How far away is Pryor from being a Pro-Bowler?

BroadwayJets

He's had an excellent season, and it's been awesome to see him go from a below average tackler, to an almost irreplaceable piece of this defense is just one offseason. 

I don't believe he'll be there this season, but if he continues to show this sort of development and consistency in his game, tackling and coverage, he'll be there (or should be there) next year, no doubt. 

Thoughts. 

Idk, his numbers are pretty good even compared to Kam Chancellor (who missed a good chunk of the season). I think it is one of those positions though where if the defense isn't preforming well the player wont get recognition even if he is having an exceptional season.

He's had an excellent season, and it's been awesome to see him go from a below average tackler, to an almost irreplaceable piece of this defense is just one offseason. 

I don't believe he'll be there this season, but if he continues to show this sort of development and consistency in his game, tackling and coverage, he'll be there (or should be there) next year, no doubt. 

Thoughts. 

Damn, Jets fans are pretty damn funny.

Player development. Pryor has played at a Pro Bowl level when not injured. I have stated that in several threads. 

And you would be wrong in several threads.

Pryor has shown great improvement from last year.

You guys are delusional if you think he is anywhere near Pro Bowl level.

Not quite pro bowl but far better than last year. At this trajectory he could be one of the best in the league in two or three years but we don't really know where his ceiling is. He may fall short along the way. As it is he is a solid piece of the defense and I'd be happy calling safety a set piece of the defense for now.

That's why its important to be patient with young players, last year he was called a bust this year he is on the cusp of being a pro bowler.  He certainly has improved. IMO he will be quite a player.

Alot of folks want to run Devin Smith out of town.  He has had a very poor season but is just a rookie who missed all of preseason.   I think he is another player who is better than he has shown so far.  Hopefully it starts to show this week. 

Not Pryor's level of play.

You guys should be thrilled with his improvement this year.

The guy has played very well, but nowhere near Pro Bowl level.

Nowhere near? Who is the staple pro-bowl strong safety, minus Kam? I think Kam's more naturally gifted, but other than that, I don't see many ahead of Pryor if he continues to play like this. 

Also, your bias is showing.

OMFG  Christ put him in Canton, he has played some good football, he is far from great. Unreal  mon

I don't believe he'll be there this season, but if he continues to show this sort of development and consistency in his game, tackling and coverage,

Glad we read before we comment mon

Archived