Manish Mehta....The Voice of Reason????????

UnitedWhofans

Two phrases that I never thought would be uttered in the same sentence.

But here it is. Not only supporting the regime but blasting the fanbase for the SOJ moniker.

"Memo to Jets fans, who have resigned themselves to S.O.J. life: The woe-is-me act is tiresome. You’re not the only ones starving to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. The poor saps in Cleveland and Philly have as many, if not more, reasons to sulk and whine. Same Old Jets is an easy emotional release to explain away anything during tough times. The truth is that the Jets didn’t hit this rough patch because they couldn’t stand prosperity. They hit the rough patch because they haven’t made enough plays. They haven’t made enough plays because — gasp! — they need more talent and depth across the board"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-old-jets-gang-green-changing-better-article-1.2447936

From Cro: 

“The fans, who have been fans since the ’60s, probably can see a different culture with how Todd handles stuff,” Cromartie said. “Nothing’s the same. Everything is different. Some things may not have gone our way midway through the season, (but) the true fans that have been here since the Joe Namath Era or even the ’70s and ’80s know that there’s something different about this coaching staff and this organization.

Whatever man. Can Manish entertain the idea that the "same old Jets" saying is about the Jets NEVER having the talent to compete legitimately?  Not having the talent or not making plays is exactly what we're talking about. 

We were once again the offseason champs only to watch what looks in many ways like the same inept offense over and over and over and over again. OC and HC faces change but the inability to score does not. 

Our D no matter how "great" and all that never seems to be able to close out games. 

That sounds like the same old Jets to me. 

Besides, I seem to recall that Manish himself has used the "SOJ" phrase--or at least inferred to it--in many a repulsive, sensationalist piece or tweet that he wrote. And, just like all those shots he's taken at the "Same 'Ol Jets", I'm sure he wrote this with the same sh*t eating grin and sense of self-satisfaction at, once again, sticking it the Jets fans and putting them in their place. He deliberately works people up and, once assembled, he tells the angry and disenfranchised mob that they should be ashamed of themselves.

Manish Mehta can, not-so-kindly-and-gently, go **** himself.

Whatever man. Can Manish entertain the idea that the "same old Jets" saying is about the Jets NEVER having the talent to compete legitimately?  Not having the talent or not making plays is exactly what we're talking about. 

We were once again the offseason champs only to watch what looks in many ways like the same inept offense over and over and over and over again. OC and HC faces change but the inability to score does not. 

Our D no matter how "great" and all that never seems to be able to close out games. 

That sounds like the same old Jets to me. 

No sh:t. He unknowingly stole the lyrics to our SOJ national anthem.

The truth is that the Jets didn’t hit this rough patch because they couldn’t stand prosperity. They hit the rough patch because they haven’t made enough plays. They haven’t made enough plays because — gasp! — they need more talent and depth across the board"

Hey Manish. The reason no one reads  your garbage is because you have no talent or insight.  Go **** a duck. 

From Cro: 

“The fans, who have been fans since the ’60s, probably can see a different culture with how Todd handles stuff,” Cromartie said. “Nothing’s the same. Everything is different. Some things may not have gone our way midway through the season, (but) the true fans that have been here since the Joe Namath Era or even the ’70s and ’80s know that there’s something different about this coaching staff and this organization.

Even Stevie Wonder could see this!!

While not defending MM... That aint the point....

The fact is that we have posters saying Bowles should be let go after a record of 5-5, while inheriting a team that hasn't been close to the playoffs in four seasons, shows you that there is something fundamentally irrational with this fan base....

Has Bowles been perfect his first year here? No far from it but neither was HOF Parcells when he got here in his first year. The question is does the team have a different feel and are we headed in the right direction? 

With the last part of that question it is really to early to tell but we are better as an organization and as a team than we were last year there is no doubt about that and that is all any fan can ask.

The 4-1 start that had lead to 5-5 and is very disappointing.  However, this team had very little talent and awful draft picks the past few years.  It is going to bite us for several years to come.  We overcame a lot from what we were a year ago. 

While for all of us losing 4 out of 5 is extremely frustrating we need to give this regime a couple years before we can fairly evaluate.  Right now MacCagnan is trying to "shine s$!t" from the Idzik regime. 

Even Stevie Wonder could see this!!

While not defending MM... That aint the point....

The fact is that we have posters saying Bowles should be let go after a record of 5-5, while inheriting a team that hasn't been close to the playoffs in four seasons, shows you that there is something fundamentally irrational with this fan base....

Has Bowles been perfect his first year here? No far from it but neither was HOF Parcells when he got here in his first year. The question is does the team have a different feel and are we headed in the right direction? 

With the last part of that question it is really to early to tell but we are better as an organization and as a team than we were last year there is no doubt about that and that is all any fan can ask.

I'm not close to the biggest Parcells dicksucker here, but Parcells in 1997 was a dramatically better coach than Bowles in 2015. Night and day. Not that he didn't have faults, but Parcells was a complete and seasoned head coach. He was also the team's GM (unfortunately). Bowles is a coach learning on the job. Parcells was not a new coach learning to get better at his craft. Parcells assembled his own staff from top to bottom. Bowles had someone else hire his OC because he didn't know enough to hire his own. Their personalities are totally opposite as well. They couldn't possibly be more different. 

And Bowles isn't coaching the team that hasn't been close to the playoffs for 4 seasons. He's coaching a different roster, and a different team, following his GM splurging in free agency after years of the prior ones bringing in almost no one new (Decker and Ivory and who else good was brought in since 2011?). A secondary of backups, a rookie, and a converted linebacker playing CB have been replaced with the most expensive secondary in NFL history. We also went defense with our 1st round (#6 overall) and 3rd round picks. This defense should be an unstoppable force. Instead they still largely function like a squad of run stoppers.

From Cro: 

da fuq is he talking about ?

And Bowles isn't coaching the team that hasn't been close to the playoffs for 4 seasons. He's coaching a different roster, and a different team, following his GM splurging in free agency after years of the prior ones bringing in almost no one new (Decker and Ivory and who else good was brought in since 2011?). A secondary of backups, a rookie, and a converted linebacker playing CB have been replaced with the most expensive secondary in NFL history. We also went defense with our 1st round (#6 overall) and 3rd round picks. This defense should be an unstoppable force. Instead they still largely function like a squad of run stoppers.

Last year the Jets were 24th in points allowed (25.1 pts/game)

This year, the Jets are 11th in points allowed (20.8 pts/game)

Now, I can see people saying "That difference is not enough." And that is fair, I guess. But it is clear that Cro is done after having a good year in Arizona last year. Bowles coached him in Arizona last year and saw good play. The logic of bringing him in was sound, but unfortunately, he slipped back to being a pumpkin.

Revis is a step slower than he used to be but is still a very good corner. Skrine has been good when not injured. Gilchrist has been very solid. 

So of the rebuilt secondary, including Revis this week, only Gilchrist has played consistently. No continuity in the secondary= lack of results.

The LB corps is what it is. The ILBs are bad at covering, but save for Keuchly, which ILB isn't. And the OLB are slow. 

The DL specifically Wilkerson, is overrated. He's good, but he's not on JJ Watt level, which is the money amount he wants.

Last year the Jets were 24th in points allowed (25.1 pts/game)

This year, the Jets are 11th in points allowed (20.8 pts/game)

Now, I can see people saying "That difference is not enough." And that is fair, I guess. But it is clear that Cro is done after having a good year in Arizona last year. Bowles coached him in Arizona last year and saw good play. The logic of bringing him in was sound, but unfortunately, he slipped back to being a pumpkin.

Revis is a step slower than he used to be but is still a very good corner. Skrine has been good when not injured. Gilchrist has been very solid. 

So of the rebuilt secondary, including Revis this week, only Gilchrist has played consistently. No continuity in the secondary= lack of results.

The LB corps is what it is. The ILBs are bad at covering, but save for Keuchly, which ILB isn't. And the OLB are slow. 

The DL specifically Wilkerson, is overrated. He's good, but he's not on JJ Watt level, which is the money amount he wants.

You don't know what you're talking about. What you're doing is looking up points-allowed stats and equating correlation with causation. Like the difference in QB play, WR health+play, the addition of a non-liability to the OL, the starting of 4th-5th string CBs for all 16 games, no safety with any ball skills on the field at any time, the D recovering like 1 fumble over the first dozen games, and a much easier schedule overall in 2015, don't have an effect on points surrendered even without the needed change in coaching. All of those things change from 1 year to the next, and we're barely surrendering a FG less? It's only his first year as HC, but all of that together (and a lot more that I didn't just mention) is a pretty bad indictment of the coaching this season. 

Again, you just don't know what you're talking about. No offense intended.

I'm not close to the biggest Parcells dicksucker here, but Parcells in 1997 was a dramatically better coach than Bowles in 2015. Night and day. Not that he didn't have faults, but Parcells was a complete and seasoned head coach. He was also the team's GM (unfortunately). Bowles is a coach learning on the job. Parcells was not a new coach learning to get better at his craft. Parcells assembled his own staff from top to bottom. Bowles had someone else hire his OC because he didn't know enough to hire his own. Their personalities are totally opposite as well. They couldn't possibly be more different. 

My point was not that Bowles was as good as Parcells that would have been silly!  My post never sought to imply any such thing

What I was saying is that Parcells was far from perfect.  The Jets were 8-4 under Parcells in 1997 then the Jets lost three of their last four, including the heartbreaking season finale in the Pontiac Silverdome, thanks to the Leon Johnson halfback-option interception which IMO was an  ill advised play call from the coaching staff.  As you know that play caller for the Jets was Neil O"Donnell whom he benched and who was head and shoulders better than Fitz or Geno Smith. Some have said that the Jets' collapse that year with Parcells was one of the worst in team history.  I don't because of where the Jets were a mere one year prior to Parcells' arrival and his need to overhaul the team.  And I am a Parcells fan!

My point was that all the talk of collapses from a rookie HC should be in perspective, with Fitz and Smith as the QBs if a HOF HC can lose three of the last four games of the season and then bets it all on a half back option when you have a decent QB.

Also Parcells didn't coach the same team that Kotite had the year before and NO ONE held that against him like some appear to be doing with Bowles!

I am just be fair....

Also I don't know where you are getting the totally unsubstantiated point that Bowles is clueless on offense and didn't pick his own OC in Gailey.  That is just made up.

Not one report said that Gailey wasn't Bowles pick.

Here is just one example:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/05/why_todd_bowles_chose_chan_gailey_as_jets_offensiv.html

All I am saying that it is fair to say that Bowles is accountable, he should be.

The plain fact is that Bowles has made several rookie HC mistakes (they didn't work) at key times, and that those mistakes may at times have cost us two games, but to act like Bowles is some unqualified boob, who didn't pick his own staff, and who has no feel of the team is IMO unjustifiable and going overboard....

You don't know what you're talking about. What you're doing is looking up points-allowed stats and equating correlation with causation. Like the difference in QB play, WR health+play, the addition of a non-liability to the OL, the starting of 4th-5th string CBs for all 16 games, no safety with any ball skills on the field at any time, the D recovering like 1 fumble over the first dozen games, and a much easier schedule overall in 2015, don't have an effect on points surrendered even without the needed change in coaching. All of those things change from 1 year to the next, and we're barely surrendering a FG less? It's only his first year as HC, but all of that together (and a lot more that I didn't just mention) is a pretty bad indictment of the coaching this season. 

Again, you just don't know what you're talking about. No offense intended.

I did say "Now, I can see people saying "That difference is not enough." And that is fair, I guess."

So I did take those into account.  

You are usually on the money Sperm but not that statement..

Bowles also said he began thinking about hiring Gailey about a year ago, when Bowles started interviewing seriously for head coaching vacancies around the NFL.

"Until you get a bunch of interviews, you start taking it more seriously and you kind of narrow guys down that you want or guys that you could get because most of the good ones are taken," Bowles said. "And Chan, obviously, I thought he was a very good one before he was a head coach and it was a good pick for me."  http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/05/why_todd_bowles_chose_chan_gailey_as_jets_offensiv.html

The biggest promoter SOJ mentality is Rich Cimini.  I can't stand that @sshole

When Cimini was with the NYDN he was certainly the King A-s Hole.    Since he's been with ESPN he's still snarky, but seems to have mellowed.

Mehta has hands down taken the King A-s Hole award home several years running.  I'm starting to think it's the NYDN sports editorial policy.  All their writers are trolls 

When Cimini was with the NYDN he was certainly the King A-s Hole.    Since he's been with ESPN he's still snarky, but seems to have mellowed.

Mehta has hands down taken the King A-s Hole award home several years running.  I'm starting to think it's the NYDN sports editorial policy.  All their writers are trolls 

So any writer that is critical of the Jets poor performance (and rightfully so) is considered a troll?

You are usually on the money Sperm but not that statement..

Bowles also said he began thinking about hiring Gailey about a year ago, when Bowles started interviewing seriously for head coaching vacancies around the NFL.

"Until you get a bunch of interviews, you start taking it more seriously and you kind of narrow guys down that you want or guys that you could get because most of the good ones are taken," Bowles said. "And Chan, obviously, I thought he was a very good one before he was a head coach and it was a good pick for me."  http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/05/why_todd_bowles_chose_chan_gailey_as_jets_offensiv.html

Not buying it. 

Archived