The Players We Didn't Draft

TuscanyTile2

Anyone followed Bud Dupree?  Is he any good?  How is that guard that Washington drafted doing?  How about Devin Funchess?  His stats aren't great the last time I looked. 

Funchess looks like he'll be pretty good. I think Dupree leads rookies in sacks...

Leo has 1/2 of a sack. 

I wonder how he gets along with one testicle like that. 

Given all the talent on the D-line, I thought he'd have 8 sacks this season...starting to wonder if he'll finish with 1.

Given all the talent on the D-line, I thought he'd have 8 sacks this season...starting to wonder if he'll finish with 1.

Keep in mind that he needs to get more powerful. He's really, really young, 21 years old. He'll be in the strength & conditioning program, he'll be much better next year. He's also coming into the NFL when inside holding has pretty much been legalized to try & protect the prescious few QBs left in this floundering league (been a horrible year). I think he'll be OK but we again missed out on the BP in the draft Amari Cooper! Replace Smith with Cooper & imagine our record today. Marshall, Decker, Cooper. F*cking Rex & his useless end of season wins. 

Keep in mind that he needs to get more powerful. He's really, really young, 21 years old. He'll be in the strength & conditioning program, he'll be much better next year. He's also coming into the NFL when inside holding has pretty much been legalized to try & protect the prescious few QBs left in this floundering league (been a horrible year). I think he'll be OK but we again missed out on the BP in the draft Amari Cooper! Replace Smith with Cooper & imagine our record today. Marshall, Decker, Cooper. F*cking Rex & his useless end of season wins. 

So if we miss out on a player in the next draft does Bowles get blamed for a 4-1 start?? How do you know it wasn't the Raider win or even worse the Steeler win that cost the Jets a better pick..LOL

Funchess looks like he'll be pretty good. I think Dupree leads rookies in sacks...

Funches coming around nicely 

I thought Funchess has looked awful thus far, a lot of dropped passes he moves slow. His current stats are 280 yards and 2 touchdowns and they are done with week 12 already. with that logic you can say Devin Smith is coming around nicely and he looks like he will be good.

Anyone followed Bud Dupree?  Is he any good?  How is that guard that Washington drafted doing?  How about Devin Funchess?  His stats aren't great the last time I looked. 

Dupree has been a bit of a disappointment in Pittsburgh. He doesn't see the field much except in situational pass rushing.

Actually that has not been the mismatch that we thought it would be. The Saints are going backwards and Pryor is improving

I don't see much improvement in pass coverage, and I have yet to see him make a crushing hit. He made a play early on when he caused a fumble as Hoyer tried to dive in for a TD, but nothing since then. He had the reputation of a big hitter in college, but haven't seen much more than arm tackling from him since. Kyle Fuller - a CB from Va Tech - would have been a much better selection that Pryor.

So if we miss out on a player in the next draft does Bowles get blamed for a 4-1 start?? How do you know it wasn't the Raider win or even worse the Steeler win that cost the Jets a better pick..LOL

I don't support tanking games flat out, I support getting young players reps when the team is out of the playoffs. Had the Jets been in position to get Winston or Mariotta last draft we might have secured our QB for the next 12 years, instead we're still floundering with Fitz & Geno. By the way, where are the know it alls that said neither one was worthy of a top pick,lol. Amazing the freaking chutzpah our fans have, like they're actual scouts or something.

I don't support tanking games flat out, I support getting young players reps when the team is out of the playoffs. Had the Jets been in position to get Winston or Mariotta last draft we might have secured our QB for the next 12 years, instead we're still floundering with Fitz & Geno. By the way, where are the know it alls that said neither one was worthy of a top pick,lol. Amazing the freaking chutzpah our fans have, like they're actual scouts or something.

They were in position to trade up for Mariota.  They erroneously thought the RG3 price tag was too much.  It wasn't.  Even though RG3 failed, the Rams are only marginally better than Wahington after all those premium picks because they don't have a QB either.  QB is all that matters,  no price is too high.

We could have had Mariotta had it not been for Rex. He won those last few game on purpose to screw us.

Fans love playing the what If game.. What if instead of taking Chad in 2000 we waited to our 6th and took Brady..You could come up with winning scenario's all day long..BTW I agree on giving young players a shot who didn't we play in 2014 that should have??

No he's not. He's caught less than half his targets and has had 2 decent games which came in the last 4 weeks. The dude has been non-existent outside of those 2 games and averages less than 2 catches per game. 

He needs to put in more work to be considered coming around nicely imo. 

I guess what I was trying to say was compared to his beginning of the season he's looked much better over the last 4 weeks, let's say. Although he didn't do much in the Dallas game. 

:iceman sometimes take a while to get comfortable. He is fine against the run. He said himself he cannot bull rush everyone here like her did in college. He is working on technique.  His skills are off the charts.

Fans love playing the what If game.. What if instead of taking Chad in 2000 we waited to our 6th and took Brady..You could come up with winning scenario's all day long..BTW I agree on giving young players a shot who didn't we play in 2014 that should have??

I don't want Tom Brady on this team ever. He is a dickhead. 

I would have drafted Williams every single time if he were on the board at the time the Jets picked over any other player who was available.

I would never have drafted a safety with a high 1st round pick in any draft.

I would have drafted Jay Cutler over Brick Ferguson and still take Mangold in that draft.  Jets could have had Cutler, Mangold and the OT from my beloved Auburn Tigers (O'neil) who had the spinal issue at the time that caused him to slide.

Just a small sample.

Archived