Honestly I am so sick of this whining on the coaching staff.  How about holding the damn players accountable with their dropped passes? If Smith & Marshall hold on to crucial passes maybe we have a different turnout on Sunday

I will make a constructive suggestion to Gailey...how about tossing a couple of short passes to Smith to get his confidence back? A quick out or a WR screen, an easy catch to get him rolling again.

Yeah but, poor execution is a product of poor preparation which is a product of poor coaching.

You can't say the food sucks but the chef is great. The food sucks because the chef screwed up somewhere.

Yeah but, poor execution is a product of poor preparation which is a product of poor coaching.

You can't say the food sucks but the chef is great. The food sucks because the chef screwed up somewhere.

Not if the chef is using bad ingredients. Now you could say the same about Rex last year but there was already a prior record for him.

Bowles has not been infallible but he has not made any decisions that have directly led to losing a game. Notice the word directly. You could even argue that some of his moved worked because the Jets got the ball back

In each loss the Jets were down 2 scores late in the game. And in each case NOBODY said to the offense run the hurry up, shake your ass, get in gear MOVE. In 2015 NFL, that is unacceptable. Doesn't appear Gailey does much but run his plays. Mismatches aren't exploited, dangerous players like Watt last week don't seem to get defensed, running plays espeically take forever.Does this old f__ watch tape? Is there any quality control going on? Looks like this old guy does what ever he wants.  When your OL is banged up, delayed handoffs make no sense.Thought hiring hack Chan Gailey for a defense-oriented coach was a major mistake, and so far the awfulness of the offense has made that opinion  a fact. 

Add to the fact Gailey insisted Geno would be the starter.  Now you have zero credibility.  Once Geno got popped by IK, Bowles obviously injected his 2 cents into the decision to go and stay with Fitz after he realized what a total loser Geno was.   

So johnnysd wants stability at the head coaching position but he wants to fire the head coach after one season. That makes sense. Fired Pete Carroll after one year and we got Rich Kotite. That's a great why to go.

If a team isn't willing to give a HC at least 3 years absent outrageously poor performances (which isn't close to what we have here) than they SHOULDN'T even think about hiring the guy to begin with!!!

Good Grief!

If a team isn't willing to give a HC at least 3 years absent outrageously poor performances (which isn't close to what we have here) than they SHOULDN'T even think about hiring the guy to begin with!!!

Good Grief!

Why would an educated man like yourself get involved in a conversation like this ?

Well some Pat fan friends of mine who watched Brady in camp in 2000-2001 said it was only a matter of time until he became a starter.. Mo just helped make that a bit sooner..

Truth

Bledsoe was terrible at reading defenses. Great deep ball but erratic with short to intermediate throws.

Managing early success is a difficult job for any coach, much less a rookie. Look at Bowles and Dan Quinn right now. IMO, the best thing that can happen for this team right now is Fitzpatrick playing himself to the bench and Petty getting the last 4-5 starts to show a little something. Get the 8th or 9th overall pick, draft some speed and another QB, go into the offseason where you can dump some trash holdovers, and start the rebuild in earnest. This nonsense of trying to ride Fitz and Ivory to the 8th seed is a waste of time.

They should have started rebuilding LAST year with all that money at their disposal.  Instead, they invest billions on aging players to make a splash.  With all the 'additions', 4-12 maybe translates into a possible 9-7 but that's mainly because Geno isn't your starter. That alone is worth 4 extra wins.  9-7 may get you in the playoffs but this team wont go far if it gets in.  

Why would an educated man like yourself get involved in a conversation like this ?

Hahahaha because I cant take it!!

We are such a reactionary fan base that it is amazing.......

I just wonder all of these folks knocking Bowles now were pretty silent when he was picked.  Who pray tell did they want? Cowher......Marv Levy?

Well the other hot HC candidate Quinn is doing about the same as Bowles with far more talent on offense, and a younger faster defense.

So who would these guys want and who would we replace Bowles with who these same folks wouldn't want fired in the middle of next season...

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone on this site!! 

So who would these guys want and who would we replace Bowles with who these same folks wouldn't want fired in the middle of next season...

They were talking about this on Sirius radio.

Schefter expects around 6 coaching positions to come open and there isn't anyone who is a slamdunk to fill them.

They did run some no huddle against Houston. But I just don't think they have the personnel to do it

Fitz can't run the hurry up and is a poor thrower on the run so Chan is limited in what he can do. 

The idea that Chan is somehow holding back Fitz and Geno is absurd!!

This offense with either Fitz or Geno out there is in the top 15 in the league, are we kidding with the complaints????

Bad game calls at times, of course, it is called NFL football not Madden.  But has Chan been holding back the Jets offense....

Come on guys....

Schefter expects around 6 coaching positions to come open and there isn't anyone who is a slamdunk to fill them.

I can't believe that 95% of teams looking for a HC will only look at the hottest OC or DC in the league.

With a few exceptions, that has been a disaster.

Teams need to step out of the box and look elsewhere.

How about a successful college HC who runs pro-style offense (not gimmicky offenses like Chip Kelly) or other position coaches in the NFL.

Being a good OC or DC does not make you automatically a good HC.

Yea anyone following real games and real teams and not being guided by the FF leagues know this.....

Think, the folks out here are now saying last year's Assistant Coach of the year in Bowles, now doesn't know how to coach!!!!

I can't believe that 95% of teams looking for a HC will only look at the hottest OC or DC in the league.

How about a successful college HC who runs pro-style offense (not gimmicky offenses like Chip Kelly) or other position coaches in the NFL.

The problem is that few college programs run a pro style offense anymore. Everybody's going to the spread offense

They should have started rebuilding LAST year with all that money at their disposal.  Instead, they invest billions on aging players to make a splash.  With all the 'additions', 4-12 maybe translates into a possible 9-7 but that's mainly because Geno isn't your starter. That alone is worth 4 extra wins.  9-7 may get you in the playoffs but this team wont go far if it gets in.  

I guess. Revis is the only tough contract moving forward, though. The rest of them are easily manageable/disposable. 

Bob Stoops? Saban? Mora Jr? None of those guys inspire confidence.

In each loss the Jets were down 2 scores late in the game. And in each case NOBODY said to the offense run the hurry up, shake your ass, get in gear MOVE. In 2015 NFL, that is unacceptable. Doesn't appear Gailey does much but run his plays. Mismatches aren't exploited, dangerous players like Watt last week don't seem to get defensed, running plays espeically take forever.Does this old f__ watch tape? Is there any quality control going on? Looks like this old guy does what ever he wants.  When your OL is banged up, delayed handoffs make no sense.Thought hiring hack Chan Gailey for a defense-oriented coach was a major mistake, and so far the awfulness of the offense has made that opinion  a fact. 

gailey has tried different things.  the bills game he comes out and takes 3 deep shots, all incomplete.  vs houston he put a bunch of screens in, they were all a disaster, I'm surprised the texans didn't score on one of them.

a lot of the time its the players

what really bothers me about the jets is someone said last week the first half they don't adjust, its like a laboratory, then they adjust in the 2nd half.  I was blown away by that.  I think it was an offensive player, might have been defense.  either way that is bizarre

LOL...I'm blaming the dropped passes for not being top-10.

I get it, jets fans have been so spoiled with the juggernauts they've put out that a top 13/14/15 offense just won't cut it...lol

We'll all have to learn to live with the fact that all the posters on JN will continue to be overlooked for any coordinator positions despite their many qualifications.  Life is so unfair.

My point is if you want to give a couple of key non-drops to every team then it would be an equalizer that would leave us no better.

I'm just not sympathetic to granting what-if redos to the Jets and the Jets alone. Every team would like to play "what if" certain cherry picked plays went another way. As they say, if the queen had balls she'd be king. 

I'm even less sympathetic to this idea that only upper echelon coordinators are permitted to find fault with those on the Jets. Just as I'm sure you've never criticized any player or coach in any sport because you werent personally doing their jobs better than they. 

I guess. Revis is the only tough contract moving forward, though. The rest of them are easily manageable/disposable. 

Harris' contract is not.  He's due another 15 mill over next 2 years.  Brilliant just brilliant for a LB that cant cover a pot at this stage of his career.  I can see paying a guy for his time but get him off the field on passing downs.

Archived