Bowles Says no Lineup Changes for Struggling Jets

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   Jets fans hoping to see some changes this weekend for their struggling team won’t be thrilled to hear what head coach Todd Bowles had to say when asked about any lineup changes this Sunday. Bowles offered up a simple, “No, we didn’t make any”, when asked by a reporter if there […]

Click here to read the full story...

I wouldn't expect lineup changes until mathematical elimination.

By Glenn Naughton   Jets fans hoping to see some changes this weekend for their struggling team won’t be thrilled to hear what head coach Todd Bowles had to say when asked about any lineup changes this Sunday. Bowles offered up a simple, “No, we didn’t make any”, when asked by a reporter if there […]

Click here to read the full story...

I'm not sure what changes Bowles can make, he is starting the best talent available to him.

I would like to see someone besides DD.  It must mean that the others are not showing him anything in practice---not enough to replace DD, at any rate.  I would also like to see Blwmartie sit down  just because Revis is out does not make a human toaster valuable.

I'm not sure what changes Bowles can make, he is starting the best talent available to him.

I think Cro would have played himself out of a starting role for some teams at this point.

Cro's potential replacement, Marcus Williams, is starting for Revis.

Yes, I know...that's why I mentioned it in the article.  I'd say Cro's poor play started in week 1 and has persisted all season.  How many TD"s does he have to allow before somebody else gets a shot?

i wonder who's going to get Coples reps as "designated pass rusher"?   Mauldin?   I wouldn't mind seeing Reilly get a few snaps.

With Revis down, and Cro playing at the level he has been, the Jets better have a pass rush Sunday. 

Call me nuts, but I still have hopes for Milliner!

Me too....we only saw him in two games last season.  Banged up in one against GB when he got smoked, and he played great against the Chargers and Rives before getting hurt..    No need to give up on him based on age/potential/salary.  

Nothing would make me happier then for Milliner to step up and play to his potential, I actually liked the pick when it was made, except for his history of 5 surgeries.  

Not so sure Bowles feels the same way.  he had a difficult time finding a roster spot for him when he became healthy. This I'm sure will be his chance.  We'll see what he can do.

I read an article about Gailey saying that he still has faith in Devin Smith and just doesn't want Smith to lose confidence in himself. And that he's looked better in practice. That kind of sounds like Eric Mangini. Who at times seemed to care more about practices than gameday. I don't want the Jets to use the regular season to try out players and build confidence in them. This is not the exhibition season. I'd hate to see Gailey again go to Smith in important situations with the game on the line. Build his confidence by giving him simpler routes that has a higher percentage for success. Not 30 yard passes in important situations. I don't get it why he goes to him in those kinds of clutch moments. You lose games that way. 

Stubborn and stupid is all I have to say,reminds of Rex repeating over and over "he gives us the best chance to win". DAMMIT 

i mean, what do you want him to change? Mauldin will be playing tons more now that Coples is gone, Williams will be starting with Revis out. You wanna sit Cro for Milliner? oh, that's right - he's ALWAYS hurt.

i mean, what do you want him to change? Mauldin will be playing tons more now that Coples is gone, Williams will be starting with Revis out. You wanna sit Cro for Milliner? oh, that's right - he's ALWAYS hurt.

Coples played 5 snaps last game I want changes on OFFENSE get Kerley involved somehow, 

Just cut Dee now, it is clear that Bowles wants no part of him, a change in scenery would do him well.

Dont be so sure of that just yet. Maybe Bowles and Revis are mentoring him and trying to turn him into a top CB in this league. 

Enough of these failed #1 draft picks ever wonder why we cant win a Super Bowl look no further. 

I read an article about Gailey saying that he still has faith in Devin Smith and just doesn't want Smith to lose confidence in himself. And that he's looked better in practice. That kind of sounds like Eric Mangini. Who at times seemed to care more about practices than gameday. I don't want the Jets to use the regular season to try out players and build confidence in them. This is not the exhibition season. I'd hate to see Gailey again go to Smith in important situations with the game on the line. Build his confidence by giving him simpler routes that has a higher percentage for success. Not 30 yard passes in important situations. I don't get it why he goes to him in those kinds of clutch moments. You lose games that way. 

I agree. It's obvious that Smith is currently playing with alligator arms. He has not adapted mentally to the league yet. They need to throw him shorter routes, screens, just to get his feet wet. Kid made some great catches in school. It's easy to want to lump him into the Jets second round bust pile, but hopefully they can just bring him along slowly and get hm  going. 

Given Bowles' propensity for playing veterans, I'm still surprised that Kerley isn't out there more. 

You could extend this article to Mauldin and Fitzgerald and Reilly and also Bowles refusal to go away from the 4-3 which is not working. Bowles is a VERY stubborn and inflexible head coach, regardless of what he said in preseason, and that is just not a good trait for a head coach to have. He is not impressive as a head coach at all. Hopefully he shows improvement over the next 6 games but this is not a good sign.

You could extend this article to Mauldin and Fitzgerald and Reilly and also Bowles refusal to go away from the 4-3 which is not working. Bowles is a VERY stubborn and inflexible head coach, regardless of what he said in preseason, and that is just not a good trait for a head coach to have. He is not impressive as a head coach at all. Hopefully he shows improvement over the next 6 games but this is not a good sign.

Well they dumped Coples so Mauldin is going to get more playing time now.

Mauldin may see more playing time but Coples wasn't seeing the field enough to say he was stealing significant snaps from anyone.

Archived