Cap stuff for 2016

CanadaSteve

I've had back to back torn meniscus surgeries in '13 and '14. My knees will never be the same.  Whats odd is I never had issues with my knees, only ankles.  Really hard to recover from it since I didn't rehab it correctly.  A year later and finally feeling better.  Hopefully Colon will be back. Anyone who questioned Geno is a friend for life. He's a Hayesman, he will be back.   

Also a notable difference between you and Colon is that rehab is Colon's full time job. Presumably you had another while you weren't religiously showing up to PT.

Also a notable difference between you and Colon is that rehab is Colon's full time job. Presumably you had another while you weren't religiously showing up to PT.

Sure did, worked in a Psychos 'R' Us clinic in the South Bronx LOL. PT was too expensive. Total ripoff and takes forever through lousy health plans.  Last job wand last 2 winters were enough to make me leave NY. Now in Florida but Jets, Mets, Knicks and Rangers go with me.  My only recourse is to surrender part of my check to Direct TV..... Mark Cuban for President. 

Franchise Wilk and trade for picks.  Otherwise our cap situation is screwed. We still have Snacks, Leonard Williams and Sheldon on the d-line.

Only FA I'd want back is Demario Davis and Snacks. Let Ivory get his payday on another team and draft a starting RB.

I wouldn't sign DeMario Davis for the minimum. He's an absolute scrub. He can't tackle for sh*t and he definitely can't cover. 

I was being slightly sarcastic. He's definitely worth the minimum but he's been a failure. No way in hell this guy can replace Harris. 

He wasn't brought in to replace Harris. He was brought in to play next to Harris.

They both should be replaced, frankly, and Harris shouldn't have been brought back on that moronic new contract. Davis isn't my idea of a great ILB, mind you, but at least he fits the Bowles Defense better than Harris, because he's noticeably faster and that's supposedly what Bowles wanted. With a comparatively slow line and Coples/Pace slotted to be the OLBers, the last thing this defense needed was to get locked into arguably the NFL's slowest ILB for another $15M guaranteed. 

Why would we cut Gilchrist? He's the first safety we've had with any coverage skills since Rhodes. I guess you could throw Allen in there but we were using him as a CB in '14 and he's missed this whole season.

Also missing from your FA list is Colon. Laugh all you want, but if Colon wants to come back again at that same money I'd bring him back in a heartbeat. Even though an upgrade is desirable, Willie can clearly still start, and at the veteran minimum his cap hit is actually less than his compensation. He counts an insignificant amount more than an UDFA who makes the opening day roster. That's about as good a known-quantity, cheap, veteran backup as you'll find anywhere in the NFL in terms of production vs cost. I'd still draft another guard, or see who else is out there in FA. But since Colon's so cheap, the reality is he's not an emergency to replace (like Brick, who cripples the cap if he's not replaced). If anything my main issue with Colon is Bowles' reluctance to play his younger guys over veterans who he just hands the starting jobs to. 

Willie is a beast in the run game ...where has the run game been since he's gone ? Problem is his injuries may force him to retire

Archived